1 2 3
Curmudgeon
Curmudgeon MegaDork
9/8/13 4:34 p.m.
Travis_K wrote: How about orange with a silver stripe, the same pattern as it is now. Jensen healeys look best in orange imo.

I'm liking this idea, maybe orange with a pair of silver racing stripes down the center. Hmmm.

Pink is the first thing the daughter unit said, I of course said no and got back some wisecrack about how pink must mess with my manhood. The acorn don't fall far from the tree...

Keep the ideas coming! Except you, Toyman. Go back to rubbing on your steam engine.

EastCoastMojo
EastCoastMojo GRM+ Memberand Mod Squad
9/8/13 8:25 p.m.

I like a blue and tan combo, but I tend toward an understated style.

poopshovel
poopshovel MegaDork
9/8/13 8:30 p.m.

Petty blue. Duh! If you go orange, please don't do a silver stripe.

mndsm
mndsm PowerDork
9/8/13 8:34 p.m.

I saw the thread, read NONE of the other suggestions or even what it was about, and thought "purple" Knowing it's a Jensen with a rotard, I feel like...still purple. Maybe plum crazy?

As a bonus, do some of the renown dash striping, and throw in a silver stripe... so do renown but purple and silver.

Appleseed
Appleseed UltimaDork
9/8/13 8:54 p.m.

Golden age race planes are the ones I'd crib.

nicksta43
nicksta43 SuperDork
9/8/13 9:01 p.m.
mndsm wrote: I saw the thread, read NONE of the other suggestions or even what it was about, and thought "purple" Knowing it's a Jensen with a rotard, I feel like...still purple. Maybe plum crazy? As a bonus, do some of the renown dash striping, and throw in a silver stripe... so do renown but purple and silver.

I'm with this...except add a touch of pink to make it PINKLE!!!

yamaha
yamaha PowerDork
9/9/13 9:49 a.m.

Here you go, inspiration from forza.

aircooled
aircooled PowerDork
9/9/13 10:16 a.m.

Race plane theme eh?

I was always a fan of the Bardahl racer (it would certainly stand out):

Type Q
Type Q Dork
9/9/13 11:36 a.m.

Since it is an English car with Japanese drive-train, how about a British Racing Green body and a white hood with red circle in the middle of it. The hood would basically be a Japanese flag.

I wish I had Photoshop skills to mock that up.

Keith Tanner
Keith Tanner GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
9/9/13 11:44 a.m.

FYI, Lotus Chrome Orange is REALLY EXPENSIVE triple stage paint. I believe the lime green is as well. Might want to focus in on a different paint code.

If you want easy to fix, consider a wrap. The blue car in the background has about $300 worth of DIY wrap on it.

yamaha
yamaha PowerDork
9/9/13 11:49 a.m.
Type Q wrote: Since it is an English car with Japanese drive-train, how about a British Racing Green body and a white hood with red circle in the middle of it. The hood would basically be a Japanese flag. I wish I had Photoshop skills to mock that up.

I'd do it on forza, but I am at work right now

Duke
Duke PowerDork
9/9/13 11:50 a.m.

Background, or foreground? because the one closer to the camera looks more like a wrap job to me.

Keith Tanner
9/9/13 11:56 a.m.

Background. The one in the foreground is 1990 Mariner Blue. Mazda never offered early Miatas in a matte finish Although I'm curious as to why freshly waxed factory paint looks like a wrap.

Wraps don't solve the "what color" decision, but they do give you access to different finishes such as metallics and mattes without extra effort.

Toyman01
Toyman01 GRM+ Memberand PowerDork
9/9/13 11:57 a.m.
Curmudgeon wrote: Keep the ideas coming! Except you, Toyman. Go back to rubbing on your steam engine.

Adrian_Thompson
Adrian_Thompson UberDork
9/9/13 12:32 p.m.

I'd avoid red, silver etc those colors get lost in B&W phot's if you want to get in print. I'd go for a white base with well though out but not too fussy graphics. Look at how amazing Paul's rallycross 911 looks with a basic Rothmans copy, or Keiths Miata with the Martini. Don't whatever you do go for Gulf blue/Orange, it's nearly as played out as flatt black.

GameboyRMH
GameboyRMH GRM+ Memberand UltimaDork
9/9/13 1:29 p.m.

Orange or purple would look good, and you don't see purple too much. Metallic violet & black is a good combination - the colors of a certain Taiwanese aftermarket parts company but nobody has to know that

Jerry
Jerry Dork
9/9/13 2:30 p.m.

Two full pages and no mention of PlastiDip? Repair/don't like? Peel and redo.

stroker
stroker Dork
9/10/13 12:21 p.m.

what about turquoise?

Curmudgeon
Curmudgeon MegaDork
9/10/13 4:58 p.m.

Gulf colors are out, definitely overdone. Purple... Kawasaki used to do lime green and purple. Ya never know...

Had an MGB in turquoise, it looked great. This car is more angular, gotta think on that.

Right now tangerine or orange with a silver roll cage is sorta leading the pack.

White with graphics... I'm not even faintly able to Photo Shop. Anybody got any ideas? I like Martini but not really sure how it would play out on this car.

I had a three colored RX7 (white, yellow, red) that looked good. Maybe...

Keith Tanner
9/10/13 5:09 p.m.

Martini is NOT the easy option. Not unless you go for Baby Martini, which is basically just a stripe up the middle of the car.

John Brown
John Brown GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
9/10/13 5:55 p.m.

Oh come on Keith, enough martinis and he could make that line just as crooked as you did ;)

Keith Tanner
9/10/13 6:05 p.m.

ONE crooked line, that's easy...

stroker
stroker Dork
9/10/13 7:04 p.m.

If you're doing with some version of orange then McLorange (aka "Papaya Yellow") gets my vote. Failing that what about gunmetal grey?

JtspellS
JtspellS Dork
9/10/13 7:22 p.m.

Count it done!!!!!!

Fueled by Caffeine
Fueled by Caffeine MegaDork
9/10/13 7:24 p.m.

Beige

Call it the "average"

1 2 3

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners