1 ... 12 13 14 15 16 17
Rufledt
Rufledt HalfDork
2/16/11 7:06 p.m.

hurah! the more the merrier. We've never had a full lineup. what kind of car are you gonna use? are you gonna paint it a funky color?

NickF40
NickF40 GRM+ Memberand Reader
2/16/11 7:27 p.m.

I have nooo idea, what am I allowed? and depending on that answer, it may have a funky paintjob....

BradLTL
BradLTL GRM+ Memberand Reader
2/16/11 7:28 p.m.

grassroots motorsports type car, less than 350hp, weighs more than 1000kg

Rufledt
Rufledt HalfDork
2/16/11 7:30 p.m.

RX7's seem to be a popular choice

NickF40
2/16/11 7:32 p.m.

and i'm guessing street cars, no touring cars and RM's...well damn I have some cars that may fit the category

NickF40
2/16/11 7:34 p.m.

I was actually gonna use my RX7 but thought twice It's either my Z32 or DC2....

Apexcarver
Apexcarver SuperDork
2/16/11 7:36 p.m.

when is the room gonna be up?

Rufledt
Rufledt HalfDork
2/16/11 7:36 p.m.

dang, I was hoping for more rotary representation. I mean, more than the multiple rx7's already racing. I don't think anybody has used a Z32, though.

NickF40
2/16/11 7:39 p.m.

It seems suiting for what is needed so sweet!

I can use my Cosmos, but will be far behind

Scott Lear
Scott Lear Production Editor
2/16/11 7:42 p.m.

Brad, are you going to put up the room, or should we try an alternate?

Rufledt
Rufledt HalfDork
2/16/11 7:44 p.m.

I think he said he was gonna let you do it

Scott Lear
2/16/11 7:46 p.m.

okay, if Brad doesn't get a chance to pop the room up, mine is at 1472-6118-4259-7711-7595

BradLTL
2/16/11 7:48 p.m.

Use Scott's room... mommy is in bed and i have a sick baby

Scott Lear
2/16/11 7:51 p.m.

sorry to hear it man, hope the kiddo feels better. Room is populating nicely, hope you can join us to watch if nothing else for a bit.

NickF40
2/16/11 8:45 p.m.

Kicked me off the server on lap 13 Ok, so that wasn't the best choice for that one, all stock Z34 with Sports Hard...haha still had fun...sliding...a lot

NickF40
2/16/11 9:40 p.m.

damn that was fun fellas, first time out was a good one!

Rufledt
Rufledt HalfDork
2/16/11 9:50 p.m.

yeah you should get in on the 2nd season!

Fun fun for me for the final race in my FC. It went pretty good, other than a spin off approaching that hairpin. I was trying to change the episode on the computer next to me to something else (note to self: never text while driving, you suck at multitasking). the tires were getting slippery near the end, but not too bad until i started drifting and burned them off. The CM race was a different story, I was totally off my game sliding off the track on countless occasions. I'm really starting to not like driving it, and as a result I didn't do much practice or set up with it. It was even more difficult calming down knowing that the Orange Lambo of Doom was less than 10 seconds back the whole time, and much less for some ! I decided final lap drifting wasn't going to happen on that one lol. I had enough trouble staying on the road. I think my ChimpStang was even less suited to Suzuka then it was to Monaco, as there are surprizingly few straights that are actually straight enough to gun it and use my power. I'm glad next season will be free of such behemouths!

BradLTL
2/16/11 9:51 p.m.

I think the MX5 Cup is going to be very good.

Congrats to aircooled as the un-official winner. I'll compile the numbers in the morning to confirm, but I am pretty sure he had to finish 7th in GRM with Chimp winning to lose, and he had already wrapped up the CM title. That is a high bar to set, won both classes.

Next Wednesday will be the race of champions; was invite only, but that is when i had ambitions of having 3 classes with full fields, so it is open invite now. Everyone is welcome... Nascars @ LeMans.

After the RoC, if you want to hang around, I am going to have an exhibition race for MX5 cars, if you want to give yours a shake down before the start of series 2. Should be a good test track because it is not on the schedule.

Thanks Scott for hosting this week. My household is a bit of wreck tonight.

NickF40
2/16/11 9:59 p.m.
Rufledt wrote: yeah you should get in on the 2nd season! It was even more difficult calming down knowing that the Orange Lambo of Doom was less than 10 seconds back the whole time, and much less for some !

hahaha and all those marks at turn one...was me lol

Yeah i'm definetly down for season 2, that MX5 Cup sounds like a good one. NASCARS at LeMans, a combo I love, I thankfully set mine up for roadcourse already Can't wait for next Wed.

RealMiniDriver
RealMiniDriver Dork
2/16/11 10:03 p.m.

Dog and wife conspired against me in the GRM race, therefore, I dropped out.

Shooed them away for the CM though. I was trying so hard not to get lapped, but that big left at the end of the back straight got me.

Is LeMans with or without chicanes?

BradLTL
2/16/11 10:06 p.m.

How about without? Lets see how fast Nascars go without restricter plates.

NickF40
2/16/11 10:13 p.m.

I got mine, in draft going close to 230 at Daytona

Scott Lear
2/17/11 10:11 a.m.

Glad I could help, thanks all for some fun racing.

Suzuka was a bear on FWD, lots of corner exits begging for throttle. Might have been able to tiptoe without a pit stop, but I was hoping for more spins from aircooled and pitted in that hope. He kept it clean and I made more mistakes trying to force the gap closed in the final laps than I should have. Oh well!

The Stratos continues to be a nightmare. I even fiddled with some really insane suspension tweaks just trying to get the thing to be a bit less tail-happy; no dice. Throttle=spin, and holding the slide with the joystick is a gamble that doesn't always pay off. That's what I get for picking a car for a series without having driven it!

NickF40
2/17/11 10:27 a.m.

Yeah, my Stratos I think I worked out but even still is a bear. Did you modify it at all?

Stock it already was powerful enough but I just learned you have to be throttle careful in that I have noticed the rally Stratos handles and drives so much nicer haha

aircooled
aircooled SuperDork
2/17/11 10:35 a.m.

That was a good one last night. I actually got some practice in (probably why I didn't have as many "incidents" as usual). I was going for a turtle method to save my tires (I discovered I was only about 2 seconds slower a lap running in tire preservation mode).

The starts of both races were pretty crazy, especially the GRM! It was like everyone forgot they have no traction (I think I saw a small French car spin by in front of me). I even saw monkey boy slide into the grass! Maybe I need to stop trying to qualify so high, being the first one into a corner like that may be ill-advised.

The scariest part of that race though was running in front of Apex, you never know what that boy will do. He did a crazy ass pass at turn 5 by cutting across the grass and somehow almost pulled it off (I guess he must have kept a tire on the burm, otherwise he would have been penalized), I did stay ahead of him as he slid off a bit, but looking back at the smashed bumper of that Corvette didn't exactly inspire confidence.

Any kind of loss of concentration in these races is a killer. Looking for Scott coming up behind me (as my tires were going away) did make me mess up a bit, but was too late. You did seem like you were gaining pretty quickly at times though. I also enjoyed your smoke displays off the side of the track in your magic spinning doorstop.

Should be some good pics.

1 ... 12 13 14 15 16 17

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
dukL6skRAxNWF6hQV4HZrx7CIfGPvXFs1dnPUA1hQzVYpSlW9VFW2aUIC6GtuukS