1 2
Pete. (l33t FS)
Pete. (l33t FS) GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
7/20/21 1:26 p.m.
Tom_Spangler (Forum Supporter) said:

https://www.thedrive.com/news/41598/kia-stinger-dead-in-2022-report

According to the Korean Car Blog, Stinger production will end by Q2 2022, citing "local industry sources" pointing to 2022 South Korean production plans released by the company last Friday. These plans allegedly say that the Sohari plant in which the Stinger is produced will no longer build the sedan starting in the second quarter of next year. The blog also states that the Stinger was originally intended to be built until 2024.

Example #2578 of "Automaker builds a great enthusiast car and nobody buys it".

Wasn't the Stinger the most popular new car in Australia, or some such?

Pete. (l33t FS)
Pete. (l33t FS) GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
7/20/21 1:29 p.m.
John Welsh said:

One of my friends bought a '13 Focus sedan because he could do that.  Keep the bike in the car.

As Captain Dondo said, "Always be ready to ride."

93gsxturbo
93gsxturbo UltraDork
7/20/21 9:06 p.m.
ProDarwin said:

^Do people do this?

The last thing I would want to do after riding is transfer all the mud and dirt to the interior of my $40k car.

I put bikes in the back of my $85,000 Toyota Land Cruiser.  Its just a car, after all. 

Oddly enough the Kia Stinker is one of the most popular vehicles I see at the trailheads.  The trunks are pretty awesome.  

chaparral
chaparral Dork
7/21/21 12:50 p.m.

No manual, otherwise I would've bought one of the four-cylinder ones.

NickD
NickD MegaDork
7/21/21 1:12 p.m.

I got to drive a Stinger GT2. It was great-looking, it was comfy inside, it had all the bells and whistles, it felt faster than I would have expected for the horsepower numbers it put up, it handled great. But $55k is a damn steep price, and I remember reading long-term tests where magazines were saying that by the 50k mile mark they had developed all sorts of creaks and rattles and interior parts were falling off.

1 2

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
KnGpP9u6IcCqa42XeOeztzRGyCwqWbIonVmMswE0iAJw8x0pBc5yIyhs7NEll3mc