1 2 3
Blitzed306
Blitzed306 Reader
3/7/13 7:38 a.m.

I heard this on the way into work just now, Kinda freaked me out. http://www.foxnews.com/world/2013/03/07/north-korea-vows-nuclear-attack-on-us-ahead-un-sanctions-vote/

Discuss

914Driver
914Driver MegaDork
3/7/13 7:40 a.m.

Before this gets slammed for being Political.......

With all the subs we have, it won't end well.

spitfirebill
spitfirebill UltraDork
3/7/13 7:41 a.m.

I thought Rodman had straightened it all out.

N Sperlo
N Sperlo UltimaDork
3/7/13 7:42 a.m.

The report is funny, knowing how many prepared nukes we have not only on submarines, but also in silos.

Not a smart move, Kim.

N Sperlo
N Sperlo UltimaDork
3/7/13 7:43 a.m.
spitfirebill wrote: I thought Rodman had straightened it all out.

He also said Kim was a good guy. Apparently not everything the media reports is true....

z31maniac
z31maniac PowerDork
3/7/13 7:52 a.m.

RRRRiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiigggghhhht.

Just upping the rhetoric because he's eating all the food that should go to the commoners.

Giant Purple Snorklewacker
Giant Purple Snorklewacker MegaDork
3/7/13 7:57 a.m.

There is a guy who pushes a shopping cart full of crap around town here... he occasionally screams obscenities and threats at passer-byes. He has been around for years, no one takes him seriously.

Spoolpigeon
Spoolpigeon Dork
3/7/13 7:59 a.m.

Hans Brix!! Row no!!!!

Jerry
Jerry Reader
3/7/13 8:10 a.m.

Team America berkeley YEAH!

PHeller
PHeller UltraDork
3/7/13 8:16 a.m.

Even using an ICBM, they wouldn't stand a chance against the continental US. We've got multiple methods of shooting down stuff.

They may have luck aiming for South Korea/US Military bases, but our intelligence of that small country is so good I don't think they'd be able to stage a missile without us knowing.

Not really scary. Its like when a little dog acts all tough. Annoying, yes, but when bark comes to bite, he's going to be the one paying for his aggression.

GameboyRMH
GameboyRMH GRM+ Memberand UltimaDork
3/7/13 8:17 a.m.

LOL I was starting to think Kim Jong Un wouldn't live up to his dad's legacy as a crazy dictator, but he doesn't disappoint.

Sky_Render
Sky_Render Dork
3/7/13 8:22 a.m.

I so ronery.

tuna55
tuna55 UberDork
3/7/13 8:22 a.m.
PHeller wrote: Not really scary. Its like when a little dog acts all tough. Annoying, yes, but when bark comes to bite, he's going to be the one paying for his aggression.

Ten years ago I would agreed. Now I think we're a giant pansy, and he may get his way.

Curmudgeon
Curmudgeon MegaDork
3/7/13 8:23 a.m.
GameboyRMH wrote: LOL I was starting to think Kim Jong Un wouldn't live up to his dad's legacy as a crazy dictator, but he doesn't disappoint.

This. Like father, like son.

But I think even that nutcase realizes that those nighttime pics of a dark North Korea would be replaced by ones that glow green.

PHeller
PHeller UltraDork
3/7/13 8:25 a.m.

What, like Bin Laden got his way?

I'm sure even our anti-war Secretary of State would have no problems dropping a few non-nukes on the NK.

Just gotta ride that fine between humanitarian intervention and pissing off the reds.

Sky_Render
Sky_Render Dork
3/7/13 8:27 a.m.

I thought the use of WMDs was supposed to be replied to in kind? Or have I read too many Tom Clancy novels?

oldsaw
oldsaw PowerDork
3/7/13 8:29 a.m.

The NoKo's throw a tantrum every time they're about to get punished. Because they got away with it in the past, they've learned to do it every time since. The Chinese are a very patient people, but I wonder how much longer it is before they beotch slap their smart-mouth little brother.

We, in the US, should worry more about getting o-droned than receiving a bottle rocket from a man-boy named Kim.

Curmudgeon
Curmudgeon MegaDork
3/7/13 8:37 a.m.
Sky_Render wrote: I thought the use of WMDs was supposed to be replied to in kind? Or have I read too many Tom Clancy novels?

Nope, you are not dreaming. That's US policy. It's called 'proportional response' and not only states that a nuke attack will be answered in kind but it equates chemical/biological weapons with nukes.

Sky_Render
Sky_Render Dork
3/7/13 9:05 a.m.

And, interestingly, I just got an email from management that talks bout new requirements for business travel to South Korea...

volvoclearinghouse
volvoclearinghouse Reader
3/7/13 9:11 a.m.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/world/asia_pacific/north-korea-threatens-nuclear-strike-against-aggressors/2013/03/07/1a1e1ada-8726-11e2-999e-5f8e0410cb9d_story.html

UN supposed to vote at 10AM today. Anyone hear how it went yet? Any suspicious looking barges spotted floating up the Potomac?

4cylndrfury
4cylndrfury MegaDork
3/7/13 9:42 a.m.

mtn
mtn PowerDork
3/7/13 9:46 a.m.

Nah, this one won't get locked. I think everyone is pretty much in agreement that Kim Jong Un is a whack.

Jerry
Jerry Reader
3/7/13 9:47 a.m.

In reply to Curmudgeon:

With your avatar, talking about US policy....... Ok, who will be riding the bomb out of the plane?? WOOO hoooo!!!

RossD
RossD UberDork
3/7/13 9:51 a.m.

"I got your weapons of mass destruction right here!"

spitfirebill
spitfirebill UltraDork
3/7/13 10:00 a.m.

You have to admit they have some snappy parades.

1 2 3

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
ZiMJbrxhUSdXDEGV8rnNIXzCeldXxz9rcztnVaRKZhSGhu1MykayZ3AvmkUDZgCj