1 2 3
Lesley
Lesley PowerDork
1/11/13 2:11 p.m.

Thanks, other than my appreciation of firemen, I might as well be a teenage guy.

sachilles
sachilles SuperDork
1/11/13 2:11 p.m.

The guy gets to live the dream, that most of us would take in a heart beat. I can't hate a person for that. I save my hate for child molesters, murderers and other similar dirt bags. I AM jealous of his opportunities, but I'm not under the mistaken impression that I somehow deserve the same opportunities. He worked hard to get where he is, I'm content to let him take full advantage of it. I enjoy watching his work. Ditto for Pastrana and all the other folks that strap themselves into a race car.

93EXCivic
93EXCivic MegaDork
1/11/13 2:13 p.m.

I have these in red plaid. They are comfortable as hell.

Toyman01
Toyman01 GRM+ Memberand PowerDork
1/11/13 2:37 p.m.
Lesley wrote: Thanks, other than my appreciation of firemen, I might as well be a teenage guy.

There might be a few other notable things that separate you from them.

Lesley
Lesley PowerDork
1/11/13 2:44 p.m.

Noticeable? Not very.

Curmudgeon
Curmudgeon MegaDork
1/11/13 3:58 p.m.
Lesley wrote:
poopshovel wrote:
Lesley wrote: I like Ken Block, but those shoes are berkeleying ugly.
You're a chick. You're supposed to talk about clothes and crap. Carry on.
Hah! You think so? My friends think I'm missing a gene or something because I despise clothes shopping: http://www.auto-venus.com/en/this-ones-for-you/1157/

Now, if I can just get women to swarm around my toolbox...

EastCoastMojo
EastCoastMojo GRM+ Memberand UberDork
1/11/13 4:14 p.m.
Curmudgeon wrote: Now, if I can just get women to swarm around my toolbox...

Lesley
Lesley PowerDork
1/11/13 4:26 p.m.

Hahaaaahaaaaha!!

hotrodlarry
hotrodlarry HalfDork
1/11/13 6:18 p.m.
Maroon92 wrote: You are welcome...

that's funny

fidelity101
fidelity101 HalfDork
1/11/13 6:26 p.m.

I can't tell if its his fault or the medias fault because every interview or photo that he is in he looks like a total spaz or just a another bad American stereotype.

Keith Tanner
Keith Tanner GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
1/11/13 6:29 p.m.

Ignore his looks and listen to him. I know, it can be hard. But the stuff coming out of his mouth is good. He doesn't come across like a spaz.

fidelity101
fidelity101 HalfDork
1/11/13 7:00 p.m.

In reply to Keith Tanner:

in person, no.

fifty
fifty Reader
1/11/13 8:04 p.m.

I dunno, he seems pretty sensible to me. I just heard him on the Adam Carolla show, he seemed modest and wasrealistic about his aspirations.

DirtyBird222
DirtyBird222 SuperDork
1/11/13 8:49 p.m.

brotatoe

Flight Service
Flight Service UberDork
1/12/13 3:32 a.m.

I like Ken Block's videos and hold no ill will against the man. He has mad car control skills. He is doing what he loves and making money at it.

I would never hold that against anyone, nor can I see any reasonable human being holding it against him. Jealous, yeah, hate, definitely not.

That being said, his 3 sports of choice, are not all the same, (this isn't the 'well duh' statement your thinking.)

Rally, Rally-cross and Gymkhana all require tremendous car control and bravery/lack of brain cells/the secret desire to fight a T-Rex with a spork, but Rally requires you to be able to read terrain too.

The 2 of 3 things he is very successful at are very consistent environments. Rally, what many consider his failure, you could pre-run the day before and come back and find what you are dealing with is very different. IMHO that is his failings, his terrain reading ability.

Still that meme is funny.

Beer Baron
Beer Baron PowerDork
1/12/13 3:47 a.m.
Lesley wrote: Hah! You think so? My friends think I'm missing a gene or something because I despise clothes shopping: http://www.auto-venus.com/en/this-ones-for-you/1157/

I LOL'd.

I will also go out on a limb here and guess that you kinda have a thing for firemen.

Toyman01
Toyman01 GRM+ Memberand PowerDork
1/12/13 7:04 a.m.

In reply to Beer Baron:

That's a pretty short limb. She and Woody have this conversation at least once a year.

neon4891
neon4891 UltimaDork
1/12/13 12:51 p.m.

+1 in the "he has the money to live the dream" camp on this guy.

Curmudgeon
Curmudgeon MegaDork
1/12/13 1:26 p.m.
EastCoastMojo wrote:
Curmudgeon wrote: Now, if I can just get women to swarm around my toolbox...

SOLD!!!!!

Knurled
Knurled GRM+ Memberand UltraDork
1/12/13 2:29 p.m.
Flight Service wrote: The 2 of 3 things he is very successful at are very consistent environments. Rally, what many consider his failure, you could pre-run the day before and come back and find what you are dealing with is very different. IMHO that is his failings, his terrain reading ability.

You can make a fast driver learn to not crash a lot more easily than you can make a slow driver fast.

I'm ambivalent. For one, I don't much like how freakin' overhyped he is, but for the other, in the same boat I'd be doing the exact same thing.

Lesley
Lesley PowerDork
1/12/13 5:14 p.m.

Most women do. Might be the hoses...

Or maybe it's the hats.

Anti-stance
Anti-stance SuperDork
1/12/13 5:46 p.m.
Mental wrote: Place me in the "like him" crowd (although the Sthap thing is funny). There was a neat Bill Caswell op-ed about how more Americans have walked on the moon than earned points in the WRC. Ken Block has earned points in the WRC. He may wreck, but I haven't seen a video or heard of a tantrum or any other obnoxious behaviors that seem to be perpetrated by professional drivers at that level. He always seems like he actually enjoying himself, until the crash anyway.

Agreed with this.

1 2 3

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
Itwe8PPtmIuYMb1s2H3lef1G4S0bxcr1ZSIAr7k36nrMqjFDWNRBPlp5yLDGXEDD