1 2 3
lownslow
lownslow GRM+ Memberand Reader
7/26/24 12:03 a.m.

I am truly sorry for your loss.  Please remember to take care of yourself during this trying time. It will get better. You will still have the good memories. 

JesseWolfe
JesseWolfe Reader
7/26/24 8:09 a.m.

I want to thank everyone for the sympathy and well wishes.  This beyond hard, I feel so lost and hurt.   Reading what everyone has written here or what Kendra's friends have written on her Facebook page brings on uncontrollable tears.  She was the best I could have ever wished for and I miss her so much.  Kendra deserved better then this, her family needs her.  Our daughter Aspen needs her mom.

cdowd (Forum Supporter)
cdowd (Forum Supporter) Dork
7/26/24 3:38 p.m.

Wow!  I am so sorry for your loss.  

TRoglodyte
TRoglodyte UltraDork
7/26/24 4:23 p.m.

In reply to JesseWolfe :

Hang in there, we're  pulling for you and Aspen. This is a big hole,its gonna take a lot of shoveling to fill it.  My wish for you is peace. I am struggling for words of encouragement but they all fall way short.

dean1484
dean1484 GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
7/26/24 5:02 p.m.

Just No words. . . .  I do know that there are some members here that have suffered similar losses and I can only hope that they will maybe be able to pass on to you something that may help.

I am so sorry for your loss.  We are all here for you if you feel like sharing/venting.    

Wally (Forum Supporter)
Wally (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
7/26/24 8:26 p.m.
triumph7 said:

A number of us here have lost spouses.  It sucks.  All I can say is, that with time, it will get better.  When all is said and done your life may even be better than before (hard to believe right now).  Just take care of yourself doing positive things like going to the gym, hiking, whatever you enjoy.  Avoid bad things, getting drunk or high won't make life better or change anything.

This was put a lot better than I could have, but is some of the best advice I got.  Also, you're going to have some good days, and some really bad days.  On the bad days don't be afraid to tell people you need some space.  It was a difficult thing to get used to as someone who generally put everyone else first.  The only person you owe any of your time and effort to while you sort through this is you daughter. 

03Panther
03Panther PowerDork
7/26/24 11:40 p.m.

As has been said, no words can express the hurt. 
So very glad you picked here to vent a bit... the folks here really do care. 
I still have friends and family in VA (although we're flatlanders!) but if ya need anything...

The folks that put their numbers out really do mean it. Reach out to them, or anyone here, anytime. 

Curtis73 (Forum Supporter)
Curtis73 (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
7/29/24 6:42 p.m.

Did Kendra enjoy a specific drink?  Rum?  Pepsi?  Beer?  Milk?

I would love to send a toast in her (and your) direction with her favorite drink.  I never know what others believe, but I think if she's somewhere where she can see us, I would love to thank her for being a wonderful wife to a fellow GRMer, and to a fellow GRMer for loving her through it all.

The world needs people sharing love, and I'm looking to share mine in your vicinity.

z31maniac
z31maniac MegaDork
7/29/24 8:01 p.m.

There are no words. My most sincere condolences. 

classicJackets (FS)
classicJackets (FS) SuperDork
7/29/24 10:01 p.m.

So sorry for your loss

JesseWolfe
JesseWolfe Reader
7/29/24 11:52 p.m.

In reply to Curtis73 (Forum Supporter) :

Kendra appreciated a good Knob Creek and coke, smoked if she could get it that way.

JesseWolfe
JesseWolfe Reader
7/29/24 11:53 p.m.

For anyone wanting to know, my brother typed up and published an obituary.

https://www.legacy.com/us/obituaries/starexponent/name/kendra-barrett-obituary?id=55711855

dxman92
dxman92 SuperDork
7/30/24 12:03 a.m.

Very sorry for your loss.

1SlowVW
1SlowVW Dork
7/30/24 6:33 a.m.

I have attempted to write something several times. As with many topics here others have said what's important. Look after yourself and your daughter , don't be afraid to ask for help.  
It's ok to not be ok when something like this has happened. 

glueguy (Forum Supporter)
glueguy (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
8/11/24 2:40 p.m.

Saw this and thought I would bring it back up to the top.  Hope you are surviving and doing well, whatever that means at this point.  We're still out here thinking about you and pulling for you.

dean1484
dean1484 GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
8/11/24 4:41 p.m.
glueguy (Forum Supporter) said:

Saw this and thought I would bring it back up to the top.  Hope you are surviving and doing well, whatever that means at this point.  We're still out here thinking about you and pulling for you.

Second this!!   Just checking in on you. 

secretariata (Forum Supporter)
secretariata (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand UltraDork
8/11/24 8:53 p.m.

Any specific charity that we can make donations in Kendra's name? I saw the "plant a tree" link in the obituary, but I think that is an obituary default?

I didn't realize you're in VA. I'm in Lynchburg now. I don't have all the answers, but have been down a similar road.  If you want to talk or sit down in person you can call or text me at eight zero 3 six zero 8 zero 2 niner 7.

Steve

Aaron_King
Aaron_King GRM+ Memberand UltimaDork
8/12/24 10:35 a.m.

I missed this the first time around, I am not good in these situations but you have my deepest condolences.

JesseWolfe
JesseWolfe Reader
8/12/24 11:35 a.m.
glueguy (Forum Supporter) said:

I'm not doing good, but I am doing.  This is every bad dream come true.  This was my whole life, everything I lived for, the reason I got up every day to do my best.  It's lost and all gone now, ripped away from my daughter and I.  It sounds maudlin, but every bit of that is the absolute truth.  I had few to no friends, I lived vicariously through Kendra, she was all I needed.  I'll find  a way through this, for me and our daughter, I just can't see which way to go.

JesseWolfe
JesseWolfe Reader
8/12/24 11:46 a.m.
secretariata (Forum Supporter) said:

Any specific charity that we can make donations in Kendra's name? I saw the "plant a tree" link in the obituary, but I think that is an obituary default?

I didn't realize you're in VA. I'm in Lynchburg now. I don't have all the answers, but have been down a similar road.  If you want to talk or sit down in person you can call or text me at eight zero 3 six zero 8 zero 2 niner 7.

Steve

Anything breast cancer research or treatment, volunteer at your local radiology treatment center.  There isn't likely to be an official donation processes or fund for in memorium, unless my siblings set it up.

Not that I expect anyone here to attend, the celebration of life is this Saturday, August 17th in Culpeper VA.  The Facebook event page is linked below for any that do want to attend, because all are welcome.  There is also a link to the Google Drive photo album being used as the slideshow.  Please feel free to peruse it and through pictures learn how beautiful, happy and loved a person Kendra is.  Help her memory live on.

https://www.facebook.com/share/KtufmkQLXiSAvxW7/?mibextid=9VsGKo

Google Drive Slide show, Kendra Barrett

triumph7
triumph7 Dork
8/12/24 3:24 p.m.
JesseWolfe said:I had few to no friends, I lived vicariously through Kendra, she was all I needed.

We might be virtual out here but we are all friends through our common interests in cars, racing and whatever.  Take your daughter to some car shows (or whatever excites you) and she will see your enthusiasm plus you'll be spending time with HER.

1 2 3

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
LfqBBhG7MQjoO2Ag09PE4frMLMZoT61spmd9caSzTsZBPX7lYSuo9tREgIaQpDjS