tuna55
tuna55 MegaDork
8/15/24 9:30 a.m.

My new office is all glass, no walls. I have dozens of pictures (no frames) and a few framed things I want to hang up. I tried sticky tack, but it just fell off after a day in the sun.

Whatr's the hot ticket?

914Driver
914Driver MegaDork
8/15/24 9:37 a.m.

Is the glass connected to the ceiling?  If not, get some clear frameless picture frames, and hook them to the top of the glass with one pound clear fishing line; or similar.

Colin Wood
Colin Wood Associate Editor
8/15/24 9:39 a.m.

I've seen a few people on social media (usually industry pros) mention getting adhesives from this website.

Most of the stuff is meant for people working in film production, but maybe there's something there worth a try.

bludroptop
bludroptop UltraDork
8/15/24 10:03 a.m.

Shattered glass window decal....

NermalSnert (Forum Supporter)
NermalSnert (Forum Supporter) HalfDork
8/15/24 10:12 a.m.

Suction cups might work.

And get a....

tuna55
tuna55 MegaDork
8/15/24 10:49 a.m.
914Driver said:

Is the glass connected to the ceiling?  If not, get some clear frameless picture frames, and hook them to the top of the glass with one pound clear fishing line; or similar.

Yes, all "trulite" aluminum and glass.

John Welsh
John Welsh Mod Squad
8/15/24 11:59 a.m.

I'd lean into the fishbowl theme

tuna55
tuna55 MegaDork
8/15/24 12:01 p.m.

No.

I have things I want to stick to the glass.

How do I stick things to the glass (without wrecking them by just taping them up)?

John Welsh
John Welsh Mod Squad
8/15/24 12:12 p.m.

Perhaps the sticky 3M tape  Command products?

If you later "remodel" the tape will come off the glass easily and if not a razor blade is easy on glass 

NOHOME
NOHOME MegaDork
8/15/24 12:23 p.m.

from a Loctite site:

"For most common glass repairs, Loctite Glass Glue is the go-to choice. Loctite Glass Glue is great for use with all clear, colored, stained, and tinted glass types. Loctite’s innovative applicator designs make for simple, intuitive, and clean applications, meaning no messy residue on your glass and no sticky fingers. Loctite Glass Glue bonds quickly without the need for clamping or any additional tools, and it dries with a crystal-clear, colorless seal. It’s also water resistant and dishwasher safe, which makes for worry-free household use. Note however, Loctite Glass Glue is not food safe. Its unique butyl formula is designed for durable bonding of glass to glass, or glass to non-porous materials like metals and some plastics."

Another possibility is to first apply a tint film to the window where you want to hang the picture. Then declare war on the plastic film with whatever adhesive you like.  I don't mean to tint the whole window, just the area behind what you plan to hang. The film will stick as designed and the larger surface area will provide the strength needed to hold something like a picture frame.

I wonder if you can get a company that does car wraps to copy and print a piece of wrap with the family pic or whatever  you are looking to attach.

I am assuming that whatever you do has to be reversible someday?

prodarwin
prodarwin MegaDork
8/15/24 12:25 p.m.

Put painters tape where you want a hook/hanger then bond to that.  Hot glue works really well for this trick, however since you mentioned sun/heat you might want to verify that first.

edit:  same concept as the tint adhesive above 

NermalSnert (Forum Supporter)
NermalSnert (Forum Supporter) HalfDork
8/15/24 3:32 p.m.
bbbbRASS
bbbbRASS Reader
8/15/24 5:52 p.m.

Alien Tape

tuna55
tuna55 MegaDork
8/15/24 6:30 p.m.
bbbbRASS said:

Alien Tape

Perfect! Thank you so much

Curtis73 (Forum Supporter)
Curtis73 (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
8/16/24 9:55 a.m.

Maybe some of this with some small clear plastic hooks?  Command makes the hooks.   You could glue them on.  They come off with a little help from a razor blade.

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
N91ht0l8iYPsJ2G8K3dUYrBVNI1pnXe13ko9bk1FQM2t8sfVakUUfBImZ3KIM5M6