1 2 3 4
stuart in mn
stuart in mn PowerDork
9/1/15 12:45 p.m.

I just read an editorial in the Minneapolis newspaper written by the woman's father, he didn't appear to think it was a hoax.

Wally
Wally GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
9/1/15 3:35 p.m.

Everything that has ever been reported was a false flag to ram some legislation down our throats. Amazing that the same group of people that can't be counted on to fill potholes in a timely manner can pull off all these hoaxes without getting caught. Just once if like to see one of these videos and see JFK on the lunar rover tooling around the background of the sound stage.

yamaha
yamaha MegaDork
9/1/15 3:36 p.m.

In reply to KyAllroad:

Bingo.....

SVreX
SVreX MegaDork
9/1/15 4:21 p.m.

Wasn't JFK a Mutant?

XMen told me so.

4cylndrfury
4cylndrfury MegaDork
9/2/15 4:39 p.m.
mattm wrote:
4cylndrfury wrote: Super disappointed to see the prez take his shot at politicizing the situation like he has.....
Thanks for starting that flounder This is why these useless debates get started. Remember "It's my party..."? How about you keep the controversial opinion to yourself and the rest of us will to.

wait...wut?

Easy there friend. I think you may heave a few things cornfused. Regardless of donkey or elephant, that was a richard move on teh prez's part. All he had to say was "this was sad", and I woulda been all "cool, he's sad too".

But no, he went all soapbox and dropped his bit about gun control into the quote...just too juicy to not get his little comment in there. Shame, it was a d-bag move, left or right side of the aisle. Stay classy my friend

KyAllroad
KyAllroad SuperDork
9/2/15 10:47 p.m.
Datsun1500 wrote:

Talking with an ex-cop friend of mine about this today. We see two possibilities moving forward if this keeps up.

1. We get to know Mr. Tough-Guy cop. Nationwide they go all out paramilitary on the civilian populace.

2. The cops say "berkeley it" and retreat to their stations and let the rest of us deal with anarchy on the streets. Got a problem? Don't bother called, they're done.

Both options seem pretty E36 M3ty to me, I honestly don't see who wins by declaring war on the police. Let's all hope it's not a coordinated effort and just a statistical anomaly that will fade out quickly.

HiTempguy
HiTempguy PowerDork
9/3/15 10:55 a.m.

I could not even fathom being an officer in the USofA. Just with violent crime and murder stats compared to Canada, I'd be all "nooooooooooooope!"

Police officers are becoming pariahs and scapegoats, just like teachers.

yamaha
yamaha MegaDork
9/3/15 12:27 p.m.
Datsun1500 wrote: It's already affected the number of applicants for police jobs. They're way down across the U.S.

I wonder how much of that is due to the possibility of following what you were trained to do one time could lead to loss of job, career, privacy, and be forced to live in hiding because one degenerate shiny happy person's family managed to get national "woe is me" airtime....

I stopped short of finishing my LEO education due to seeing the direction it was heading in advance....didn't hurt I found something different that I excel at either. ;-)

Curmudgeon
Curmudgeon MegaDork
9/3/15 5:39 p.m.

Yeah, I have heard through the grapevine that early retirements are up and the number of applicants is down. Between the two, we are going to have a severe manpower crunch and the consequences will be really bad.

I've seen the same thing coming in the car repair biz; between the bad press, the growing complexity, the squeezing of warranty repair times etc I've seen a lot of guys advise their kids to do anything for a living except work on cars. When the current crop starts retiring in 10-15 years there won't be any in the pipeline.

The coming police shortage could mean very long response times as a bare minimum effect.

By the way, have you seen this? WARNING: filthy language. NSFW or kids. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5VJYcla9Sr8 This guy is affiliated with FYF911, berkeley Your Flag 911, and they say they have something big planned for this year's 9/11 anniversary.

Wally
Wally GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
9/3/15 5:49 p.m.

I have a number of relatives in police work and they are counting the minutes until they can get out and have told their kids not to think about it. It has been getting bad for a while but now it is really awful.

1 2 3 4

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
jSzycFMxjcb566BhVLIeVEy5SaLKthP8bw4hpBdjAkqP5Sus8s8ZxfMn4feGmGem