Appleseed
Appleseed MegaDork
5/18/22 5:29 p.m.

Yeah. Optimus Prime. In LEGO.  Combine 2 of my favorite things. LEGO store says it comes out on June 1st, but its listed as out of stock. I read somewhere that there were pre-orders, but that's sold out. I've never bought anything directly from LEGO, but I definitely want this. AM I stuffed and have to pay exorbitant secondary market prices? If it in fact is as available on June 1st for everyone, how do I maximize my chance of getting one?

Its E36 M3 like this that makes me want to punch people that collect (hoard) new things for profit.

iansane
iansane GRM+ Memberand Dork
5/18/22 5:40 p.m.

Nothing constructive to add (Sorry), but that thing is berkeleying amazing.

californiamilleghia
californiamilleghia UltraDork
5/18/22 6:58 p.m.

Did anyone build a shopping "bot"  that goes thru all the buying steps .

at one time there was a program that would track a webpage and if there was a change notify you , 

this was great when something was out of stock but came back into stock a few hours later , 

a little like the bots that tell you price changes ,

Because with Amazon the sale can start the evening before D-day

Good luck

Mr_Asa
Mr_Asa PowerDork
5/18/22 7:04 p.m.

Nah, you aren't boned.  Might not get it on the 1st, though.  Give it a month or two and it should be in stock.

Keith Tanner
Keith Tanner GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
5/18/22 8:16 p.m.

Lego doesn't do preorders as far as I know. Anyone doing preorders is a third party expecting a shipment and taking orders, but go to the source. It's listed (correctly) as COMING SOON on the Lego site:

https://www.lego.com/en-us/product/optimus-prime-10302

Check the site, logged in, at 11:59 pm on May 31st and keep refreshing. The site might be a little wobbly due to traffic but persevere.  

If you have a Lego store locally, they'll have some as well. Get in line :)

They'll be available eventually, Lego does limited time runs but not artificial scarcity with the exception of a couple of VIP-only kits. . 

aircooled
aircooled MegaDork
5/18/22 8:23 p.m.
Keith Tanner said:

...Check the site, logged in, at 11:59 pm on May 31st and keep refreshing...

11:59 in what time zone?

Appleseed
Appleseed MegaDork
5/18/22 8:40 p.m.

Good to hear. After seeing what mndsm has to do get an 89 Batmobile, I started getting twitchy.

Keith Tanner
Keith Tanner GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
5/18/22 8:43 p.m.
aircooled said:
Keith Tanner said:

...Check the site, logged in, at 11:59 pm on May 31st and keep refreshing...

11:59 in what time zone?

Sorry, forgot to put that in. Eastern. 

californiamilleghia
californiamilleghia UltraDork
6/1/22 6:09 p.m.

Did you get it ?

Mndsm
Mndsm MegaDork
6/1/22 6:13 p.m.

Worst case scenario, I can keep an eye out at my local store. Lego explained something to me once. 

The Lego online store is a separate entity from Lego brick and mortars. The delorean was the perfect example. They've been oos from the online since release, and I saw a stack of them in person at the mall of America two weeks ago. 

I will say they sold INCREDIBLY quickly when I was there. I was in and out in 15min and probably saw two dozen sell

Mndsm
Mndsm MegaDork
6/1/22 6:15 p.m.

this one will go quick I think. 

Sine_Qua_Non
Sine_Qua_Non SuperDork
6/1/22 7:27 p.m.
Mndsm said:

this one will go quick I think. 

Likely won't get retired quickly if it proves to be a popular seller. 

Appleseed
Appleseed MegaDork
6/1/22 8:54 p.m.
californiamilleghia said:

Did you get it ?

Berk. Completely forgot. Goddammit.

But, just called the LEGO store in Schaumbag. They have them. Looks like me and the boy are going to get one. Thanks for thecheads up,  mndsm.

AnthonyGS (Forum Supporter)
AnthonyGS (Forum Supporter) UltraDork
6/1/22 8:56 p.m.

In reply to Appleseed :

No they will make more of it sells out.  Be patient and don't get sucked in to the auction site holiday pricing.  Set an alert at Lego.com and viola.  I had to do this a few times myself.

Mndsm
Mndsm MegaDork
6/6/22 9:36 a.m.

Hey, did you get one of these, or should I make up some excuse to go to my store? They're showing in stock. 

Appleseed
Appleseed MegaDork
6/6/22 10:29 a.m.

Got it the next day. Took the kid to the happiest place on Earth. He picked out a $10 bucket of rando bricks.

Mndsm
Mndsm MegaDork
6/6/22 11:01 a.m.

In reply to Appleseed :

Good. The last thing I really needed to do was go into Disney property and spend an untold amount of $$$ on Lego. 

Appleseed
Appleseed MegaDork
6/6/22 6:56 p.m.

In reply to Mndsm :

Sorry for party rockin. laugh

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
saL8cMIMuogEcriHKEPJ0OKv6QyMUKhuPwglEmXlPUIrPxa5jNrF4lTR70bVQZHE