So.... maybe a 5 +/- smiley

personality matters

good luck

JamesMcD
JamesMcD SuperDork
11/6/17 9:51 p.m.
stanger_missle said:
stanger_missle said:

What is it with family members trying to hook you up with people they know?

My aunt is bugging me to meet the younger sister of one of her friends.

I'm skeptical, to say the least.

I dunno, maybe I shouldn't be such a cynical shiny happy person. I don't have much trust in the opposite sex after my divorce sad.

Welp, apparently I'm meeting her Wednesday night. She's 34, just divorced, is a CNA and has 3 kids.

My dad apparently talked to my aunt and passed this great piece of intel to me: "Well, she's not a 10 but not a zero either."

Thanks pop indecision

Please report back on Thursday. 

SnowMongoose
SnowMongoose SuperDork
11/7/17 12:21 a.m.

Pretty sure I'm glad that I've never had a family member try and set me up with anyone.  

Obligatory rant: brothers and I finally had 'the talk' with mom and stepdad about considering assisted living. 
So. Much. Fun.

Sine_Qua_Non
Sine_Qua_Non SuperDork
11/7/17 1:53 a.m.
SnowMongoose said:

Pretty sure I'm glad that I've never had a family member try and set me up with anyone.  

Obligatory rant: brothers and I finally had 'the talk' with mom and stepdad about considering assisted living. 
So. Much. Fun.

What? They can’t live with you?wink

not looking forward to that conversation when that day comes which is 20 years from now I hope. 

Sonic
Sonic UltraDork
11/7/17 6:37 a.m.

THe off topic forum here has too many stick threads at the top.   Harrumph. 

MazdaFace
MazdaFace Reader
11/7/17 6:46 a.m.

The gap between the amount of time my coffee maker takes to make coffee vs my patience for not having coffee is getting way too big. 

Ashyukun
Ashyukun GRM+ Memberand UltraDork
11/7/17 7:52 a.m.
Sine_Qua_Non said:
SnowMongoose said:

So. Much. Fun.

What? They can’t live with you?wink

My Grandmother (Dad's Mom) lived with my parents for about a year (she's otherwise always lived with my Aunt and her family, or at least within about 15 minutes of them). After she moved out (sooner than planned- she had thought she would stay for quite a while longer) my Mom said to me that if it ever got to the point that she asked to move in with me to remind her of her experience with my Grandmother and to find her someplace else to live. cheeky

alfadriver
alfadriver MegaDork
11/7/17 8:33 a.m.

Why do people expect personalized service when they work with a machine?

On a cruising site I'm part of, the computer based reservation system problems for some of the cruise companies is pretty well known.  And even when it's working, I've always found that calling someone is easier and faster.  But people complain that "customer service sucks" when they are doing the internet method.  But you are working with a machine, not a person. You choose the internet method which intentionally takes a person out of the loop, which, in theory, saves money.  In that desire to save money, you choose to work with a machine.  So don't be stunned when you get treated like a machine.

NickD
NickD SuperDork
11/7/17 9:28 a.m.

Ew. Snow.

dculberson
dculberson PowerDork
11/7/17 9:32 a.m.

In reply to alfadriver :

" cruising site " Maybe has a different connotation than you're intending. ;-)

alfadriver
alfadriver MegaDork
11/7/17 10:21 a.m.

In reply to dculberson :

Only if you want it to be.  To me, it's people on a large ship on vacation.  

Attention please, Honda Accord, mini-van, and mall dozer drivers who are driving along in traffic at, at best, 5 mph below the speed limit and at a constantly varying speed; you are crating a hazard to safe traffic flow. And, I am prepared to witness against you on the scene of the next accident you cause, with my new dashcam.

KyAllroad (Jeremy)
KyAllroad (Jeremy) PowerDork
11/7/17 12:10 p.m.
alfadriver said:

In reply to dculberson :

One doesn't rule out the other. 

Apple Cougar Mellonseed
Apple Cougar Mellonseed MegaDork
11/7/17 1:23 p.m.

I just assumed it was a fetish site for people who get off on popping hoods, listening to warbling p.a. doo-wop, and California dusters.

dculberson
dculberson PowerDork
11/7/17 1:32 p.m.
alfadriver said:

In reply to dculberson :

If it was "cruise ship website," maybe... "Cruising" does not turn up anything related to cruise ships until the 10th result on Google.

Datsun310Guy
Datsun310Guy UltimaDork
11/7/17 1:52 p.m.
fasted58 said:

In reply to stanger_missle :

personality matters

good luck

I make out in the dark but that’s just me.  At that point....2?, 5?, 10?   

KyAllroad (Jeremy)
11/7/17 2:27 p.m.
Datsun310Guy said:
fasted58 said:

personality matters

good luck

Three kids, she appealed to someone apparently.

And remember the two point rule, if you're a 5 as long as she's somewhere from a 3 to a 7 it works.

Ashyukun
Ashyukun GRM+ Memberand UltraDork
11/7/17 3:35 p.m.

Just got a frantic phone call from SWMBO that when she went out to leave from work she found that one of the tires on her SUV was pretty much completely flat and wanted to know what I thought she should do since she needed to be at work in 15 minutes. After deciding she didn't think that trying to reinflate it would be good she got mad when she asked for what she should do and I suggested calling a cab to get to work.

Look, even if I had driven and not ridden the bike (which I did today), I'm 15 minutes away at best- and if I HAD driven, it would likely have been in the Rampage which still doesn't have the passenger seat installed. If her SUV can't be moved, it's blocking the other cars in- and honestly none of them would I recommend for her to try driving anyway (DMC isn't registered/insured, the Jeep's tranny is still a crap shoot, and the Rampage's exhaust isn't hooked up and without the power steering she'd have a hell of a time driving it). If she had any practice at riding the scooter that would have been an option, but she hasn't had any interest in that to date... the best I could suggest unless she has a friend who could pick her up was to get a cab or Uber to work and I'd pick her up afterward.

I HAD been planning on trying to tackle the Rampage's front engine mount and/or the wastegate actuator pin- but it looks like I'll be figuring out what happened with her SUV's tire and getting it fixed/replaced (thankfully the place we got the tires is just down the road and open until 7 or so) instead. This is the second time we've had something similar happen (had a tire mysteriously go either flat or close to it)- and these tires are well under a year old. I didn't say anything to her about it, but from the pic she sent it looks to me like there may be punctures in the side wall- which is what happened last time... if that's what it is, I'm going to have to assume that it's not accidental... surprise

Duke
Duke MegaDork
11/7/17 4:06 p.m.
KyAllroad (Jeremy) said:
Datsun310Guy said:
fasted58 said:

personality matters

good luck

And remember the two point rule, if you're a 5 as long as she's somewhere from a 3 to a 7 it works.

I've always favored performance over styling, myself.

stanger_missle
stanger_missle GRM+ Memberand Dork
11/7/17 4:48 p.m.
KyAllroad (Jeremy) said:

Words to live by.

If I don't check in on Thursday, will somebody delete my browser history? cheeky

Knurled.
Knurled. GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
11/7/17 8:38 p.m.

I made some pretty significant specification errors when I had the axles built for my 9".

And I welded the lower link mounts on all wrong.

The axles go in with the pumpkin in place, now, so I at least put the ends on in the right spot.  The pinion's just not quite where I want to to be.

D'oh.

dropstep
dropstep SuperDork
11/7/17 11:35 p.m.

One more place to call tomorrow before i try junkyards for a manifold to downpipe flange.  either 151 bucks for a new downpipe or 159 for a pacesetter longtube header. Exspensive fix for a rusty flange!

SnowMongoose
SnowMongoose SuperDork
11/8/17 12:13 a.m.
NickD said:

Ew. Snow.

Hurtful.

KyAllroad (Jeremy)
11/8/17 4:11 a.m.

Insomnia.   Woke up at 4 am from a particularly vivid dream (a good one happily enough) but that was it for sleep.  Gonna make for a long day....

Brian Cougar neoncamp
Brian Cougar neoncamp MegaDork
11/8/17 5:30 a.m.

In reply to KyAllroad (Jeremy) :

My bladder had me up at 5. Going from 5 step between bed and toilet to opposite ends of the house really threw off my night time routine and now I hold it until I hit critical, usually around 5, then I can’t usually get back to sleep. And if I do it’s not for at least an hour or two. Thankfully I don’t work until 2. 

1 ... 704 705 706 707 708 ... 2016

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
u60UOqPDms7D6bynQGH6BxewHtxjOr14rZ94FYSagBP3hdVgmaqLEj5hu1bXLdTm