1 ... 1186 1187 1188 1189 1190 ... 1744
RealMiniNoMore (Forum Supporter)
RealMiniNoMore (Forum Supporter) PowerDork
2/24/23 11:26 a.m.

NickD
NickD MegaDork
2/24/23 11:36 a.m.

People gatekeeping wheel specs is some of the dumbest E36 M3. And, yes, it's a real thing.

stroker
stroker PowerDork
2/24/23 11:43 a.m.

In reply to RealMiniNoMore (Forum Supporter) :

DjGreggieP
DjGreggieP HalfDork
2/24/23 12:15 p.m.

DjGreggieP
DjGreggieP HalfDork
2/24/23 12:21 p.m.

bobzilla
bobzilla MegaDork
2/24/23 12:22 p.m.
Wally (Forum Supporter) said:
tester (Forum Supporter) said:

In reply to DarkMonohue :

I am 47, and explaining the lack of children has really sucked over the years. We wanted kids; it just didn't work out.

Forced group settings have been the worst.

It never stops either. From the time we were married people felt entitled to explanations to why didn't we have kids. If you said you were unable they as in depth medical questions and expect you to share everything. Of maybe you're a terrible person that hates children. After that were we thinking of adopting? How come you're not looking to foster?  A little over a month after Jodi passed was the first time I was told "You're still young, you can find someone to give you kids". I've heard it countless times since.  The first time a lot of people met my girlfriend was at my dad's memorial where two of them asked if she had or wanted kids. One of them I hadn't spoken to in years. 

My M-I-L kept on it for a long time because she had no grandchildren yet. I got fixed and she lost her damn mind. 

People-Dont-Want-Kids-Funny-Memes

bobzilla
bobzilla MegaDork
2/24/23 12:29 p.m.

Oh god there's so many good ones....

Ian F (Forum Supporter)
Ian F (Forum Supporter) MegaDork
2/24/23 12:43 p.m.

Indy - Guy
Indy - Guy UltimaDork
2/24/23 1:02 p.m.

Appleseed
Appleseed MegaDork
2/24/23 1:17 p.m.

In reply to NickD :

Seriously? That's a thing? I love the 86 guys. One site has a fitment page with every conceivable wheel. Specs, adapters,  spacers, everything divulged.

Appleseed
Appleseed MegaDork
2/24/23 1:36 p.m.

Never understand browbeating someone about kid choices (for or against.) My conversation to someone about having kids:

You got any kids?

No.

You planning on having any?

No.

...Ok. Hey how about that (insert anything else to talk about . )

That's the extent of kid talk with me.

NickD
NickD MegaDork
2/24/23 1:46 p.m.

David Elfering
David Elfering GRM+ Memberand Reader
2/24/23 1:49 p.m.

Brett_Murphy (Agent of Chaos)
Brett_Murphy (Agent of Chaos) GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
2/24/23 2:47 p.m.
NickD said:

People gatekeeping wheel specs is some of the dumbest E36 M3. And, yes, it's a real thing.

What are they doing? Hiding the wheel/tire specs they're running on a car during an event? Isn't that something that can be challenged?

Beer Baron
Beer Baron MegaDork
2/24/23 3:15 p.m.

May be an image of 1 person and text

DjGreggieP
DjGreggieP HalfDork
2/24/23 3:25 p.m.

In reply to Brett_Murphy (Agent of Chaos) :

It's a big thing in the stance community so that 'Person Y' can't copy 'Person X' and steal clout or some such thing. 

Meme unrelated.

No Time
No Time UltraDork
2/24/23 3:27 p.m.

No Time
No Time UltraDork
2/24/23 3:28 p.m.

DjGreggieP
DjGreggieP HalfDork
2/24/23 3:29 p.m.

DjGreggieP
DjGreggieP HalfDork
2/24/23 3:40 p.m.

Appleseed
Appleseed MegaDork
2/24/23 4:20 p.m.

Saw this in a Craigslist ad. I lolzerd.

NickD
NickD MegaDork
2/24/23 5:09 p.m.

Keith Tanner
Keith Tanner GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
2/24/23 5:25 p.m.
DarkMonohue said:

It never stops either. From the time we were married people felt entitled to explanations to why didn't we have kids. If you said you were unable they as in depth medical questions and expect you to share everything. Of maybe you're a terrible person that hates children. After that were we thinking of adopting? How come you're not looking to foster?  A little over a month after Jodi passed was the first time I was told "You're still young, you can find someone to give you kids". I've heard it countless times since.  The first time a lot of people met my girlfriend was at my dad's memorial where two of them asked if she had or wanted kids. One of them I hadn't spoken to in years. 

No kidding. And that conversation is only socially acceptable in one direction; turning the tables is absolutely taboo. A few of my coworkers have four or five kids. Imagine if I were to put on that same half-smile and ask them if they'd ever thought about stopping at one or two, or offered them the number of a doctor who could help them with a nice, discreet vasectomy. 

People are the worst.

That's when I would suggest maybe they should get a hobby :)

I don't think anyone's ever pressured or judged me for not having kids. Or maybe I've never picked up on the subtle clues because I don't care and/or I don't hang around with the sort of people who would do that. My social circle tends to be people without kids because people with kids don't often do the things I do so where would I meet these people?  

I borrow a kid once in a while - my sister in law has 3, and there's always one who wants to come play at my place because 1) more fun and 2) no siblings. But I get to give them back :)

Who doesn't love cool uncles | Cool uncle, Feelings, Mifflin

volvoclearinghouse
volvoclearinghouse UltimaDork
2/24/23 5:38 p.m.

May be a cartoon of text that says 'THUREDAY TREAT. BY NICK VOLKERT I'M REALLY THINKING ABOUT AN ELECTRIC CAR, YOU KNOW, GOOD FOR THE ENVIRONMENT AND STUFF? WE HAVE THOSE IN STOCK, BUT HAVE YOU EVER THOUGHT ABOUT THE TACO CAR? IT'S HIGHLY UN-AERODYNAMIC BUT DISPENSES UNLIMITED TACOS. $%#$ $%#$YEAH! YEAH! ©2017 Nick Volkert volkertstoons.com'

Pete. (l33t FS)
Pete. (l33t FS) GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
2/24/23 5:46 p.m.
Appleseed said:

Never understand browbeating someone about kid choices (for or against.) My conversation to someone about having kids:

You got any kids?

No.

You planning on having any?

No.

...Ok. Hey how about that (insert anything else to talk about . )

That's the extent of kid talk with me.

Goes hand in hand with the anti EV mentality.  People assume that if you make a decision different from theirs then that means you think you're better than them or something, and they get offended.

Maybe I don't want children because I hated being around children as a child and it works for me.  You want kids, that works for you, awesome, we both can have what we want.

1 ... 1186 1187 1188 1189 1190 ... 1744

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
nczMfLhGPhq5FUDYQ9d8dp2SoyTPS4vrsOZTJMPTSmTRdu33iiFpYkTPpCNgNo4Q