1 2
Jerry
Jerry HalfDork
5/18/13 2:52 p.m.

I bought mine for rallycross and a few cruise's with my Scion friends. But my fiancee wants to borrow it and mount it to a mop bucket, and roll it around her vet clinic to film a dog's point of view for a promotional video. I thought that was awesome.

What other fun stuff have they been used for? I remember over the winter seeing a time-lapse of someone's porch fill with snow during a big storm. Links and/or descriptions of other clips?

mndsm
mndsm PowerDork
5/18/13 3:21 p.m.

I'm going to fashion a harness for mine and stick it on my two year old and see what happens. I also intend on strapping it to my car once some good storms roll through and getting a POV, or perhaps sticking it to the window of my apartment. Also have an RC body all setup to mount it to so I can get RC action shots when I go out for drift shenanigans. And then once the wife comes home.....

ddavidv
ddavidv PowerDork
5/19/13 11:07 a.m.
mndsm wrote: And then once the wife comes home.....

Yeah, that crossed my mind too. But then, I'd be in the damn thing also, and even I don't want to see that.

Curmudgeon
Curmudgeon MegaDork
5/19/13 11:09 a.m.
ddavidv wrote:
Yeah, that crossed my mind too. But then, I'd be in the damn thing also, and even I don't want to see that.

Yeah, that stops me too. Well, that and the lack of a wife.

Secretariata
Secretariata GRM+ Memberand Reader
5/19/13 11:21 a.m.
Curmudgeon wrote: Yeah, that stops me too. Well, that and the lack of a wife.

I hear if one isn't picky the second problem is easily overcome...

grafmiata
grafmiata SuperDork
5/19/13 11:39 a.m.

I'm thinking of strapping mine to my cat, just to see what the little bastard does all night while I'm at work.

mndsm
mndsm PowerDork
5/19/13 11:43 a.m.
ddavidv wrote:

Not if it's taped to the top of my helmet while shenanigans are happening.....

Maroon92
Maroon92 MegaDork
5/19/13 4:55 p.m.
mndsm wrote: Not if it's taped to the top of my helmet while shenanigans are happening.....

You need a helmet for shenanigans? You are either doing it wrong, or doing it WAY right.

Either way, rock on!

Curmudgeon
Curmudgeon MegaDork
5/19/13 4:58 p.m.
Secretariata wrote:
Curmudgeon wrote: Yeah, that stops me too. Well, that and the lack of a wife.
I hear if one isn't picky the second problem is easily overcome...

Not looking for Ms Right, just Ms Right Now.

BARNCA
BARNCA Dork
5/19/13 5:12 p.m.

this is one i did with my GP a few weeks ago with a buddies super stock S10. I have another i did this weekend,, just need to edit it down.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vPrz8pfW0Cc&feature=youtu.be

mndsm
mndsm PowerDork
5/19/13 5:39 p.m.
Maroon92 wrote:
mndsm wrote: Not if it's taped to the top of my helmet while shenanigans are happening.....
You need a helmet for shenanigans? You are either doing it wrong, or doing it WAY right. Either way, rock on!

Yes. Yes I am.

Osterkraut
Osterkraut UberDork
5/19/13 7:53 p.m.
Jerry wrote: I bought mine for rallycross and a few cruise's with my Scion friends. But my fiancee wants to borrow it and mount it to a mop bucket, and roll it around her vet clinic to film a dog's point of view for a promotional video. I thought that was awesome. What other fun stuff have they been used for? I remember over the winter seeing a time-lapse of someone's porch fill with snow during a big storm. Links and/or descriptions of other clips?

Cut out the mop bucket and go straight for the source.

LainfordExpress
LainfordExpress HalfDork
5/20/13 4:54 a.m.

You could actually mount it to a dog. One of my friends did this to find out where his dog was getting through the fence.

JoeyM
JoeyM MegaDork
5/20/13 6:03 a.m.

you could put it on a sword
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FaEZZ43WrTQ

dculberson
dculberson UltraDork
5/20/13 6:49 a.m.

In reply to BARNCA:

I love it! I didn't expect the front end to lift. Nice rush.

Jerry
Jerry HalfDork
5/20/13 7:11 a.m.

I tried my WheelyKing RC truck yesterday when I got bored. Not bad, but quite bouncy as expected.

N Sperlo
N Sperlo UltimaDork
5/20/13 7:14 a.m.
grafmiata wrote: I'm thinking of strapping mine to my cat, just to see what the little bastard does all night while I'm at work.

Thats a long, dark road, my friend.

Duke
Duke PowerDork
5/20/13 11:08 a.m.
grafmiata wrote: I'm thinking of strapping mine to my cat, just to see what the little bastard does all night while I'm at work.

I would get a memcard full of the cat trying to scrape the GoPro off under every low object it could find.

Swank Force One
Swank Force One MegaDork
5/20/13 11:19 a.m.
Duke wrote:
I would get a memcard full of the cat trying to scrape the GoPro off under every low object it could find.

I'd get a card full of mine just flopping on his side and crying because there's something on him.

I vote hula hoop!!!

(Maybe not quite work safe)
http://youtu.be/Ea3RAkGqYC8

Spoolpigeon
Spoolpigeon Dork
5/20/13 1:01 p.m.

The hoola hoop one is awesome

For teh funny, find the trombone one. Makes me laugh every time!

bgkast
bgkast GRM+ Memberand Reader
5/20/13 1:07 p.m.

The trombone video was quite amusing!

mad_machine
mad_machine GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
5/20/13 2:02 p.m.

loved the trombone. I am going to get one for recording my sailing

Conquest351
Conquest351 SuperDork
5/20/13 2:28 p.m.

I'd love to put one on my 2 yr old as mentioned. Think it would be funny stuff.

mndsm
mndsm PowerDork
5/20/13 2:51 p.m.
Conquest351 wrote: I'd love to put one on my 2 yr old as mentioned. Think it would be funny stuff.

I'm thinking 2 year old+ other kids going WTF+park... perhaps water park?=win

Conquest351
Conquest351 SuperDork
5/20/13 3:02 p.m.
mndsm wrote:
Conquest351 wrote: I'd love to put one on my 2 yr old as mentioned. Think it would be funny stuff.
I'm thinking 2 year old+ other kids going WTF+park... perhaps water park?=win

Schlitterbahn!!!!!

http://www.schlitterbahn.com/nb/

1 2

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
YqSnPOuqrv0Fp5zghlxAFCamVygqjzw2VN5XjIK5KukpxGLBQZsddHOkxegeA1MJ