1 ... 10 11 12
Beer Baron
Beer Baron PowerDork
10/31/12 5:19 p.m.

Beer is proof that god loves us and wants for us to be happy.

joey48442
joey48442 UberDork
10/31/12 5:42 p.m.
Beer Baron wrote: Beer is proof that god loves us and wants for us to be happy.

That's a lie. It's burned cheese.

Joey

Giant Purple Snorklewacker
Giant Purple Snorklewacker MegaDork
10/31/12 7:20 p.m.
ddavidv wrote: My good friends Jonny and Andy can fix you right up at most any east coast venue: Drive Gear race car rentals

Jon is an old friend of mine. I met him on our first track day at the Glen back in 99 and we both turned into instant junkies - I used to see him at every event I did... Now I only see him when he is delivering rentals.

FGC... It's a good option. The cars are competitive. He drove one to a 3rd in class at nationals.

friedgreencorrado
friedgreencorrado PowerDork
10/31/12 8:27 p.m.
Giant Purple Snorklewacker wrote:
ddavidv wrote: My good friends Jonny and Andy can fix you right up at most any east coast venue: Drive Gear race car rentals
Jon is an old friend of mine. I met him on our first track day at the Glen back in 99 and we both turned into instant junkies - I used to see him at every event I did... Now I only see him when he is delivering rentals. FGC... It's a good option. The cars are competitive. Another friend drove one to a 3rd in class at nationals.

Looks like a good outfit. I was the "poster boy" for homebuilts, even though I knew better (flagger for years before I drove). Long story short, sold professionally built car & went in with a mutual friend of my (then) wife to save dough. Result:

Sheared a balljoint in 3B at Charlotte.

On one hand, (buying/building instead of renting) I hate towing like few things on the face of the Earth. On the other, I can't quite commit 100% to the course in a rental. But since it's been so long since I've been in a race car, I probably shouldn't commit that much in the first place. I'm sure a 15yr old logbook with only eight races on it won't get me a license anywhere worthwhile.

Of course, until I find a job..it's kind of a moot point anyway. Thanks for the info, though..gotta keep hope alive!

Back on topic--that wreck at Charlotte was my own "atheist in a foxhole" moment. As I saw the ground coming up to meet me through the windshield, only thoughts I had were, "WTF DID I DO?!?" and "Dang, I should have berkeleyed (girl's name deleted) back in High School."

Trans_Maro
Trans_Maro SuperDork
10/31/12 8:49 p.m.

Betcha the insurance companies are going to be using "Act of God" to bone a whole lot of people pretty soon.

friedgreencorrado
friedgreencorrado PowerDork
10/31/12 9:18 p.m.

Attributed to Benjamin Franklin, but it may be a paraphrase of his comment about wine.

http://urbanlegends.about.com/b/2008/09/15/misquote-ben-franklin-on-beer.htm

OTOH: It's been said that there is no beer in heaven. Another reason to discard the concept, IMO.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ntkC-o52weI

But..beer is good!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O-jOEAufDQ4

ransom
ransom GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
10/31/12 11:56 p.m.
friedgreencorrado wrote:
Attributed to Benjamin Franklin, but it may be a paraphrase of his comment about wine.

Another quite possible misattribution (and off topic except for relation to Mr. Franklin), but one I'm quite fond of:

Benjamin Franklin may have said: In wine there is wisdom, in beer there is freedom, in water there is bacteria.
curtis73
curtis73 GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
11/2/12 12:46 a.m.
JG Pasterjak wrote: 3. Religion and spirituality can be a powerful tool to unite and uplift, or to divide and persecute. The former needs to happen more often, and be better publicized when it does. Doing the latter makes you a piece of crap. jg

I think this needs to be a new trending twitter thing (or whatever they call it these days.)

+25, JG

1 ... 10 11 12

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
MZNwtm7k8yX18Pqu384rLWNJwFtcmC8yiswYor1iR0IlmQ2VlhRcbeyBZlGlvGPR