preach (fs)
preach (fs) GRM+ Memberand HalfDork
8/8/21 3:23 p.m.

Stampie
Stampie GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
8/8/21 3:30 p.m.
Beer Baron said:
Stampie said:

I think it's funny that one side says people will die if they don't get vaccines and the other side says the vaccines will kill people.  If just a few percent on the wrong side die then the next election will show the results.

I have a friend whose daughter lives on a respirator and is too young to get vaccinated (and possibly not healthy enough even if she were older). A group of us started to gather at his house to play D&D once we were all fully vaccinated. Since the news of the Delta Variant, and that vaccinated people can carry and transmit the virus, we are now planning to cancel our gaming again so that we don't accidentally kill his daughter.

It would be simpler if it were "us against them", but the whole system affects everyone in it.

I'll mock myself:

Nerd alert: HighQualityGifs

Those are the innocent bystanders that will end up being harmed.

ShawnG
ShawnG UltimaDork
8/8/21 3:39 p.m.

Can we please go back to talking about Pizza Hut.

Their pepperoni pizza is awesome but that deep dish pan stuff can eat a bag of dicks. It's always burnt on the outside.

bgkast
bgkast GRM+ Memberand PowerDork
8/8/21 3:42 p.m.

preach (fs)
preach (fs) GRM+ Memberand HalfDork
8/8/21 3:42 p.m.

Deep dish is supposed to be burnt on the outside...

DD is better if the pan is lined with bacon then baked. Crispy bacon goodness as a crust is phenominal.

Floating Doc (Forum Supporter)
Floating Doc (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand PowerDork
8/8/21 3:43 p.m.

I don't have anything to offer on the subject of Pizza Hut, but this is still about food. 

Subscriber-unavailabile
Subscriber-unavailabile HalfDork
8/8/21 3:57 p.m.

Try putting yourselves in my position. I'm not anti-vax, but I'm not getting the shot. I'm HIGHLY allergic to the some ingredients in the shots.
Last time I took prescribed medicine with those ingredients I had a seizure, taking 8 people to hold my body down, completely wrecking my body to the point I developed allergies to a very unbelievable level. I have 5 pages of stuff I was allergic to afterwards. Thankfully now I've built my body back up to were I'm fully healthy again. 
Now even though I have antibodies and having my Doctor/cdc recommend I don't get the vaccine, I'm labeled as a trumper anti-Vaxer. Now because of mandates that are getting pushed im at risk of losing my job and not being allowed to be "apart" of society. So much for freedom..

Appleseed
Appleseed MegaDork
8/8/21 3:59 p.m.

Appleseed
Appleseed MegaDork
8/8/21 3:59 p.m.

Appleseed
Appleseed MegaDork
8/8/21 4:00 p.m.

Appleseed
Appleseed MegaDork
8/8/21 4:00 p.m.

logdog (Forum Supporter)
logdog (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand UberDork
8/8/21 4:04 p.m.

When I moved to northeast PA a few years ago I was introduced the Old Forge style, which is what pizza would taste like if someone who never ate pizza described its taste to a high school cafeteria cook. Link.

mtn
mtn MegaDork
8/8/21 4:11 p.m.
Subscriber-unavailabile said:

Try putting yourselves in my position. I'm not anti-vax, but I'm not getting the shot. I'm HIGHLY allergic to the some ingredients in the shots.
Last time I took prescribed medicine with those ingredients I had a seizure, taking 8 people to hold my body down, completely wrecking my body to the point I developed allergies to a very unbelievable level. I have 5 pages of stuff I was allergic to afterwards. Thankfully now I've built my body back up to were I'm fully healthy again. 
Now even though I have antibodies and having my Doctor/cdc recommend I don't get the vaccine, I'm labeled as a trumper anti-Vaxer. Now because of mandates that are getting pushed im at risk of losing my job and not being allowed to be "apart" of society. So much for freedom..

Congratulations, you're one of the approximately 0.0000001% of the population that has a legitimate reason not to get the shot, that approximately 30-40% of the population (and likely more of the adult population) is using as a straw man for not getting the vaccine. 

John 11:35

Steve_Jones
Steve_Jones Dork
8/8/21 4:26 p.m.
mtn said:

Congratulations, you're one of the approximately 0.0000001% of the population that has a legitimate reason not to get the shot, that approximately 30-40% of the population (and likely more of the adult population) is using as a straw man for not getting the vaccine. 

John 11:35

See, there's the condescending attitude. You're dismissing him as not relevant and making up a number to try and prove some point. If your .0000001% number is correct, there are only 38 people in the USA that have a valid reason, so I'm guessing you made it up to be a smart ass.

Be a better person, especially if you feel the need to toss out a bible quote. 

M2Pilot
M2Pilot Dork
8/8/21 5:27 p.m.

Soooo, How's everything else in Russia?

chandler
chandler UltimaDork
8/8/21 5:27 p.m.

it sure if any person arguing believes that they are going to change the others mi d which is why this is all pointless. Throwing name calling in seems a little much though. Especially on this board where I've eaten a meal with many of you. At this point decisions are made, one way or the other.

Stampie
Stampie GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
8/8/21 5:30 p.m.

In reply to Steve_Jones :

We could discuss how many people religion has killed.

Steve_Jones
Steve_Jones Dork
8/8/21 5:38 p.m.
M2Pilot said:

Soooo, How's everything else in Russia?

You know he's a real poster with 900+ posts right? Did you just accuse him of being a Russian troll in your "it's not political" discussion?

Wow..

Steve_Jones
Steve_Jones Dork
8/8/21 5:40 p.m.

In reply to chandler :

I'm not here to change minds, and don't think I would if I was. I'm just pointing out the hypocrisy of people saying "it's not political" when they are the ones that make it political. 

93EXCivic
93EXCivic MegaDork
8/8/21 5:43 p.m.

Jesus berkeleying Christ. It is a meme thread. The argument thread is some where else. 

Subscriber-unavailabile
Subscriber-unavailabile HalfDork
8/8/21 5:49 p.m.

Datsun310Guy
Datsun310Guy MegaDork
8/8/21 5:53 p.m.

RevRico
RevRico GRM+ Memberand UltimaDork
8/8/21 5:54 p.m.

In reply to Datsun310Guy :

No, the children are still having a pissing contest while the rest of us look for the cement truck.

Floating Doc (Forum Supporter)
Floating Doc (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand PowerDork
8/8/21 6:02 p.m.

Beer Baron
Beer Baron MegaDork
8/8/21 6:09 p.m.

May be an image of ‎2 people and ‎text that says '‎WORK IN NORMAL CONDITIONS WORK WITH SOCIAL DISTANCING اد WORK FROM HOME‎'‎‎

1 ... 625 626 627 628 629 ... 1733

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
Zpzg4to9ioyVu5upNCbt5Yhi4MgVo1BqJxaam0z2VONJPVtTlNEQwP0JJ8CzNjXG