1 ... 705 706 707 708 709 ... 2016
MazdaFace
MazdaFace Reader
11/8/17 6:26 a.m.

In reply to Brian Cougar neoncamp :

Yea I don't ever sleep late either. If I somehow manage to sleep until 7 the gf is amazed. Usually I'm up making my coffee at 5:30 (which takes way too long)

WilD
WilD Dork
11/8/17 8:29 a.m.

My kitten plays rough, so now I have to go to work with a large bandaid on my hand.

Dusterbd13
Dusterbd13 MegaDork
11/8/17 8:38 a.m.

i pulled the calf muscle in my clutch leg. Hurts. 

wae
wae Dork
11/8/17 8:45 a.m.

We go play bar trivia most Tuesday nights.  All beers (and they've got a good selection) are two bucks each and it's usually a good time.  Last night, I left after 2 rounds of questions and one beer.  They had a fill-in trivia host who checked all the boxes:  crappy sound system [X]; volume absolutely maxed out [X]; mic feedback [X], and super annoying [X].  Despite the fact that you could hear the speakers very clearly all the way across the bar behind the closed doors of the bathrooms, he refused to drop the volume a single bit.  After about 5 minutes my ears were absolutely ringing and I stayed as long as I did only to finish and pay for my beer.  And I am not a person that typically complains about volume!

If I ever walk in and see that dude at the table again, I'm just turning around and walking out.

mtn
mtn MegaDork
11/8/17 8:47 a.m.
wae said:

We go play bar trivia most Tuesday nights.  All beers (and they've got a good selection) are two bucks each and it's usually a good time.  Last night, I left after 2 rounds of questions and one beer.  They had a fill-in trivia host who checked all the boxes:  crappy sound system [X]; volume absolutely maxed out [X]; mic feedback [X], and super annoying [X].  Despite the fact that you could hear the speakers very clearly all the way across the bar behind the closed doors of the bathrooms, he refused to drop the volume a single bit.  After about 5 minutes my ears were absolutely ringing and I stayed as long as I did only to finish and pay for my beer.  And I am not a person that typically complains about volume!

If I ever walk in and see that dude at the table again, I'm just turning around and walking out.

Tell the manager/owner of the bar. 

That really does ruin the evening--I'm not one to complain about the volume typically either--if the venue is correct for loud volume. Trivia is NOT. 

AWSX1686
AWSX1686 GRM+ Memberand Dork
11/8/17 9:02 a.m.

People complain about change. 

Apple Cougar Mellonseed
Apple Cougar Mellonseed MegaDork
11/8/17 9:18 a.m.

2 and a half hours to get down to the South side of Chicago. 2 and a motherberkeleyin'half. Why anyone is willing to drive to this E36 M3hole, on purpose,  everyday, is insane. 

mtn
mtn MegaDork
11/8/17 9:19 a.m.
Apple Cougar Mellonseed said:

2 and a half hours to get down to the South side of Chicago. 2 and a motherberkeleyin'half. Why anyone is willing to drive to this E36 M3hole, on purpose,  everyday, is insane. 

Where are you driving to, and where from?

Apple Cougar Mellonseed
11/8/17 9:43 a.m.

Crystal lake to Chinatown. I don't come down here enough to know all the tricks to avoid the jam, and I paid for it.

mtn
mtn MegaDork
11/8/17 10:23 a.m.

Crystal lake to Chinatown. I don't come down here enough to know all the tricks to avoid the jam, and I paid for it.

At the hour you went at, the trick is to take the train, and then an uber or the green line from Clinton to Cermak. Total cost will probably be about the same as your tolls and parking. 

Get some Dim Sum for me.

Apple Cougar Mellonseed
11/8/17 10:26 a.m.

There is no way I could take all the land survey equipment with me on a train. That's the catch.

Brian Cougar neoncamp
Brian Cougar neoncamp MegaDork
11/8/17 11:56 a.m.

I’m sure this has been said before, but reading a zombie thread and only realizing it when finding a post by curmudgeon or another late forum member. 

Datsun310Guy
Datsun310Guy UltimaDork
11/8/17 12:30 p.m.

Crystal Lake is far northwest and then Chinatown?   Maybe a 100 miles?   A big hike across Chicago suburbs too.  

Streetwiseguy
Streetwiseguy UltimaDork
11/8/17 12:44 p.m.
Brian Cougar neoncamp said:

I’m sure this has been said before, but reading a zombie thread and only realizing it when finding a post by curmudgeon or another late forum member. 

The storing marijuana thread?  Me too.

Karacticus
Karacticus GRM+ Memberand HalfDork
11/8/17 12:58 p.m.

Unsure if this is a minor rant or not, but got a preliminary good news/bad news assessment on the shoulder surgery I had last week.

Good news-- as the work done consisted solely of (a lot of) cleanup and debridement of the joint, you may be out of the sling next week!

Bad news-- there's pretty much no cartilage left in the jointsad

... get down to the South side of Chicago...

And now this is stuck in my head, that's all it takes

kazoospec
kazoospec SuperDork
11/8/17 1:06 p.m.

This: Sam's Club rolling out 3 lb cinnamon roll

See, a 3 lb. cinnamon roll is exactly why I can't belong to Sam's/Costco, etc.  I would buy it.  I would eat it. . . by myself.  And a 3 lb. cinnamon roll is almost twice what any adult ought to eat. 

NickD
NickD SuperDork
11/8/17 1:41 p.m.

I hate when people refer to themselves as a pet parent or dog mom or cat mom, etc. You didn't physically give birth to it, you aren't its parent. And if you did, then, uh, you got issues.

Apple Cougar Mellonseed
11/8/17 2:07 p.m.

"I love my grandogs." That's a berkeleyed up statement if you really think about it. Is saying you love your dogs not good enough? 

NickD
NickD SuperDork
11/8/17 2:12 p.m.

"I love my grandogs." That's a berkeleyed up statement if you really think about it. Is saying you love your dogs not good enough? 

If someone said that near me, I'd ask if they loved their daughter as much for giving birth to a dog.

Also, on the subject of annoying pet owners, why do some feel the need to mention that it's a rescue dog constantly. Some of them its like "Rescue" is the breed. "What kind of dog is that?" "Oh, it's a rescue" is an interaction I've had. I don't care that you're getting some sort of karmic credit for adopting a rescue dog, I want to know the berkeleying breed

RX Reven'
RX Reven' GRM+ Memberand Dork
11/8/17 2:25 p.m.

Sports fanatics are far and away worse…”WE WON!!!”

Um, noooo, you sat on your ginormous a$$ for several hours dropping thousands of calories worth of chips and beer while watching others display incredible drive and talent.  

NickD said:

If someone said that near me, I'd ask if they loved their daughter as much for giving birth to a dog.

Also, on the subject of annoying pet owners, why do some feel the need to mention that it's a rescue dog constantly. Some of them its like "Rescue" is the breed. "What kind of dog is that?" "Oh, it's a rescue" is an interaction I've had. I don't care that you're getting some sort of karmic credit for adopting a rescue dog, I want to know the berkeleying breed

2 thumbs up on that, Nick. And this is coming from someone who has "rescued" pug from the city shelter, and who has acquired a papered German Shepherd pup (now at 55 pounds at only 19 weeks old, he's gonna be HYOOGE!!!!) who will be starting Rescue Dog training in a few months.

FYI, I love to respond to the better-than-you-because-rescued-it from-the-pound types with, "Really? What sort of Rescue work is he trained for???" This is especially entertaining with the small breeds devil

ThunderCougarFalconGoat
ThunderCougarFalconGoat HalfDork
11/8/17 2:55 p.m.

In reply to NickD :

Or maybe they are saying its a rescue because they don't know the type of 'breed' it is, or particularly care.  Its only a slightly more accurate statement than saying its a 'dog' breed.

NickD
NickD SuperDork
11/8/17 3:02 p.m.

In reply to ThunderCougarFalconGoat :

That's sometimes the case, but I'm talking about the ones who have to tell you that it is a rescue dog. Kinda like the people who have to tell you that they drive a hybrid, or that they are a vegan or that they are a good *insert religion of choice* because it is like it makes them better than you

Apple Cougar Mellonseed
11/8/17 3:09 p.m.

Kind of like someone who is into cross-fit. How do you know they're into cross-fit? Oh, don't worry, they'll tell you in less than 2 minutes. 

1 ... 705 706 707 708 709 ... 2016

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
eEvUbuSU0bpaSWcikPSYvtUwmk7gzWT9tu5nnzFtqygqEGhAAU9tKYI4BjdrJc0F