1 ... 698 699 700 701 702 ... 2016
Furious_E
Furious_E GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
10/24/17 8:15 p.m.

My parents had to put down the family Labrador yesterday sad Of all the dogs, cats, and horses we've had, and even though I'm out of the house and have my own dog now, this has been one of the roughest losses of a pet I've ever had. Ozzie was everyone's favorite and truly a member of the family, and I'm a complete Bob Costas when it comes to losing dogs. 

I think I posted here back in June when we first found out he had cancer and was given 2 weeks. He hung on for 4 months. We decided right off the bat we couldn't stand to let him suffer, but at the same time we couldn't cut his life short either if there was quality time left. Though his condition was obviously deteriorating, he had quality of life right up until the end and enjoyed plenty of extra perks and loving. He gave us all a chance to say goodbye, a little extra time, and he loved every minute of it. 

Finally yesterday, he couldn't get out of bed and we knew the time had come. I dropped my dog off (my mom dog sits for me) before work and knew I was probably saying goodbye for the last time. Things went about as well as they could have, all things considered, but damn that really doesn't make it any easier. I miss the hell out of Oz.

EastCoastMojo
EastCoastMojo GRM+ Memberand Mod Squad
10/24/17 8:19 p.m.

In reply to Furious_E :

Really sorry to hear. Sounds like Ozzie lived a full and happy life. It's always hard to say goodbye. 

mad_machine
mad_machine GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
10/24/17 9:27 p.m.

I really hate being yelled at for somebody else's incompetence. Especially when it is your boss yelling at you for something he told you to do and it's his incompetence that caused the whole issue.

Before I went on vacation, He asked me to hang some lights on the truss that we use to separate the room for a party. The problem was, he does not know how we hang the lights (at a 45 angle out from the truss) and the party was still 4 days away. This meant that the lights were in the way of EVERYTHING for four days and had to be taken down. I knew it was a bad idea at the time, I honestly considered just not doing it (he was leaving for the day and my vacation started the next day) but I did it anyway. Today I got yelled at for it.

Wall-e
Wall-e GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
10/25/17 9:35 a.m.

Once again my CPAP supplier sucks.  Last night I came home to find my CPAP machine had died. I ended up calling in sick to work because I only got about an hour of sleep and wanted to get this taken care of. Called the office and they said bring it down. Thank get there and they tell me it could be two weeks for a replacement. She had a rack full of machines behind her but they do not have loaners for while mine is fixed, nor will they let me buy one outright at any price which at this point I’d be willing to do.  They’re going to try to get it looked at today but doubtful it will happen in the meantime maybe I could try sleeping in a chair. 

Dusterbd13
Dusterbd13 UltimaDork
10/25/17 9:40 a.m.

Came back to work today.

178 emails.

96 voicemails 

154 missed calls

4 mandatory meetings in the next 3 days.

Should never have gone on vacation....

tuna55
tuna55 MegaDork
10/25/17 9:42 a.m.
Wall-e said:

Once again my CPAP supplier sucks.  Last night I came home to find my CPAP machine had died. I ended up calling in sick to work because I only got about an hour of sleep and wanted to get this taken care of. Called the office and they said bring it down. Thank get there and they tell me it could be two weeks for a replacement. She had a rack full of machines behind her but they do not have loaners for while mine is fixed, nor will they let me buy one outright at any price which at this point I’d be willing to do.  They’re going to try to get it looked at today but doubtful it will happen in the meantime maybe I could try sleeping in a chair. 

easybreathe.com

My local place sucks also

mtn
mtn MegaDork
10/25/17 9:53 a.m.

Holy cow. This is a total fuster cluck. Seventeen emails coming in at a time, and I have to try to fix the problems from having a parade of temps do the job for the past 5 months. Wow. 

Appleseed
Appleseed MegaDork
10/25/17 10:16 a.m.

700 pages of bitching? What the hell is wrong with you people? 

AWSX1686
AWSX1686 GRM+ Memberand Dork
10/25/17 10:20 a.m.
Dusterbd13 said:

Came back to work today.

178 emails.

96 voicemails 

154 missed calls

4 mandatory meetings in the next 3 days.

Should never have gone on vacation....

I had over 1000 emails when I came back on Tuesday.

RevRico
RevRico GRM+ Memberand UltraDork
10/25/17 10:31 a.m.

So let me see if I understand this. You "protect" my data with 12 year old laughable security. My data gets compromised and it's MY fault? Turning almost a billion a year in profits and you can't afford 2 factor authentication or actual encryption, and still its my fault?

dculberson
dculberson PowerDork
10/25/17 10:34 a.m.
Appleseed said:

Wall-e
10/25/17 10:36 a.m.
Appleseed said:

A lot

Wall-e
10/25/17 10:38 a.m.

In reply to tuna55 :

I’ve been getting the supplies online since they screwed up my mask but for the machine itself I was hoping somehow I could get one same day. I think it’s just the power cord/ transformer but no one local will sell me anything.

KyAllroad
KyAllroad PowerDork
10/25/17 10:40 a.m.

Listening to On Point Radio about the harassment settlements where the victims  are getting tens of millions of dollar settlements in exchange for their not discussing the events.  Gotta say, if there is somewhere I can sign up for a 32 million dollar payout I'd be willing to be harassed by anyone you can name.  32 million is a very large number of doll hairs.  Honestly the list of things I WOULDN'T do for that kind of cash gets real damned short. 

dculberson
dculberson PowerDork
10/25/17 11:55 a.m.

In reply to Wall-e :

What's the voltage output on the power cord? I assume it's a "wall wart" style? I have a ton of them pretty organized and might have something that would work. 

tuna55
tuna55 MegaDork
10/25/17 12:00 p.m.

In reply to dculberson :

They have weirdo connectors when they get to the DC end. At least on mine.

Stefan
Stefan GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
10/25/17 12:11 p.m.
KyAllroad said:

Listening to On Point Radio about the harassment settlements where the victims  are getting tens of millions of dollar settlements in exchange for their not discussing the events.  Gotta say, if there is somewhere I can sign up for a 32 million dollar payout I'd be willing to be harassed by anyone you can name.  32 million is a very large number of doll hairs.  Honestly the list of things I WOULDN'T do for that kind of cash gets real damned short. 

Wow, way to play down the issues these victims are facing and are having to face.  Nevermind the fact that often the majority of the money goes to the lawyers and not the victims.  I'm sure if your daughters or wife were abused similarly, you'd feel different about the money being spread around instead of jail sentences for those that perptrated the abuse, let alone the resulting cover up.

Wall-e
10/25/17 12:41 p.m.
tuna55 said:

In reply to dculberson :

They have weirdo connectors when they get to the DC end. At least on mine.

This.  I went down to see my father who’s on his third machine.  Each one has a different plug just in case you were thinking of interchanging them.

Appleseed
Appleseed MegaDork
10/25/17 2:00 p.m.
Stefan said:
KyAllroad said:

Wow, way to play down the issues these victims are facing and are having to face.  Nevermind the fact that often the majority of the money goes to the lawyers and not the victims.  I'm sure if your daughters or wife were abused similarly, you'd feel different about the money being spread around instead of jail sentences for those that perptrated the abuse, let alone the resulting cover up.

He's wishing it on himself, not other people. If I recall past posts, his financial situation is as bad as mine. I'd be willing to endure awful abuse for money. In fact I have suffered through mental abuse. Years of it. Where's my money?

GameboyRMH
GameboyRMH GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
10/25/17 2:46 p.m.

Be careful when you say something is impossible. I told a coworker that convincingly photoshopping some people into a certain photo was impossible. They then took it to an outside company, who jammed everyone in there, looking like cardboard standies, in spacially improbable positions, and one woman's been turned into a giantess...it's laughably bad. And no, blurring edges is not a substitute for making shadows, plucky photoshopper.

Furious_E
Furious_E GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
10/26/17 5:46 a.m.

In reply to EastCoastMojo :

Thanks. He most certainly did live a full and happy life, enjoyed every day right up until his last.

Today's rant: Getting awfully sick of these 12+ hour days, 5am start times, and 3am wake ups. I'm constantly exhausted and have zero energy to do anything outside of work. Thankfully, we should have this project mostly wrapped up within the next week or so (I hope). I don't know how people sustain this kind of pace all the time, I'm only good for it in short bursts and a month of this is really starting to wear on me.

Nick (Bo) Comstock
Nick (Bo) Comstock MegaDork
10/26/17 9:10 a.m.

Got in the car this morning as I was running too late to gear up for the bike. Looked down at the seat next to me thinking I'm forgetting something.

Keys? Check. 

Wallet? Check.

Phone? Check.

Pulling into the driveway at work it hits me. No lunch for me today crying

Dusterbd13
Dusterbd13 UltimaDork
10/26/17 9:13 a.m.

This is monumentally berkeleyed up. 

Tactical Penguin
Tactical Penguin Dork
10/26/17 1:26 p.m.

Worked three different shifts on my days off and my internal clock is all berked up.

Now it's time for two generally boring 12 hour shifts in a row at my dispatch job and I'm having a hard time sitting on my ass and staying awake.

The upside is the foot that I hurt the other day on the construction site gets a nice rest and I've propped it under the desk on my makeshift ottoman.

mtn
mtn MegaDork
10/26/17 1:33 p.m.

I'll probably have a daily rant here. Oh, the challenges of working for a company headquartered in another country, trying to gain foothold in this country. My position should have been hired about 6 months prior, if not 12 months, than just 3 weeks ago. And they should have sent that person to the foreign country for training. But they didn't, and now the person in the foreign country who coudl have trained me is now gone. Maybe they'll still send me and get that person to moonlight to train me, but there are going to be some growing pains here. 

1 ... 698 699 700 701 702 ... 2016

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
HiLdsdQAQV6WRVgHvvaeNNxUVPX5NhAzybTd7UDLqY1uWDk7YQgDhOpAw7vE6BSQ