1 ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... 10
SVreX
SVreX MegaDork
12/19/13 11:18 p.m.
z31maniac wrote:
whenry wrote: you have to respect the end of the show prayer and the complete lack of profanity in the program.
Why?

Because it was missing due to their integrity.

Early in the life of the program, A&E added fake "bleeps" to make it look like they had used profanity when there was none.

Robertson asked why they would do that, and got no good answer.

He told them, "No bleeps, or no show".

They stopped adding fake bleeps.

A&E knew EXACTLY what was going on. They marketed DD for sport, then threw them under the bus when they thought it would be beneficial to them.

It doesn't matter whether I like the show or not. Looks to me like one side stands on what they believe in, and the other uses them and manipulates things to try to impress people.

If you are impressed with the "stand" that A&E has taken, enjoy the Koolaid. You've been suckered.

Hasbro
Hasbro Dork
12/19/13 11:20 p.m.

I'm throwing a faggot or two in the fireplace. Any outrage will not dissuade me.

Duck Dynasty has over 2,000 endorsed products on the market. Two Thousand.

SVreX
SVreX MegaDork
12/19/13 11:39 p.m.

What's an endorsed product?

Trans_Maro
Trans_Maro UltraDork
12/20/13 12:50 a.m.

In reply to Hasbro:

And?

If I could put my name on something, make people buy it and get money, I'd do it too.

I love how people say someone "sold out". If I I can make an ass out of myself and get PAID for it, I'd be on that like white on rice.

Usually I just do it for free.

Hasbro
Hasbro Dork
12/20/13 12:55 a.m.
SVreX wrote: What's an endorsed product?

Duck Dynasty licensed merchandise is better.

It will be interesting to see the reactions from the likes of Walmart. They have Dynasty merchandise in 12 of their departments. Not as easy as discontinuing Paula Deen's products.

Never watched the show, never will.

Wally
Wally GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
12/20/13 5:34 a.m.

I find it hypocritical that a group that for years has spoken about how society needs to be accepting of people they don't agree with can't tolerate someone they disagree with.

novaderrik
novaderrik PowerDork
12/20/13 6:37 a.m.
Trans_Maro wrote: In reply to Hasbro: And? If I could put my name on something, make people buy it and get money, I'd do it too. I love how people say someone "sold out". If I I can make an ass out of myself and get PAID for it, I'd be on that like white on rice. Usually I just do it for free.

why white rice? wild rice not good enough for you?

moparman76_69
moparman76_69 Dork
12/20/13 6:48 a.m.

I couldn't love GRM the magazine or the website more, and believe me, I don't like to be the P.C police or anything or the guy who has a problem with everything thing, but I do have a problem with this... I find it a bit offensive that you use terms like “redneck" and "backwoods" for your little descriptions or whatever in the discussions. I myself do not wear camo 95% of the time, but I feel sensitivity for people who do, as I am a student living among them, and my Girlfriend is pursuing her masters in the field.

These terms although I'm pretty sure are not even real words, are obviously meant to resemble the words used to describe people who drink Budweiser and mainly live in the south, and it appears that they are used on these boards in a joking sense which, as I view it, makes light of people who shop at walmart and have no dental care.

z31maniac
z31maniac UltimaDork
12/20/13 6:51 a.m.
SVreX wrote:
z31maniac wrote:
whenry wrote: you have to respect the end of the show prayer and the complete lack of profanity in the program.
Why?
Because it was missing due to their integrity. Early in the life of the program, A&E added fake "bleeps" to make it look like they had used profanity when there was none. Robertson asked why they would do that, and got no good answer. He told them, "No bleeps, or no show". They stopped adding fake bleeps. A&E knew EXACTLY what was going on. They marketed DD for sport, then threw them under the bus when they thought it would be beneficial to them. It doesn't matter whether I like the show or not. Looks to me like one side stands on what they believe in, and the other uses them and manipulates things to try to impress people. If you are impressed with the "stand" that A&E has taken, enjoy the Koolaid. You've been suckered.

Look at that last sentence, jumping right in on the judging eh? Impressed with A&E? No. Are they well within their rights to fire anyone for any reason they feel? Sure.......wait, doesn't everyone feel employers should be able to do that, or are we switching stances again because of a belief system?

As for Integrity? It's faux reality show, give me a break.

And my point about asking "Why?" was that some aren't religious and don't care if people use profanity, so no, I don't have to respect that aspect of the show, the people, their lifestyle, etc. In reality, I couldn't careless about the show or their opinions, unfortunately it's seems to be about the only thing people can talk about where I live.

I will now proceed to stuff myself on sweet potato during our dept. lunch today, have a good one folks!

novaderrik
novaderrik PowerDork
12/20/13 7:07 a.m.
moparman76_69 wrote: I couldn't love GRM the magazine or the website more, and believe me, I don't like to be the P.C police or anything or the guy who has a problem with everything thing, but I do have a problem with this... I find it a bit offensive that you use terms like “redneck" and "backwoods" for your little descriptions or whatever in the discussions. I myself do not wear camo 95% of the time, but I feel sensitivity for people who do, as I am a student living among them, and my Girlfriend is pursuing her masters in the field. These terms although I'm pretty sure are not even real words, are obviously meant to resemble the words used to describe people who drink Budweiser and mainly live in the south, and it appears that they are used on these boards in a joking sense which, as I view it, makes light of people who shop at walmart and have no dental care.

your girlfriend is pursuing a masters in "redneck"?

some of us were born that way, and i find it offensive that people pay money to get degrees to be what we were born into..

and as someone that shops at Walmart on a regular basis, i can say with confidence that most people that do shop there deserve to be mocked and ridiculed... myself probably included..

JoeyM
JoeyM Mod Squad
12/20/13 7:33 a.m.
novaderrik wrote:
moparman76_69 wrote: I couldn't love GRM the magazine or the website more, and believe me, I don't like to be the P.C police or anything or the guy who has a problem with everything thing, but I do have a problem with this... I find it a bit offensive that you use terms like “redneck" and "backwoods" for your little descriptions or whatever in the discussions. I myself do not wear camo 95% of the time, but I feel sensitivity for people who do, as I am a student living among them, and my Girlfriend is pursuing her masters in the field. These terms although I'm pretty sure are not even real words, are obviously meant to resemble the words used to describe people who drink Budweiser and mainly live in the south, and it appears that they are used on these boards in a joking sense which, as I view it, makes light of people who shop at walmart and have no dental care.
your girlfriend is pursuing a masters in "redneck"? some of us were born that way, and i find it offensive that people pay money to get degrees to be what we were born into.. and as someone that shops at Walmart on a regular basis, i can say with confidence that most people that do shop there deserve to be mocked and ridiculed... myself probably included..

I'm not sure if novaderrik missed the joke, or if he's responding with one that is not nearly as funny

Anti-stance
Anti-stance UltraDork
12/20/13 7:38 a.m.
Curmudgeon wrote: I have never watched an episode, don't plan to and honestly don't give a crap what some manufactured celebrity has to say.

+1

novaderrik
novaderrik PowerDork
12/20/13 7:46 a.m.
JoeyM wrote:
novaderrik wrote:
your girlfriend is pursuing a masters in "redneck"? some of us were born that way, and i find it offensive that people pay money to get degrees to be what we were born into.. and as someone that shops at Walmart on a regular basis, i can say with confidence that most people that do shop there deserve to be mocked and ridiculed... myself probably included..
I'm not sure if novaderrik missed the joke, or if he's responding with one that is not nearly as funny

there was no joke. this is the internet, where everything is serious.

PHeller
PHeller UberDork
12/20/13 7:51 a.m.

I'm usually as PC as they come but I don't understand how your dumb tirade in an interview not related to the show can get you canned from the show.

Kim Karadashian has made some videos that I enjoyed watching a bunch of times, but that doesn't keep her from getting plenty of air time.

N Sperlo
N Sperlo MegaDork
12/20/13 7:59 a.m.

Just because you have a masters degree doesn't mean you've had your hosier badge taken away.

These guys know how to stir the pot and they will make money off this.

SVreX
SVreX MegaDork
12/20/13 8:16 a.m.

In reply to z31maniac:

I didn't judge you. All I did was answer your question.

Since you have stated that you are not impressed with A&E, I guess my statement wasn't directed at you, since I was pretty clear that I was addressing anyone who IS impressed with A&E.

You judged yourself, then called me judgmental. Interesting.

SVreX
SVreX MegaDork
12/20/13 8:23 a.m.
z31maniac wrote: As for Integrity? It's faux reality show, give me a break.

Correct.

But it was a REAL business decision for them to tell A&E to cut with the phony "bleeping" or they'd pull the show.

It was important to them, and they made the business decision to say, "No profanity, or no show". They were prepared to accept the consequences.

Integrity.

SVreX
SVreX MegaDork
12/20/13 8:49 a.m.

The man was asked his OPINION on a subject that everyone knew where he stood.

He answered with pretty straight forward tenents from his mainstream religion, as expected.

He did so in a very non-judgmental way.

To which, GRM responded with a whole lot of bigoted name-calling.

GRM said: offensive, backwoods, swamp dude, homophobic, ignorant, redneck, vulgar, bigot, E36 M3ty, backwards, ignorant ass

I'm sure glad I'm on the right side of this one, standing with my PC and sensitive GRM brethren who are so much better that those other heathens.

Sometimes you guys are really hypocritical.

pinchvalve
pinchvalve GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
12/20/13 8:50 a.m.

At least he didn't insult the 2014 Kia Rondo...

yamaha
yamaha PowerDork
12/20/13 9:56 a.m.

In reply to pinchvalve:

Please, GTFO.

In reply to Trans_Maro:

But not all rice is white......now I'm offended by what I'm interpreting as a racist comment.

moparman76_69
moparman76_69 Dork
12/20/13 10:03 a.m.

In reply to novaderrik:

I'm from Mississippi and get stereotyped all the time. I was choosing to make light of everyone's comments instead of being offended by the comments and assumptions.

Lighten up Francis.

And btw my wife got her degree in redneck when she met my dad's side of the family

moparman76_69
moparman76_69 Dork
12/20/13 10:07 a.m.

In reply to SVreX:

I unfortunately can only +1 a comment once.

Now i'm going to do what my first post in this thread suggested and slowly back out of this thread.

Maybe we do need a ban on topics that could cause political or religious arguments. This is going to be a long offseason otherwise.

rotard
rotard Dork
12/20/13 12:11 p.m.
pinchvalve wrote: At least he didn't insult the 2014 Kia Rondo...
Cone_Junkie
Cone_Junkie SuperDork
12/20/13 12:16 p.m.
rotard wrote:
pinchvalve wrote: At least he didn't insult the 2014 Kia Rondo...

I was just thinking to myself "when the heck is that 2014 Kia Rondo coming out?"

I'm glad that has been answered in every thread on this forum.

yamaha
yamaha PowerDork
12/20/13 12:32 p.m.

Make it go away......

1 ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... 10

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
tkLLWlgQVipqeNMxdjP7CAHJ8t6kLez2G6EhCZJJYegjts0WSFjp64UBqEOzzfxJ