1 ... 703 704 705 706 707 ... 2016
Apple Cougar Mellonseed
Apple Cougar Mellonseed MegaDork
11/4/17 11:59 p.m.

The internet has gone full retard. I'm trying to find a full brake hard line kit for my Grandma's 1990 Corolla. Autozone, O'Reilly, E-Bay, even Rockauto. Nothing. You want the rubber hoses? No, brake lines. Hoses? No, brake lines. Hoses? BRAKE LINE, DAMMIT, B-R-A-K-E L-I-N-E-S. Metal lines, not rubber. berkeley. 

Well Grandma congratulations, your car doesn't have brakes, according to the internets. I'll get you some bigger shoes.

RevRico
RevRico GRM+ Memberand UltraDork
11/5/17 9:24 a.m.

I think I'm going to start teaching people what the words they want to use all the time actually mean. 

Oh you're  literally dying over there? *boom* yes you literally died over there. 

Ok, so I'm having a hard time with some of the other buzzwords of the day and examples, but I think I'm getting my point across. 

dropstep
dropstep SuperDork
11/5/17 10:10 a.m.

Got the new beaters exhaust parts i thought i needed. Turns out i also need the 2 bolt flange for manifold too downpipe. No one thats open today can get it. Guess ill be calling exhaust shops monday.

Mike
Mike GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
11/5/17 10:23 a.m.
RevRico said:

I think I'm going to start teaching people what the words they want to use all the time actually mean. 

Oh you're  literally dying over there? *boom* yes you literally died over there. 

Ok, so I'm having a hard time with some of the other buzzwords of the day and examples, but I think I'm getting my point across. 

Knurled.
Knurled. GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
11/5/17 10:26 a.m.
RevRico said:

If I see someone say they put a "stall converter" or a "stall" in their car one more time.... ONE MORE TIME!!!...

mad_machine
mad_machine GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
11/5/17 12:42 p.m.
RevRico said:

Word Crimes

Mike
11/5/17 7:47 p.m.
Dusterbd13 said:

In reply to Mike :

Find somebody.  Wether a therapist, priest, or bartender, find SOMEONE. dont "be a man", talk about it with someone before it eats you. Please. 

Hell, you can call me if it'll help. 

That's an incredible kindness. I regret my original post, and have deleted it. I'm realizing that it sounded like a different kind of problem from the kind I'm having. 

Mike
11/5/17 7:49 p.m.
Apple Cougar Mellonseed said:

In reply to Mike :

We got you. Text me if you need to talk.

That's really way too nice. I appreciate it, but I'm realizing that my message sounded like a different kind of situation than I'm actually having. I deleted the message. Thank you.

stanger_missle
stanger_missle GRM+ Memberand Dork
11/5/17 8:20 p.m.

What is it with family members trying to hook you up with people they know?

My aunt is bugging me to meet the younger sister of one of her friends.

I'm skeptical, to say the least.

I dunno, maybe I shouldn't be such a cynical shiny happy person. I don't have much trust in the opposite sex after my divorce sad.

Dusterbd13
Dusterbd13 MegaDork
11/5/17 8:23 p.m.

Mike: offer stands. Don't matter what kind of problem it is, were here.  This is what we do.

Dusterbd13
Dusterbd13 MegaDork
11/5/17 8:24 p.m.

My rant: E36 M3 that sounds funny in my head comes out horribly offensive when typed. I Apologize for that. I have deleted the other post.

Knurled.
11/5/17 8:31 p.m.
Apple Cougar Mellonseed said:

The internet has gone full retard. I'm trying to find a full brake hard line kit for my Grandma's 1990 Corolla. Autozone, O'Reilly, E-Bay, even Rockauto. Nothing. You want the rubber hoses? No, brake lines. Hoses? No, brake lines. Hoses? BRAKE LINE, DAMMIT, B-R-A-K-E L-I-N-E-S. Metal lines, not rubber. berkeley. 

Well Grandma congratulations, your car doesn't have brakes, according to the internets. I'll get you some bigger shoes.

If you want a line rack, call the dealer.  Otherwise you're making them yourself.

MazdaFace
MazdaFace Reader
11/6/17 8:34 a.m.

When people come in and think they are buying a car the smart way by withholding information. If you are up front about how much you want to spend a month, total price you're looking to pay, trade information, money down, etc you will have a much better buying experience. Be a E36 M3ty customer get a E36 M3ty experience it's really just that simple. 

dropstep
dropstep SuperDork
11/6/17 11:47 a.m.

Trying to find just the flange for the bottom of the manifold to downpipe connection on my ranger is apparently impossible. Guess im going junkyard hopping for a flange in rust country. 

WilD
WilD Dork
11/6/17 1:43 p.m.

The office has been flooded with a seemingly endless supply of leftover halloween candy and I really don't need to be eating it.

AWSX1686
AWSX1686 GRM+ Memberand Dork
11/6/17 3:45 p.m.

When something happens like first thing in the morning and it puts you in a mood all day. -__-

Jumper K Balls
Jumper K Balls PowerDork
11/6/17 4:18 p.m.

I don't think I care for high definition TV. My old sub 40" flatscreen was fine at 1080p. I was given a few year old 56" Sharp Aquos and got it set up.  The "soap opera effect" is horrible.  I turned off motion smoothing and played with settings but everything still looks too shiny and directly lit. 

Is this just what HD is all about? Making things look like cheap serial dramas? I swear foreheads and scalps have never been portrayed so boldly. So damn shiny!

AWSX1686
AWSX1686 GRM+ Memberand Dork
11/6/17 4:20 p.m.

Also: Suspension prices for the e28. I've been putting off a suspension overhaul since I got it 4-5 years ago. When I'd notice it and look at the price of parts I'd just park it for a while, but I've been daily'ing it for the last 2 months since the miata has been out of commission and it is becoming more and more apparent that I am going to need a full suspension overhaul. Look up parts, estimate it'll be 2-3k just for parts. Yuck. Plus if the suspension is all nice, I'm going to want to do the manual swap as well, which I have most of the parts for it's just going to take some time. Time I can't really afford right now, plus with the miata being down, the e28 can't really be down. Then whenever I do get suspension and the manual swap done, I'm going to want to do something about the paint. And the interior. It never ends. 

Dusterbd13
Dusterbd13 MegaDork
11/6/17 4:35 p.m.

This time change is kicking my ass.

And killing after work productivity. 

But at least the shop is still well lit....

Except for the dead ballasts.....

wearymicrobe
wearymicrobe UberDork
11/6/17 5:57 p.m.

I have been told that I need to take all of my vacation before the end of the year.

I have also been told that I need to get four months worth of stuff done in the next two months as well. Mainly because other people are on vacation.

This does not compute. Apparently they have to pay me for the time I don't use. Its almost a 5 figure bill this year apparently.  I would rather have the time off.

Datsun310Guy
Datsun310Guy UltimaDork
11/6/17 6:45 p.m.

I’ve set sales records the past three years. I won a vendor award from Caterpillar. I made some decent profits for the branch. Life is good.  

My rant is I’ve been complaining- I need to stop.   

mad_machine
mad_machine GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
11/6/17 7:03 p.m.

I swear they are out to get me tonight. Had three close calls driving home from work today.

1: Leaving work, the boulevard is 35 mph, most everyone does about 50. I was doing 40 and accelerating. Three lanes in, I am in the right hand lane with other cars behind me as I come up on somebody actually doing 35. I check the mirrors, hit the blinker, check mirrors again, and pull into the middle lane. Small red car comes flying around me doing about 75 as he tries hard not to lose it as he had to turn hard to avoid running into the back of my disco. With such a closing speed I never stood a chance to see him (especially in the dark)

2: Up the pike I found a women going East in the West bound lanes. Not sure how long she had been there, but she suddenly realized she was going the wrong way and was attempting a U-turn. I heard the ABS "chirp chirp chirp" from the car behind me they broke HARD to avoid running into the back of me.

3: is not so bad, just an asshat. Sitting at a light to make a left. This intersection has turning lanes, so I am facing my counterpart going the other way. He is sitting there with his highbeams on. So I gently tapped mine to let him know he was blinding me. He proceeds to turn on his LED light bars. One on the bumper and one above the roof to REALLY blind me.

Knurled.
11/6/17 7:39 p.m.

I had a rant but mad_machine's rant number 3 makes it pale in comparison so I won't bother.

LED light bars are the new camo paint for announcing to the world that one is an asshat.

eastside Utah John Cougar Montana
eastside Utah John Cougar Montana UltraDork
11/6/17 8:28 p.m.

In reply to Jumper K Balls :

Does disabling the motion smoothing setting change it from 120 Hz (or 240 Hz) down to 60 Hz?  If not, I’d suggest switching to 60 Hz manually.  Makes it seem less weird to me.

stanger_missle
stanger_missle GRM+ Memberand Dork
11/6/17 9:03 p.m.
stanger_missle said:

What is it with family members trying to hook you up with people they know?

My aunt is bugging me to meet the younger sister of one of her friends.

I'm skeptical, to say the least.

I dunno, maybe I shouldn't be such a cynical shiny happy person. I don't have much trust in the opposite sex after my divorce sad.

Welp, apparently I'm meeting her Wednesday night. She's 34, just divorced, is a CNA and has 3 kids.

My dad apparently talked to my aunt and passed this great piece of intel to me: "Well, she's not a 10 but not a zero either."

Thanks pop indecision

1 ... 703 704 705 706 707 ... 2016

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
DlJCQXRa7K5yuYjsq8rPHE8PxsfiylShfwISdYGtVBRtRcPOKYvItE4x28ANhPmS