1 2 3 ... 10
novaderrik
novaderrik PowerDork
12/19/13 12:47 a.m.

Duck Dynasty Guy said something that people are offended about... the talking head shows on the news networks now have something to yell at each other over for the next couple of weeks that isn't about something that their chosen political people did or didn't say or do.

JoeyM
JoeyM Mod Squad
12/19/13 12:54 a.m.

I'm offended that this group of people has a show on TV when Andrew Nelson does not.

Trans_Maro
Trans_Maro UltraDork
12/19/13 12:54 a.m.

I'm outraged and shocked that someone has beliefs that are different from mine!

There should be a law against anyone who thinks differently than anyone else. I'm all for free speech as long as it isn't upsetting.

I did read the article from Huffington Post outlining exactly what he said. It's offensive but it's his opinion and that's all.

bgkast
bgkast GRM+ Memberand Dork
12/19/13 12:57 a.m.

I'm outraged that duck dynasty is a thing

gamby
gamby UltimaDork
12/19/13 1:10 a.m.
Trans_Maro wrote: I did read the article from Huffington Post outlining exactly what he said. It's offensive but it's his opinion and that's all.

...and that's fantastic, but no network in their right mind would support his sentiment. If he said it about blacks or Jews he'd be just as gone.

Am I stunned that a dude from the backwoods swamp is homophobic? No.

Trans_Maro
Trans_Maro UltraDork
12/19/13 1:26 a.m.

Yup, I don't bother getting upset over what ignorant people choose to think, you can't change their minds.

Fortunately, for all the offended LGBT (and whatever other letters have been added this week) folks out there, they will probably never have to meet or deal with Phil Robertson so why worry about what an ignorant redneck thinks.

novaderrik
novaderrik PowerDork
12/19/13 2:08 a.m.

i can't help but wonder how much editing GQ did to what he said in order to maximize the amount of free publicity this would get for them?

yamaha
yamaha PowerDork
12/19/13 2:38 a.m.

What's a duck dynasty?

novaderrik
novaderrik PowerDork
12/19/13 3:44 a.m.
yamaha wrote: What's a duck dynasty?

a soap opera for large birds that quack.

logdog
logdog GRM+ Memberand Dork
12/19/13 4:40 a.m.
novaderrik wrote:
yamaha wrote: What's a duck dynasty?
a soap opera for large birds that quack.

I thought it was a special edition Dodge sedan.

kanaric
kanaric HalfDork
12/19/13 5:32 a.m.

i thought it was funny that they said this guy used a "vulgar" comment when the show by definition is vulgar.

It's funny what you can get in trouble for today.

I'm outraged and shocked that someone has beliefs that are different from mine!

It's not that. It's that the societal norm has reached where making fun of gay people for being gay is like making fun of black people for being black. Or bigotry = racism now. Belief is besides the point, i mean would you not be outraged that someone believes jews should all be killed?

I don't agree with it but that's how it's viewed by the majority now. By majority i mean majority of people under 30. If I were to call someone a faggot, typically i would use the South Park definition, now around anyone where i work or live I would probably be yelled at like i said the n-word and that is no exaggeration as that is literally what would happen. Older people that i've been around don't seem to care about that kind of thing.

Personally I think anyone should be able to say what they want and let people make the choices whether to watch you, hang out with you, employ you, etc. I guess "people" in this case could be the network though. Countries that have anti-hate speechs laws is what I have a problem with because I think it makes it easier for racists to get into politics because they can seem less overtly racist simply because they don't want to break the law and the extreme racists will be willing to vote for them because they know he will be imprisoned if he says anything rather than "selling out" or not being extreme enough or whatever. In france there are mutliple municipalities that have racists/fascists in power (literal fascists, not how Americans use the word)

They just need to stop making these dumb reality shows following people around that are not actors.

phaze1todd
phaze1todd HalfDork
12/19/13 6:20 a.m.

I'm outraged that people don't know that in the Bill of Rights that I have a right to not be offended!!!

wait. . . there's not?

nevermind. . .

(IBP - In before the patio)

GameboyRMH
GameboyRMH GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
12/19/13 6:53 a.m.
bgkast wrote: I'm outraged that duck dynasty is a thing

+1.

racerdave600
racerdave600 Dork
12/19/13 7:03 a.m.

And it's all fake outrage anyway. Seriously, they just don't others to know they aren't so everyone plays along. I couldn't care less what he or anyone says, they have no power over me and they are going to believe what the want, and I have a choice not to listen.

I do have a problem if the govt. Starts dictating what is and isn't hate speech.

Giant Purple Snorklewacker
Giant Purple Snorklewacker MegaDork
12/19/13 7:08 a.m.

I had to Duck Duck Go search that just to see who they were.

OK, so... paraphrasing... he said he is a religious guy who doesn't judge gays, drunks or terrorists because that is his god's job. He just loves everybody.

I'll bet drunks and terrorists aren't the ones who are all up in arms over this.

Fueled by Caffeine
Fueled by Caffeine MegaDork
12/19/13 7:14 a.m.

Bitcoin lost value?

Curmudgeon
Curmudgeon MegaDork
12/19/13 7:20 a.m.

I have never watched an episode, don't plan to and honestly don't give a crap what some manufactured celebrity has to say.

novaderrik
novaderrik PowerDork
12/19/13 7:22 a.m.
Curmudgeon wrote: I have never watched an episode, don't plan to and honestly don't give a crap what some manufactured celebrity has to say.

but he has a beard and talks funny.. you're supposed to care what he says.

12/19/13 7:22 a.m.
Fueled by Caffeine wrote: Bitcoin lost value?

The FBI is now the largest bitcoin wallet in the world courtesy of Dread Pirate Roberts. It will bounce back as soon as they start spending it with the cartels.

GameboyRMH
GameboyRMH GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
12/19/13 7:34 a.m.
racerdave600 wrote: And it's all fake outrage anyway. Seriously, they just don't others to know they aren't so everyone plays along.

You accidentally the whole thing.

spitfirebill
spitfirebill UberDork
12/19/13 7:50 a.m.

Where's the outrage about Oprah Winfrey's comments about old white men? I guess the 1st amendment only flows one way.

I really don't know why this guy was doing an interview with GQ anyway.

tuna55
tuna55 PowerDork
12/19/13 7:53 a.m.

The Dixie Chicks should never question the President like that!!

Wait, am I too late? I think I missed something important. I'm wearing pants, and I think undies, so I have that much right.

12/19/13 7:53 a.m.
tuna55 wrote: I'm wearing pants, and I think undies, so I have that much right.

You are way ahead of me today.

tuna55
tuna55 PowerDork
12/19/13 8:00 a.m.
Giant Purple Snorklewacker wrote:

Dude, put your pants on!

Fueled by Caffeine
Fueled by Caffeine MegaDork
12/19/13 8:04 a.m.
tuna55 wrote:
Giant Purple Snorklewacker wrote:
Dude, put your pants on!

Pants chafe.

1 2 3 ... 10

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
r4KgQUl8kocU4d9qSEiGUa2b2UwyDc5aSEQoQu81MMNlJPnwLJUSVoZ6MMsJVNCE