1 2 3 4 5
Tom_Spangler
Tom_Spangler GRM+ Memberand Dork
8/11/14 4:08 p.m.
Timeormoney wrote: Draft order, the case for it being published earlier. Knowing my spot in the draft will change my player ranking. The most obvious changes resulting from being either #1 or #12 with the snake of doom/joy. Auto vs attended. I liked the auto-draft as it seemed like the easiest to organize and execute. Overall opinion, someone else is doing all the work and I get to play; everything is good.

Agreed with all of this, with the caveat that I prefer a live draft, but understand it adds a lot more hassle and may not be doable.

But I strongly agree that I'd like to know the order ahead of time so that I can rank accordingly.

JG Pasterjak
JG Pasterjak Production/Art Director
8/14/14 9:04 p.m.

Draft order:

Pick 1Broken Rotors

Pick 2Whore Island Ocelots

Pick 3Poop Bay Shovels

Pick 4Mermen

Pick 5World Champions of the World

Pick 6toad9977

Pick 7Bob Costascreek Clam Jam

Pick 8My Fair Brady

Pick 9Javelins

Pick 10Works Every Time

Pick 11BoltUP2014

Pick 12tbd

Sticking with auto-draft. Set your lists and pray for healthy knees.

Timeormoney
Timeormoney Reader
8/14/14 11:02 p.m.

Woot! Thanks for the draft order. Question are we limited to certain number of players we can draft per position? Ie could someone autodraft 15 quarterbacks?
I read through all the league settings and was unable to find out. Thanks again.

JG Pasterjak
8/14/14 11:14 p.m.

I believe you can draft whoever you want. But you won't be able to play one of these QBs in a DB sport, or as a TE.

I di see your approach, though. Has a certain Randal and Mortimer Duke vibe to it.

Mazdax605
Mazdax605 SuperDork
8/15/14 7:35 p.m.

In case anyone wants to do the Pigskin Pick'em this year I set up a group for the GRM like last year. It is pretty simple. Pick the most winners each week, and become a champion. No point spread, and your worst week is dropped. It can hopefully be found here:

http://games.espn.go.com/nfl-pigskin-pickem/2014/en/group?groupID=58180

Let me know if you can join or not so I know I did it correctly.

Chris

Mazdax605
Mazdax605 SuperDork
8/20/14 6:02 p.m.

bump

revhard
revhard New Reader
8/22/14 12:32 p.m.

In reply to Timeormoney:

Yea i was worried about picking unnecessary extras. I know that for certain draft picks, you can omit positions so you know for example that with your 4th pick, youre only looking for a qb . its will grab the highest one you ranked thats available. not perfect but its something.

4cylndrfury
4cylndrfury MegaDork
8/22/14 2:19 p.m.

Im interested in joining too...I know, Im late to the party. The site appears to be down?

NFL.com said: Thanks for visiting NFL.com Fantasy Football. We are currently upgrading the game for the 2014 season. Check back soon!!!
poopshovel
poopshovel MegaDork
8/25/14 4:58 p.m.

Anybody else having a hard time figuring out how to set their draft order on the nfl app?

Mazdax605
Mazdax605 SuperDork
8/25/14 5:26 p.m.
Mazdax605 wrote: In case anyone wants to do the Pigskin Pick'em this year I set up a group for the GRM like last year. It is pretty simple. Pick the most winners each week, and become a champion. No point spread, and your worst week is dropped. It can hopefully be found here: http://games.espn.go.com/nfl-pigskin-pickem/2014/en/group?groupID=58180 Let me know if you can join or not so I know I did it correctly. Chris

Only one other guy wants to play the pick'em game? Come on bros!

JG Pasterjak
8/25/14 7:09 p.m.
poopshovel wrote: Anybody else having a hard time figuring out how to set their draft order on the nfl app?

Click on your team name. A reminder should come up about things to do before the draft. Click on "Edit pre-draft rankings." Then click "Edit Overall Pre-rank" in the upper right. From there you'll go to the interface where you can drag and drop your picks to the sorting area, then save your order.

JG Pasterjak
8/25/14 7:29 p.m.
4cylndrfury wrote: Im interested in joining too...I know, Im late to the party. The site appears to be down?
NFL.com said: Thanks for visiting NFL.com Fantasy Football. We are currently upgrading the game for the 2014 season. Check back soon!!!

That league was full.

BUT...

I just created a new one

Invite friends by emailing the following URL and league information directly to your friends:

Join Here: http://fantasy.nfl.com/registration/privateleaguejoin?leagueId=2702708

League ID: 2702708

League Password: grm915

Currently it's only eight teams, but we can add more if it fills up. This is a live draft league, for those folks that want to attend a live draft (auto pick will still be in effect if you are absent). Scoring settings will be similar to the other league (slightly biased to ward soil positions, as it should be), and lineups will be similar as well. I'll have that all sorted out in the next 24 or so.

Current owners are of course, welcome to field a second team. Always fun to try a couple different strategies and see what happens.

Tom_Spangler
Tom_Spangler GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
8/25/14 8:05 p.m.
JG Pasterjak wrote: Current owners are of course, welcome to field a second team. Always fun to try a couple different strategies and see what happens.

I'm tempted, but for me it'd be a fifth team, so I'm going to pass.

poopshovel
poopshovel MegaDork
8/26/14 9:09 a.m.
JG Pasterjak wrote:
poopshovel wrote: Anybody else having a hard time figuring out how to set their draft order on the nfl app?
Click on your team name. A reminder should come up about things to do before the draft. Click on "Edit pre-draft rankings." Then click "Edit Overall Pre-rank" in the upper right. From there you'll go to the interface where you can drag and drop your picks to the sorting area, then save your order.

Not in the app, but I'll try on the confuser. Thanks.

4cylndrfury
4cylndrfury MegaDork
8/26/14 9:47 a.m.

only 3 teams in the second league? C'mon guys, lets get some more action brewing...

Timeormoney
Timeormoney Reader
8/27/14 10:11 a.m.

Rolled a 2nd team in the 2nd league, I of course get the first round draft pick again...right fyi apparently there is still some room left for more peeps. Join the fun as motorsports fans attempt to manage imaginary football teams...what could go wrong?

poopshovel
poopshovel MegaDork
8/27/14 12:26 p.m.

I've never done the autodraft, so a couple questions:

1. If I'm 3rd in the draft order, does that mean that regardless, I'll get one of my top 3 ranked players in the first round?

2. I know there was talk of the "snake-draft" setup; will the draft order remain the same, or will it change each round?

Timeormoney
Timeormoney Reader
8/27/14 1:47 p.m.

Snake draft was last I saw so 1-12 12-1 1-12 12-1. Just pick all quarterbacks, its the thing to do.

DanielCut
DanielCut New Reader
8/27/14 2:25 p.m.

I'm in for the second league.

JG Pasterjak
8/27/14 8:12 p.m.
Timeormoney wrote: Rolled a 2nd team in the 2nd league, I of course get the first round draft pick again...right fyi apparently there is still some room left for more peeps. Join the fun as motorsports fans attempt to manage imaginary football teams...what could go wrong?

I'll randomize this one as well shortly. Once we get a few more folks in and get closer to draft day.

JG Pasterjak
8/27/14 8:14 p.m.
poopshovel wrote: I've never done the autodraft, so a couple questions: 1. If I'm 3rd in the draft order, does that mean that regardless, I'll get one of my top 3 ranked players in the first round? 2. I know there was talk of the "snake-draft" setup; will the draft order remain the same, or will it change each round?
  1. Correct. You'll get the highest ranking one that still remains available.

2. Remains constant. 1-12 then 12-1, then 1-12 and so on until the end.

JG Pasterjak
8/27/14 8:18 p.m.
Timeormoney wrote: Snake draft was last I saw so 1-12 12-1 1-12 12-1. Just pick all quarterbacks, its the thing to do.

This is why the 2-5ish rounds are so frustrating. Do you take a productive running back or WR, or if there's still a top QB on the board, to you take him to prevent someone else from having him?

poopshovel
poopshovel MegaDork
8/28/14 12:48 p.m.

2nd league joined.

DanielCut
DanielCut New Reader
8/28/14 1:52 p.m.

Just need 2 more.

Timeormoney
Timeormoney Reader
8/30/14 12:05 a.m.
JG Pasterjak wrote:
Timeormoney wrote: Snake draft was last I saw so 1-12 12-1 1-12 12-1. Just pick all quarterbacks, its the thing to do.
This is why the 2-5ish rounds are so frustrating. Do you take a productive running back or WR, or if there's still a top QB on the board, to you take him to prevent someone else from having him?

With the player limit feature turned on in autodraft its a little easier, but I like our full on chaos mode.
For the live draft...I totally understand you, get what my ranking says I should grab or snag that player too good to let go.

1 2 3 4 5

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
9WjREPZnUcjuQAnuJxPYrFyxhIdjPrIZjlzMxEKSUQsqNBShVZmDnq9Wg1T2fFMy