1 ... 1506 1507 1508 1509 1510 ... 1734
Noddaz
Noddaz GRM+ Memberand PowerDork
2/7/24 9:12 a.m.

In reply to RealMiniNoMore (Forum Supporter) :

I can drive four hours in Maryland and never leave the state.  And Maryland is not a big state.

P3PPY
P3PPY GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
2/7/24 9:19 a.m.
Noddaz said:

I can drive four hours in Maryland and never leave the state.  And Maryland is not a big state.

I've driven for four hours and still stayed inside Seattle >:(

Dont get Atlanta started

Noddaz
2/7/24 9:23 a.m.

In reply to P3PPY :

There is that...

And Bobzilla, there is a 5th season in Florida.   Usually pretty short.

RealMiniNoMore (Forum Supporter)
RealMiniNoMore (Forum Supporter) PowerDork
2/7/24 9:39 a.m.

In reply to Beer Baron and Noddaz :

Since we're swinging dicks, I watched the sun set at the easternmost point of Wisconsin:

Then rode my motorcycle across the state, to watch the sun rise at the westernmost (non- island) point of Wisconsin: 

On the shortest night of the year, June 20/21.

Got the idea from an episode of Top Gear, when Clarkson drove across England.

Oh yeah, meme

NickD
NickD MegaDork
2/7/24 9:46 a.m.

Hoppps
Hoppps Reader
2/7/24 9:53 a.m.

That actually sounds like a fun little idea! In Georgia, so I could watch the sunset in Columbus, drive 5hrs and watch the sun rise in Jekyll!

914Driver
914Driver MegaDork
2/7/24 10:03 a.m.

RealMiniNoMore (Forum Supporter)
RealMiniNoMore (Forum Supporter) PowerDork
2/7/24 10:11 a.m.

In reply to Hoppps :

It was a challenge. The first time I tried it with a buddy, and I had electrical issues - a short blowing the rear light fuse - and it was foggy. We were about 60 miles from the end, and the sun was already coming up. 

Toyman!
Toyman! GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
2/7/24 11:19 a.m.

E_NinjA
E_NinjA New Reader
2/7/24 11:40 a.m.

Did this for a family trip once. All just for the kid to win his week long baseball tourney in San Diego. With children, this is 16 hours minimum. Never left the state. California is like its own country, mostly full of idiots.

dclafleur
dclafleur Reader
2/7/24 11:40 a.m.

science-the-mummy-meme-When-you-re-working-under-car

Ranger50
Ranger50 MegaDork
2/7/24 11:47 a.m.

Ranger50
Ranger50 MegaDork
2/7/24 11:48 a.m.

Ranger50
Ranger50 MegaDork
2/7/24 11:48 a.m.

Noddaz
2/7/24 12:27 p.m.

That is pretty neat. 

Floating Doc (Forum Supporter)
Floating Doc (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand UltimaDork
2/7/24 12:34 p.m.

Beer Baron
Beer Baron MegaDork
2/7/24 12:50 p.m.
E_NinjA said:

Did this for a family trip once. All just for the kid to win his week long baseball tourney in San Diego. With children, this is 16 hours minimum. Never left the state. California is like its own country, mostly full of idiots.

Going back to the original meme, arguably Northern California and Southern California are different parts of the country.

When I lived in Germany, Europeans *really* didn't understand how big the U.S. is. When people asked me where I was from, I'd tell them "California".

"*Just* California?" they'd ask.

Well... first off, not my whole life. Second, saying I'm 'just' from California is like saying someone is 'just' from Italy. California is bigger than Germany. That shocked and confused people.

Then there was the person who was like, "I have a lot of friends in America. It would be fun to take a trip and travel around for a week or two to visit them all. I know people in New York, Chicago, Seattle, Los Angeles, and Austin." Had to explain that one to them.

I had the reverse when I was at a dance exchange in Berlin and was surprised that people came to it all the way from Dublin, Ireland! That's like... as far away as you could get and still be in "Europe". Then I looked up the distance and realized that's like Sacramento to L.A., and I used to drive that regularly.

Duke
Duke MegaDork
2/7/24 1:09 p.m.

In reply to Beer Baron :

Which is why I almost always laugh when I hear someone say "Well, it works in Europe..." about their favorite public transportation method / social program / educational system / whatever.

Jay_W
Jay_W SuperDork
2/7/24 2:06 p.m.

We had some German tourists up here near Seattle once, that told us "ya, tomorrow we will visit Disneyland, und den we go to Grand canyon, und den next day, visit Yellowstone" and we made sure they *didn't* have a Gulfstream chartered, that yes they really thought they'd just drive down the west coast and hit d-land and then pop on over to middle of AZ in one day, and then we spent some time with them discussing miles-to-km and I rather do think their vaycay plans underwent some changes.

CAinCA
CAinCA GRM+ Memberand Dork
2/7/24 2:18 p.m.

I've had friends from different states tell me that they are going to Disneyland and that we should meet up. Oh, yeah, sure. I'll drive 6+ hours each way to have dinner with you. ;^)

I read a story about how when Porsche or BMW set up their US parts distribution network they wanted to just have one warehouse on the East coast somewhere. The the US manager tried to explain that would mean 4-5 day shipping to the West coast. They really didn't understand why until he showed them a map of the USA and Germany overlaid on top of each other.

Indy - Guy
Indy - Guy UltimaDork
2/7/24 2:47 p.m.
914Driver said:

Enviromentalists will love it: It's all natural.

Meme unreleated, or is it?

Indy - Guy
Indy - Guy UltimaDork
2/7/24 2:49 p.m.

Brett_Murphy (Agent of Chaos)
Brett_Murphy (Agent of Chaos) GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
2/7/24 3:59 p.m.

May be an image of text that says 'Sometimes you just gotta celebrate the small victories'

bobzilla
bobzilla MegaDork
2/7/24 4:18 p.m.
Noddaz said:

In reply to P3PPY :

There is that...

And Bobzilla, there is a 5th season in Florida.   Usually pretty short.

Thats just a nice breeze to cool things down a bit. 

The best Florida memes :) Memedroid

Duke
Duke MegaDork
2/7/24 4:39 p.m.
bobzilla said:

The best Florida memes :) Memedroid

RE the latest incarnation  of the EV thread:

1 ... 1506 1507 1508 1509 1510 ... 1734

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
hdTAmjORzhmMxE5B1US3aWv8o4srXF8AHgKLgjXFZoOcp14CXdE6SvZFbe0k5Q4l