1 2
gamby
gamby SuperDork
1/27/09 9:46 a.m.

ZOMG!!!11!

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-1127714/EXCLUSIVE-The-drivers-Top-Gear-stunt-driver-The-Stigs-famous-racing-whites.html

hotrodlarry
hotrodlarry New Reader
1/27/09 9:56 a.m.

You can buy the "I am the stig" t shirts online...

http://www.officialproducts.co.uk/section.php?xSec=2

4cylndrfury
4cylndrfury Reader
1/27/09 10:02 a.m.

woah, apparently the Stig is 11 feet tall...just look at him in that pic...how the berkley does he fit into anything with a cage or any coupe?!?!?!

neon4891
neon4891 SuperDork
1/27/09 10:04 a.m.

"...And if it wasn't for you meddeling kids..."

Ian_F
Ian_F New Reader
1/27/09 10:28 a.m.

Meh... I've suspected there was more than one Stig since I first started watching the show. It just seemed to make the most sense. I don't really care. When I watch Top Gear, The Stig will always be the super-human, wonder-driver he's supposed to be. I don't want to know who he is. It would take away the fun. Not that I haven't speculated over who the Stig's "Fat American Cousin" is...

NYG95GA
NYG95GA Dork
1/27/09 10:51 a.m.

It's a lot like professional wrestling, where the same masked fighters had different body sizes and tattoos, etc, from week to week, depending on the venue. It's a secret identity thing, and not subject to the rules of honesty. Never has been; never will be. This is old news; suprised more of y'all didn't already know.

Oh, by the way, Stig lives at my house.

neon4891
neon4891 SuperDork
1/27/09 11:12 a.m.
hotrodlarry wrote: You can buy the "I am the stig" t shirts online... http://www.officialproducts.co.uk/section.php?xSec=2

Don't wear one to an autoX unless you have the talent to back it up.

Salanis
Salanis SuperDork
1/27/09 11:18 a.m.
NYG95GA wrote: Oh, by the way, Stig lives at my house.

I thought Stig lived with the Schroeders. Are you babysitting?

P71
P71 GRM+ Memberand HalfDork
1/27/09 11:53 a.m.

I want a

"I'm the Fat American Stig"

shirt.

Per Schroeder
Per Schroeder Technical Editor/Advertising Director
1/27/09 1:34 p.m.

I was told that the Fat American Stig was Andrew Caddell.

Per (Stig's dad)

John Brown
John Brown GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
1/27/09 2:26 p.m.

I thought it was Tony Stewart, or Wally.

friedgreencorrado
friedgreencorrado New Reader
1/27/09 4:28 p.m.
Per Schroeder wrote: I was told that the Fat American Stig was Andrew Caddell. Per (Stig's dad)

They filmed that segment at Moroso, didn't they?

(And I'm old enough to remember when it was called PBIR the first time..)

EastCoastMojo
EastCoastMojo GRM+ Memberand Dork
1/27/09 4:42 p.m.

I thought the Stig was Margie.

John Brown
John Brown GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
1/27/09 4:52 p.m.

A girl would ;)

EastCoastMojo
EastCoastMojo GRM+ Memberand Dork
1/27/09 5:00 p.m.

The tongue on this smiley is not sticking out far enough.

Per Schroeder
Per Schroeder Technical Editor/Advertising Director
1/27/09 6:03 p.m.
friedgreencorrado wrote:
Per Schroeder wrote: I was told that the Fat American Stig was Andrew Caddell. Per (Stig's dad)
They filmed that segment at Moroso, didn't they? (And I'm old enough to remember when it was called PBIR the first time..)

Yep.

P71
P71 GRM+ Memberand HalfDork
1/27/09 7:53 p.m.

Someone needs to make

"I'm the Stig's dad"

shirt for Per.

friedgreencorrado
1/27/09 9:52 p.m.
EastCoastMojo wrote: I thought the Stig was Margie.

Marjorie is busy running the magazine while Tim & Tommy play with the Spitfire.

If the Stig is concave, rather than convex, I'll bet 20 Euros that it's the return of Linda Pobst. Or Sabine Schmitz, since she & the Top Gear staff have a `previous history' (pun intended, but not implied.. ).

Q: What do boys like more than girls? A: Girls who like cars.

HappyAndy
HappyAndy Reader
1/27/09 9:56 p.m.

I think all the stigs should all get together as a 24 hrs of lemons team

Mental
Mental SuperDork
1/28/09 10:44 a.m.

I watched my DVR'd copy of Top gear last night, apparently Sabine Schimdt has a German version of Top Gear, they have a journalist and a pro touring car driver as co hosts. The three challenged the Brits to a series of challenges. The jokes were great and the trio showed up in a three ship of 2 WWII Spitfires and a Hurricane.

The last challenge was a racing 911 vs a racing Austin Martin. They introduced James May to drive and the Stig comes out. Sabine calls BS claiming he lost 30 kilos and got a haircut in 5 minutes while Jeremey and Richard insist no one talks to him while he is "in the zone." It was great.

friedgreencorrado
1/28/09 5:23 p.m.
Mental wrote: I watched my DVR'd copy of Top gear last night, apparently Sabine Schimdt has a German version of Top Gear, they have a journalist and a pro touring car driver as co hosts. The three challenged the Brits to a series of challenges. The jokes were great and the trio showed up in a three ship of 2 WWII Spitfires and a Hurricane. The last challenge was a racing 911 vs a racing Austin Martin. They introduced James May to drive and the Stig comes out. Sabine calls BS claiming he lost 30 kilos and got a haircut in 5 minutes while Jeremey and Richard insist no one talks to him while he is "in the zone." It was great.

They just get better and better, eh? I finally saw the one where they let James drive the Bugatti Veyron at top speed. `Captain Slow' is now the fastest one of them all.

gamby
gamby SuperDork
1/28/09 7:21 p.m.
Mental wrote: I watched my DVR'd copy of Top gear last night, apparently Sabine Schimdt has a German version of Top Gear, they have a journalist and a pro touring car driver as co hosts. The three challenged the Brits to a series of challenges. The jokes were great and the trio showed up in a three ship of 2 WWII Spitfires and a Hurricane. The last challenge was a racing 911 vs a racing Austin Martin. They introduced James May to drive and the Stig comes out. Sabine calls BS claiming he lost 30 kilos and got a haircut in 5 minutes while Jeremey and Richard insist no one talks to him while he is "in the zone." It was great.

I don't mind waiting to see them on TV. That cinematography deserves to be on a full-sized screen rather than on a monitor.

I thought the bit w/ the German version of Top Gear was a joke--maybe not. Sabine would be an ideal hostess, though.

That whole episode was a riot.

aussiesmg
aussiesmg Dork
1/28/09 7:47 p.m.

I picked up a 73" screen just to watch Top Gear, seriously

NYG95GA
NYG95GA Dork
1/28/09 8:54 p.m.
Salanis wrote:
NYG95GA wrote: Oh, by the way, Stig lives at my house.
I thought Stig lived with the Schroeders. Are you babysitting?

Yeah, I have to keep him on a chain. Here's a pic of him with my NYG Neon sedan.

P71
P71 GRM+ Memberand Dork
1/28/09 10:15 p.m.

Where'd you get that!!!?!?!? I had to make one for my 1/18th scale Ferrari collection!

1 2

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
8OvsqXcRtnHuovLcajFzxLDJY7C33ZQHbniJ9qmZaJN8pXmGXXKUw4bYxCboAo8b