1 2
Ranger50
Ranger50 MegaDork
10/19/24 6:32 a.m.

These are my everyday carries.... touch my pens and you'll be fingerless. Ask any nurse. 😁

Pictured is a Pilot g2 in 0.38 and blue. A Zebra F301 in 0.7 and blue. A plain ole click pen from the race track to remind me to go more often.

I write in blue for originality sake. The things you learn in prison.....

Beer Baron 🍺
Beer Baron 🍺 MegaDork
10/19/24 8:54 a.m.

Parker Rollerball pens are the nicest I've ever used. They look and feel classy and write fantastically. They write as well or better than a Montblanc (the Rolex of pens) for a fraction of the price (~$25). These are nice enough that you could pull one out of a suit pocket to sign a legal document, and look classy. When I used to keep a nice pen on hand, that is what I used.

Online Get Cheap Parker Pen -Aliexpress.com | Alibaba Group

The cartridge can be replaced easily for the price of a cheap disposable. I prefer the cap type, but they also have click types. Cap type will basically never stain a pocket on accident. They also have fountain pens and ball point if that is more your style.

Around the brewery, I like Pilot G2 to write well, and not worry about it getting dropped or lost. Or basic Bic is what we buy in bulk for the bar.

XLR99 (Forum Supporter)
XLR99 (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
10/19/24 9:07 a.m.
Ranger50 said:

These are my everyday carries.... touch my pens and you'll be fingerless. Ask any nurse. 😁

Truth...

I actually made a few pens with my grandfather's old wood lathe. One was stolen by my sociopath former 'co-worker'.  I think I left the other in my scrub pocket ☹️.

My son got me this one on one of his many trips this year:

Writes very nice; definitely not taking it to work.

dean1484
dean1484 GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
10/19/24 9:34 a.m.

We use these a lot at the office. They are especially good for field work. Not my favorite pen in terms of how it wrights (basic modern gel/ball) but it is an excellent tool to have in the field when taking notes or marking something up or taking notes in meetings. My field guys use them all the time. As far as I know we have never had one leak. 

1 2

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
diFDQnT8CAWKznUwrHj9cfqW1jlhnd5vaC4hJwXyhzFYDZZq8vD0d38gJRaMubO3