1 ... 10 11 12 13 14 ... 19
ShawneeCreek
ShawneeCreek GRM+ Memberand HalfDork
1/14/24 7:33 p.m.

A box appeared, with many Lord of the Rings themed art pieces:

Fancy! And what's inside:

Tissue paper on top, basically unused. Claimed by Mrs. ShawneeCreek. Under that a definitely-not-LEGO, "designed" in China, "authorized model" of a Desert Eagle hunting pistol. Some reassembly required. Along with zip ties and other garage misc.

It does actually shoot things when you pull the trigger. Two of those red bars at a time. Nifty.

And the rest of the contents all laid out:

Thanks GRMer in Utah! Mrs. ShawneeCreek and I had a good time going through the contents on frigid, snowy day.

- Sean

barefootcyborg5000
barefootcyborg5000 UltimaDork
1/14/24 7:44 p.m.

In reply to ShawneeCreek :

A bit bummed the super official people's pistol didn't fully survive transit. But mostly unharmed. Tossed in toys and games figuring they would be better received than literal trash. Also, don't try to use those calipers for anything critical. They did not instill confidence. 

The cats ass is from *in borat* my wife, and is meant to be infused with smell-good oil and attached to car vents. 

brandonsmash
brandonsmash GRM+ Memberand Reader
1/14/24 9:05 p.m.

Oh man, this year I definitely got better than I gave. I will for sure be stepping up my game next year! (Whlie I've been a GRM reader for many years and a forum lurker for a few years, it's only this past year I've begun participating in the forum regularly once I quit Reddit.) 

Also, box art. Man, I have some inspiration for next year! I had a very good, hearty laugh at what I received. Y'all are pretty cool. 

There were two boxes o' crap because "shipping to AZ is cheapish." Woo, more crap! 

I like the idea of the UPS carrier reading the boxes and thinking, "What the fork?"

Glad I read the instructions before I did my usual:

Okay, now to the goodies!

These will absolutely get used. I still have wall space available at my warehouse and have a ton of tools that hang on the walls.

Oh shoot, this is FULL of crap! 

A 3D-printed GRM cup (I'd like the STL!). I assumed at first that it was for, say, twist drill bits. Then I found an open screw-on top. Maybe a fleshlight?

Inside the cup were a few coins (2 Chuck-E-Cheese tokens and a Bahamian dime) and a lanyard from the USS Virginia. The slogan seems ominous next to the coins, somehow. 

A couple shirts, some sockets, a couple jelly octopodes (?), an inflatable Boston Terrier, some hand sanitizer, what appears to be three short ignition wires for a 1998 Mopar, a couple bearings, a Santa, a baggie of springs...

I totally dig the Aerojet Rocketdyne shirt. I'm rather a few sizes larger, but I'm hoping I can at least get the wife to wear it as a nightshirt! 

Some Red Kap jeans in 38 x 30, some stickers that will absolutely make it onto a toolbox or maybe a track car, some Japanese beef curry mix that brings back memories, a pair of gardening gloves, and a 2009 "BEST MAZDA" trophy. I know it's silly but that's definitely going to go in the garage somehow. Also a roll of Life Savers.

Okay, there's actually some stuff of value here as well: A roll of stamps, for instance! There's also some door locks for a Toyota, syringes, obligatory Rock Auto magnets, party poppers, and a squishy booby. Wait, what? 

Did it have to be vanilla milk scented?

Overview of the box that didn't have the pegboard in it:

For real, I'm super impressed. And grateful: This is a neat community. Some of this is actually going to make it into use, and some of it is going to be used to irritate the wife (at some point I'm going to have to sneak the squishy booby into her purse or something). And definitely for next year I'm going to purge even more crap from my own shops and send it to my victim! I'll have to figure out a cost-efficient shipping solution. Hey Bill, can you pair me up with someone who can accept palletized LTL shipments at their door? 

AngryCorvair (Forum Supporter)
AngryCorvair (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
1/14/24 9:09 p.m.

Legacy box is packed, will be on its way south tomorrow.

RacetruckRon
RacetruckRon GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
1/15/24 12:06 a.m.
brandonsmash said:

A 3D-printed GRM cup (I'd like the STL!). I assumed at first that it was for, say, twist drill bits. Then I found an open screw-on top. Maybe a fleshlight?

Not a fleshlight, do not install hootus. That's the coozie/sealed beer sender I designed to send some local Wisconsin Only beers when I first started playing the game. It's cool to see those making the rounds, my printers were down for some maintenance so my victim this year did not get one. Shoot me a PM I can send you the files.

RacetruckRon
RacetruckRon GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
1/15/24 12:07 a.m.
wvumtnbkr said:
RacetruckRon said:

A second box has arrived, this one from South Carolina. I am big confused. 

I don't think its from me!  I sent you one last year!

...That's why I'm so confused dude.

Hungary Bill (Forum Supporter)
Hungary Bill (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand PowerDork
1/15/24 6:43 a.m.
RacetruckRon said:
wvumtnbkr said:
RacetruckRon said:

E-mails sent.  We'll figure it out wink

java230
java230 PowerDork
1/15/24 7:57 p.m.

Mine was delivered. I just got home and am destined to get mine out tomorrow so I can open it! 

wvumtnbkr
wvumtnbkr GRM+ Memberand PowerDork
1/15/24 10:13 p.m.
Hungary Bill (Forum Supporter) said:
RacetruckRon said:
wvumtnbkr said:
RacetruckRon said:

I didn't get an email.  OMG!  E36 M3.

I did send it to you again.  Crap.  I looked at the email from last year!

I got another box I can send out to my intended recipient.

What an idiot I am!

wvumtnbkr
1/15/24 10:18 p.m.

Mr Bill, I just found the original email.  Not sure how I got so mixed up.  

Probably too worried about Stampie beating me at the challenge this year!

I know who it is and I stalked them.  I just somehow mixed up the addresses.  I got the correct victim now!

Get ready for a second rate box!

DuctTape&Bondo
DuctTape&Bondo Dork
1/15/24 10:25 p.m.

In reply to brandonsmash :

Happy to hear everything arrived safely and that some of it may be useful. 
I got a bunch of those pegboards from a wholesaler for a project. 
I've been tossing things in a box throughout the year for this game so it's not as tailored as I'd like and I forgot to include vinyl stickers and hot wheels. 
Trophy came from my brother in law spring cleaning and felt appropriate from stalking your profile. The size dictated the box and the box dictated how much I could cram in. 
Octopodes, 3D printed canister, sockets, pliers, bearings, brake hardware, gloves and gun lock etc are legacy items. 
Jeans are reportedly new, brother in law lost weight and dropped off a stack of them. 
Aerojet shirt is new from my son, too small for me as well unfortunately. 
Terrier and boob came from a friend who gives me odd gifts. 

Curry came from Japan via my cousins's recent trip
Automotive promo items are from SEMA a few years ago. 
ARP ad insert is from the estate of Stan Goldstein who is a part of automotive history https://www.sema.org/news-media/enews/2021/04/longtime-automotive-aftermarket-veteran-stan-goldstein-passes-away?utm_source=ET&utm_medium=email&utm_content=585013&utm_campaign=eNews

1/16/24 8:07 a.m.
wvumtnbkr said:
RacetruckRon said:
wvumtnbkr said:
RacetruckRon said:

aw man.  sorry for the mixup!

Let me know if you need an assistance, I'm happy to help (and others have offered to chip in as well!)

wvumtnbkr
1/16/24 10:04 a.m.
wvumtnbkr said:
RacetruckRon said:
wvumtnbkr said:
RacetruckRon said:

aw man.  sorry for the mixup!

Let me know if you need an assistance, I'm happy to help (and others have offered to chip in as well!)

Naw, I'm good.  I have spares of most of the stuff I put in this box and had to leave some stuff out.  I already have a second box in the garage.

Good to go!

P.s. Mr RacetruckRon, you can feel free to open that box.

AWSX1686 (Forum Supporter)
AWSX1686 (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand UberDork
1/16/24 3:38 p.m.
preach said:

Shot fired to WaynesWorld, PA. I'm not sorry Andrew.

EDIT: ETA Tuesday. Receipt does not give weight sadly.

Box Received!

Starting on top, some goodies from a Make-A-Wish sponsored event. 

Stickers, but of course!

The box within the box: sweet and spicy!

100% maple syrup, can't wait to try! 

Habanero Sofrito and Wasabi Ponzu hot sauces from Atkins Sauce. Both sound kinda deadly, but I shall try them anyway! 

Random crap, including but not limited to, some massive Allen keys, a flashlight, phone mount, misc. hardware, and some random tiles. 

A handmade hat from Mrs. Preach, very soft, and even seems large enough to fit my head! Also, a book that is titled "Horrible Idea", sounds perfect. 

Some matchbox cars, Make-A-Wish sunglasses, keychain, amplifier and a Porsche? throw out bearing.

Also a license plate adapter, and some sort of locking cover. 

And a close up of the cars, I always forget to add them when I send out a box. I'll have to do better next year. 

Thank you very much Mr. Preach!

Shadeux
Shadeux GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
1/16/24 4:32 p.m.

Ooo! laugh I just got my box!

I'll post pics tomorrow. yes

preach
preach GRM+ Memberand UltraDork
1/16/24 4:54 p.m.

In reply to AWSX1686 (Forum Supporter) :

A couple regifts in there, no clue about the bearing.

Lockable gas cap fits a Vanagon. Been quite a few years since we had a Miata so nothing Mazda, the tile is for your bathroom remodel haha.

If you have a stout heart pull the lanyard out of the silver thing.

Mrs. preach fires out hundreds of those hats a year and donates them for the needy. Her mother makes them as well and the people that they are donated to say they cannot get enough of them.

Hinges are for a Jeep CJ/YJ hood.

Horrible Idea is a story about a couple of crazy guys that decided to run the Cannonball both ways in a LeMons Opel GT. Nutty!

matthewmcl
matthewmcl Dork
1/16/24 5:38 p.m.
barefootcyborg5000 said:

In reply to matthewmcl :

Third would be cool. I mean, We have a couple on the borders, AZ and CO, but still. 

I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but I got a box today! Hopefully yours arrives soon, as well.

matthewmcl
matthewmcl Dork
1/16/24 8:23 p.m.

Okay, box from Gumby,

First off, now I have TWO metal NYG boxes I have to send out again. My first one doesn't quite fit, and I keep meaning to fix that.

I looked up Gumby before I made it home, and he lists himself as a Motorsports Chassis Fabricator. I was hoping that meant some good industry things for me to learn from, and the box does not disappoint. It is pretty packed.

Small inverters are always wearing out, so if this one works, it is a useful bonus for charging in-car kid entertainment. Electrical splicers, car stereo bits, splicers, air hose fitting and other goodies.

The BAT shirt is my size, so that is getting worn. I have been looking up Bilstein motorsport bits for designing some things. The catalog will be much easier for my old-school self to peruse. Other performance catalogs, a titanium tubing catalog (that should be fun) and a hefty book about Henry Rollins and Black Flag. Also, some fasteners for fixing my kid's glasses so they don't break again.

Assorted industry swag and loads of stickers!  A bunch of stickers are getting shredded in the sticker shredder known as my son's skate board. I will keep some nice ones from that fate. Oh, and THREE koozies.

Thanks Gumby! I am sure you end up with more catalogs than you know what to do with, but the engineer in me will definitely be geeking out with those.  Thanks for the good times!

nlevine
nlevine GRM+ Memberand Reader
1/16/24 9:42 p.m.

My box is finally on its way, so I can open the one I received from my benefactor(?) in Virginia:

...a few bumps and bruises on the box

let's dig in (starting with the cookies on top):

Nice vintage auto electronics, including this sweet Pioneer MIXTRAX

some old-school wiring and mounting accessories

historic SCCA stuff with modern libations

some Mazda pieces (I'm assuming)

SAE tools

a pack of TrackR tags, screen protectors for old phones, a cool DVD, some sanitizer, a video camera, and some stickers and some Witty Yeti cards.

Some good scores! Thanks!

On Edit: You could warn a guy about the hot peppers in the cookies!! (unless something is seriously spoiled :-)  )...

1/17/24 4:41 a.m.
Mndsm said:
Shadeux said:

We were supposed to send two boxes? laugh

We've now got two people with two boxes. Color me confused. 

There is one person this year who was supposed to get two boxes, it's just that everyone who got two so far weren't that person cheeky

(I thought I'd make mention now so when said person got theirs, there wasn't more confusion)

gumby
gumby GRM+ Memberand Dork
1/17/24 7:33 a.m.
matthewmcl said:

Okay, box from Gumby,

First off, now I have TWO metal NYG boxes I have to send out again. My first one doesn't quite fit, and I keep meaning to fix that.

So, about that.... I noticed while building this box armor that the inside dimensions printed on the box didn't match real measurements, and pressed on regardless. Upon attempting to seal the package for shipment I figured out this particular box appears to be misbuilt with the top flaps creased in an odd location. Hopefully the box survives many re-uses because the armor may not fit any other box!

Anyhow, AC sent me an armored box a couple years ago using file cabinet material and I thought it was a really cool idea. On top of that, as a chassis guy I don't get a ton of opportunity to sharpen my sheetmetal skills. This NYG box armor was built from our aluminum scrap bin and the lid from an actual crashed race car.

The PRI swag is exactly that. The 2011 HRPT stuff is from my first year attending. The rest is a mix of regifted and stuff lying around. The sparkplug triangle originated here in the BDT 

moxnix
moxnix Dork
1/17/24 8:08 a.m.

On Edit: You could warn a guy about the hot peppers in the cookies!! (unless something is seriously spoiled :-)  )...

Sorry meant to include a note but it must have gotten overlooked when packing.   Those are habanero sugar cookies.  

AWSX1686 (Forum Supporter)
AWSX1686 (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand UberDork
1/17/24 8:11 a.m.
preach said:

In reply to AWSX1686 (Forum Supporter) :

the tile is for your bathroom remodel haha.

If you have a stout heart pull the lanyard out of the silver thing.

We kinda wondered if that was the thought behind the tile. :) 

The silver thing got me. I read this, was curious, pulled it and nothing happened, but I saw that it was some sort of connector to trigger something. Tried again closer to my ear, and got the surprise... 

Jerry
Jerry PowerDork
1/17/24 9:22 a.m.

Box arrived yesterday, with anticipated delivery last Friday on the label. Fairly heavy, from somewhere in AL. Off to a good start.

Assorted brakes, filters and spark plugs for unknown vehicles. One part did say BMW so that's a clue.

I think the winners are the food stuffs and the Blinky art, obviously from another package. Simpsons fan might be keeping that bit.

The fur kids seemed interested in the box

matthewmcl
matthewmcl Dork
1/17/24 9:33 a.m.

In reply to gumby :

Wow, a commemorative triangle for the BDT, cool. I will make sure I keep the USPS box. I didn't for the last one. The box dims seem to be rounded up outside dims and never seem spot on.

Thanks again.

1 ... 10 11 12 13 14 ... 19

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
pdC0YmXgtFTtJ74uLqM5oMBP26YLGjRV5IqFnWjbxvCKV4getv1mX4TYDx2SwqA4