1 2
jwdmotorsports
jwdmotorsports Reader
5/23/09 7:20 p.m.

you finish one of the projects in your garage and your wife of 4.5 years says "I think that's the first project you've finished since we've been married"?

Volksroddin
Volksroddin HalfDork
5/23/09 7:44 p.m.

Did you tell her get bent? Thats what I would have done. I have been with my wife for 10yrs now. What was the project??

minimac
minimac Dork
5/23/09 7:46 p.m.

Never heard mine say that....and we've been married 27 years!

orphancars
orphancars New Reader
5/23/09 8:08 p.m.

I remember the first project I finished.................and what the missus said when she first got in it!

We were taking the car down to a spot to take pics....we were going to make calendars to send to the family for Christmas that year. Anyway, the missus gets into the car for the first time and says:

"This car is too low"

--and--

"I don't like these seats -- they're too low and not comfortable"

I look at her and proclaim, "Damn...........been working on this car for almost seven years. You see all the time I've put into it. It's finally complete and THAT's the first thing you can say? E36 M3......"

Well, we go to our spot, take some pics of me and the car..... On the way back, while she's reviewing the pics on her camera, some uh, intended acceleration occurred! Camera and words went flying from the missus

-jeff d

jwdmotorsports
jwdmotorsports Reader
5/23/09 9:01 p.m.
Volksroddin wrote: What was the project??

It was the motored bike that I've had all the parts for for about 2 months or more.

jwdmotorsports
jwdmotorsports Reader
5/23/09 9:02 p.m.
"This car is too low"

I've heard that one many times.

Dr. Hess
Dr. Hess SuperDork
5/23/09 9:12 p.m.

How about when you take her for a test ride and she says "Let me the berkeley out of here!!"

jwdmotorsports
jwdmotorsports Reader
5/23/09 9:27 p.m.

Don't think I've heard that one.

11110000 New Reader
5/23/09 10:53 p.m.

If the car is too low and too uncomfortable, you need to reduce the backpressure from the exhaust.

Her: "THIS CAR IS TOO LOUD!" You: "WHAT?" Her: "I SAID THIS CAR IS TOO LOUD!" You: "WHAT?"

Repeat ad infinitum...

Trans_Maro
Trans_Maro Reader
5/23/09 11:14 p.m.

"Slow down!!"

"This car is too low"

"This car is too fast" (I'm pretty sure this is impossible)

"It rides too rough"

My car may be a bit too low, I drag the subframe connectors every now and then, There is a big dip in the road near my house, if I hit it fast enough I can bounce front crossmember off the pavement.

Shawn

EastCoastMojo
EastCoastMojo GRM+ Memberand Dork
5/23/09 11:18 p.m.

This car is outta gas.

Keith
Keith GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
5/23/09 11:47 p.m.

"You have too many fun cars. I want one".

Goldmember
Goldmember Reader
5/24/09 12:24 a.m.
Keith wrote: "You have too many fun cars. I want one".

Thats what I hear too

RealMiniDriver
RealMiniDriver Dork
5/24/09 1:43 a.m.
Keith wrote: "You have too many fun cars. I want one".

Hell, my wife has an '81 Camaro Z28 (mostly original, 'cept for exhaust) and an '01 Camaro SS. I have a crusty '91 GMC Slonoma and a full size van. The "fun car" factor is in her favor.

I guess I should get the Mini back on the road. One Mini counts for more than two Camaros.

wherethefmi
wherethefmi HalfDork
5/24/09 1:59 a.m.

Are you ever going to do anything with that car that's in the garage, and the one parked out front...

4cylndrfury
4cylndrfury HalfDork
5/24/09 7:31 a.m.
4cylndrfury's wife says:: no

thats the only car related quote i ever get out of her.

And, unfortunately, the question is never:

is this car too fast?

is this car too low?

think this is too expensive/rusty/high mileage?

woe is me

minimac
minimac Dork
5/24/09 7:55 a.m.

Isn't it a shame they don't come with a stick-on mouth (sometimes)like Mrs. Potato Head? Has anyone ever seen the Bridgestone Tire commercial where Mrs.P is ragging on Mr.P while he's driving? I almost peed myself! Ladies, before you flame me real bad, I'm only joking about the mouth part.

Goldmember
Goldmember Reader
5/24/09 8:51 a.m.

That commercial was the E36 M3. Aired during the Super Bowl, didn't it?

maroon92
maroon92 SuperDork
5/24/09 1:48 p.m.

sure did, even my Girlfriend laughed...

thatsnowinnebago
thatsnowinnebago GRM+ Memberand HalfDork
5/24/09 9:02 p.m.
Trans_Maro wrote: "This car is too fast" (I'm pretty sure this is impossible)

I ain't never had too much fun...

JFX001
JFX001 Dork
5/24/09 9:46 p.m.

You sell a '66 mustang convertible project in favor of a Gateway computer for your intended.

Lesley
Lesley SuperDork
5/24/09 9:55 p.m.
minimac wrote: Isn't it a shame they don't come with a stick-on mouth (sometimes)like Mrs. Potato Head? Has anyone ever seen the Bridgestone Tire commercial where Mrs.P is ragging on Mr.P while he's driving? I almost peed myself! Ladies, before you flame me real bad, I'm only joking about the mouth part.

Uh.... dudes, unless your culture chooses your Mrs. for you, it's your own damn fault.

Woody
Woody GRM+ Memberand Dork
5/25/09 8:09 p.m.

Remind her that a marriage isn't completely finished until there's a divorce or one party kicks the bucket.

Danatsma
Danatsma None
5/25/09 8:32 p.m.

I got it good, my wife was mad when I put the race seat in the Datsun and she couldn't reach the pedals, I made her a pad so she can reach and she is happy again. If I want to go to a car show in my Vette she wants to go along in the Datsun :-)

Taiden
Taiden Reader
5/25/09 9:05 p.m.

I hadn't seen the commercial, so here it is.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IV--ISqrMLs

1 2

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
X6b6q6MSqsEqmeOJffAxn3jwudTZi0hT9020rE7OnJIzW02dmNLS0KKTgSbHpvbD