1 2
wlkelley3
wlkelley3 SuperDork
8/2/13 10:31 p.m.

Oh yeah, my mom gave me that chainsaw after my dad passed away 15 years ago and it's done it the whole time I've had it. She said dad used it once to clean up a fallen tree. I do have an old (> 20 years old) electric that hasn't been used in about that long. Last time I looked at it, it was looking sad. Kinda afraid to plug it in to see if it works. Needs a new chain at the very least before use. Figure it's probably cheaper in the long run to get a new one vs. trying to rebuild the old one that might work.

jere
jere HalfDork
8/3/13 3:50 a.m.

In reply to wlkelley3:

I would just throw a chain on the old one and see. If worse comes to worse you have a spare chain for your new saw.

Knurled
Knurled GRM+ Memberand UberDork
8/3/13 8:16 a.m.
eastsidemav wrote: Nothing to add regarding whether it works or not for what you want, but I think fellow GRM'er wae used the HF one to cut up his Christmas tree inside the house one year.

Why do I not doubt that...

foxtrapper
foxtrapper PowerDork
8/3/13 10:12 a.m.
yamaha wrote: wtf, they make electric chainsaws? Perhaps its a city dweller thing.

Definitely an urban thing. Just like electric string trimmers and electric tillers are.

Darn usefull, imo, within their parameters. Especially since they require no storage preparation and run the instant they are plugged in. No drama, no theatrics, no muss, no fuss.

And for older people, they are a godsend.

93gsxturbo
93gsxturbo Dork
8/3/13 4:23 p.m.

As much as I love the roar of a two stroke at full bore, I love my electric chainsaw for light-duty stuff.

1 2

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
HOAfjjeyoG8q2AFZSklZi6KBA9Kt0LUtyGsQxj6ijpkvIL4uQZu5gc3cb66LjOtP