Colin Wood
Colin Wood Associate Editor
10/2/24 12:16 p.m.

Yep, a whole dang submarine. Operating depth is listed at only 66 feet, but it does come with a trailer.

From the listing:

Runs and operates as it should with Orca II Transponder for below water communication with surface VHR
Auto hover and adequate lighting with ten thrusters and forward and aft ballast tanks
Enough room for five passengers and one pilot for a total capacity of six passengers
Dual deep finders
Digital parascope and charger with twenty foot conex available for shipping and stainless steel launch rollers
Winch dump trailer for lauching available
Comes with shipping container
Built new 2003 commercial IVC Corp Toursub V Submarine
Operating deep is 66 feet w/ 6 person capacity for 8hrs submerged operating time
Submarine has 10 thrusters with great handling capablity
36 volt charger

comes with a 2022 NTWH trailer 7HYGD1422NH001870

1988RedT2
1988RedT2 MegaDork
10/2/24 12:48 p.m.

That thing is a couple wraps of carbon fiber away from an excursion down to the Titanic.  What could possibly go wrong?

RX Reven'
RX Reven' GRM+ Memberand UberDork
10/2/24 12:55 p.m.

I need something that'll take me down 67'.

03Panther
03Panther PowerDork
10/2/24 1:04 p.m.

In reply to Colin Wood :

I (almost) always love the stuff you post. I'm glad you no longer post them in "cars for sale", since I'll never afford any of them!

You deserve you very own "you need this" part of the forum!

This, I love more than any of them! I've never worked on one that small. That would be SO COOL laugh

03Panther
03Panther PowerDork
10/2/24 1:06 p.m.

In reply to RX Reven' :

Oh, it'll take you down to 67', no problem a'tall. I would wager A LOT deeper surprise

Colin Wood
Colin Wood Associate Editor
10/2/24 1:33 p.m.

In reply to 03Panther :

Thank you, I'm glad you appreciate them. It's just as much fun finding the car and writing them up.

Finding the true oddballs is definitely a team effort–stay tuned for many more from the team. wink

J.A. Ackley
J.A. Ackley Senior Editor
10/2/24 2:47 p.m.

Only 66 feet? Darn. So much for that Titanic expedition.

Recon1342
Recon1342 UltraDork
10/2/24 3:18 p.m.
1988RedT2 said:

That thing is a couple wraps of carbon fiber away from an excursion down to the Titanic.  What could possibly go wrong?

I am sooooo glad I am not alone here... LoL

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
mNhmTSqEV3L7AJC9xF9isdScNkOH85JS2qUWMxOhI652WeiIWVyGVxBUBtru3vzR