1 2 3
tuna55
tuna55 UberDork
3/7/13 12:40 p.m.
aircooled wrote: Major T. J. "King" Kong: Well, boys, we got three engines out, we got more holes in us than a horse trader's mule, the radio is gone and we're leaking fuel and if we was flying any lower why we'd need sleigh bells on this thing... but we got one little budge on them Rooskies. At this height why they might harpoon us but they dang sure ain't gonna spot us on no radar screen!

best quote of the movie

Karl La Follette
Karl La Follette SuperDork
3/7/13 1:07 p.m.

Just like the big plastic bottle reef floating in the pacific soon come the north korean reef of bloated bodies

holiday in florida vid

Will
Will Dork
3/7/13 1:09 p.m.

Dr. Strangelove: Sir! I have a plan!

[standing up from his wheelchair]

Dr. Strangelove: Mein Führer! I can walk!

HiTempguy
HiTempguy UltraDork
3/7/13 1:32 p.m.
Curmudgeon wrote: No missile needed. All they need to do is buy a decent size fishing boat, stuff a warhead in the cabin area then park it in a marina.

Ding.

Cone_Junky
Cone_Junky Dork
3/7/13 1:35 p.m.
carguy123 wrote: Can you imagine the field day the press and liberals would have after we dropped some kind of nuke, regardless of provocation? The arm chair quarterbacks would always be able to figure out a better way - in hindsight.

And here is the flounder looking for the lock

This is why we can't have nice things...

oldsaw
oldsaw PowerDork
3/7/13 1:46 p.m.

In reply to Cone_Junky:

Or, one could just stfu and ignore provocative posts......

Just sayin'

bastomatic
bastomatic SuperDork
3/7/13 1:51 p.m.

Cone_Junky
Cone_Junky Dork
3/7/13 1:54 p.m.

Dusting off the patio furniture and raising the umbrella to enjoy our newly poured patio. It is a nice day to sip a cold drink in the shade.

Jerry
Jerry Reader
3/7/13 2:18 p.m.

YEEEE HAAAAA! YEEEEEEEEEEHHAAAAAAAAAAAA!! WOOOOOOOO!

pilotbraden
pilotbraden SuperDork
3/7/13 2:25 p.m.

General "Buck" Turgidson gets excited .

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UxLe8MWdWe0

One of my favorite parts, "frying chickens in the barnyard"

Mmadness
Mmadness New Reader
3/7/13 5:39 p.m.

In reply to the Utopian Nations (UN) and CNN: Why is North Korea going to start obeying the UN now?

Racer1ab
Racer1ab HalfDork
3/7/13 5:59 p.m.
tuna55 wrote:
AngryCorvair wrote: ok, i'm lame, what movie?
Stop what you're doing, go to a store, purchase Dr. Strangelove, watch 2 or 3 times and come back when you're done.

It's also on YouTube if you're a cheap bastard, like I certainly am.

Streetwiseguy
Streetwiseguy UltraDork
3/7/13 6:04 p.m.

Dr Strangelove really is one of those films that everyone with a brain should watch.

As to Korea, if they lob a scud our direction, I'd bet the Red Chinese will put Kim down like a dog. What would happen to their market if he accidentally hit a Walmart Superstore?

EvanB
EvanB GRM+ Memberand PowerDork
3/7/13 6:29 p.m.

I was listening to cake when I opened this thread and just then "I bombed Korea" came on.

Curmudgeon
Curmudgeon MegaDork
3/7/13 8:21 p.m.
pilotbraden wrote: One of my favorite parts, "frying chickens in the barnyard"

Fun fact: Peter Sellers was to have played 4 parts: the President, Dr. Strangelove, Captain Mandrake and Major Kong. He fell out of the cockpit set and broke his leg, thus clearing the way for Slim Pickens to do Major Kong and that's how Dr. Strangelove wound up in the wheelchair.

Anti-stance
Anti-stance UltraDork
3/7/13 8:55 p.m.
article said: At a mass rally in Pyongyang on Thursday, Army Gen. Kang Pyo Yong told the crowd that North Korea is ready to fire long-range nuclear-armed missiles at Washington.

As realistic a threat as feeding their own people.

Appleseed
Appleseed PowerDork
3/7/13 9:47 p.m.

This IS actually a movie. Haves anyone seen the Red Dawn remake? North Korea thinks its a documentary.

novaderrik
novaderrik UltraDork
3/7/13 10:00 p.m.
oldsaw wrote: In reply to Cone_Junky: Or, one could just stfu and ignore provocative posts...... Just sayin'

are you new to the internet?

novaderrik
novaderrik UltraDork
3/7/13 10:03 p.m.
aircooled wrote: Major T. J. "King" Kong: Well, boys, we got three engines out, we got more holes in us than a horse trader's mule, the radio is gone and we're leaking fuel and if we was flying any lower why we'd need sleigh bells on this thing... but we got one little budge on them Rooskies. At this height why they might harpoon us but they dang sure ain't gonna spot us on no radar screen!

hey, it's the "what in the wide world of sports is a goin' on out here? I pay you to lay tracks, not dance around like a bunch of Kansas City (fairies)" guy...

friedgreencorrado
friedgreencorrado PowerDork
3/7/13 11:18 p.m.
novaderrik wrote: hey, it's the "what in the wide world of sports is a goin' on out here? I pay you to lay tracks, not dance around like a bunch of Kansas City (fairies)" guy...

Dude..all that, and more.
http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0001620/

yamaha
yamaha UltraDork
3/7/13 11:43 p.m.

In reply to Appleseed:

They should have made the homefront story line that movie......I personally would love to see its story line in an open world sandbox game like fallout or skyrim.........that would be full of epic win.

Hungary Bill
Hungary Bill GRM+ Memberand HalfDork
3/8/13 5:36 a.m.
Racer1ab wrote:
tuna55 wrote:
AngryCorvair wrote: ok, i'm lame, what movie?
Stop what you're doing, go to a store, purchase Dr. Strangelove, watch 2 or 3 times and come back when you're done.
It's also on YouTube if you're a cheap bastard, like I certainly am.

I got my copy from the "free DVD" bin at the "Family Center" here in Hungary. If you'd have heard me you'd have thought I won the lottery

slantvaliant
slantvaliant SuperDork
3/8/13 8:50 a.m.
Giant Purple Snorklewacker wrote: There is a guy who pushes a shopping cart full of crap around town here... he occasionally screams obscenities and threats at passer-byes. He has been around for years, no one takes him seriously.

Does he have a nuke? KJU does.

4cylndrfury
4cylndrfury MegaDork
3/8/13 9:19 a.m.
slantvaliant wrote:
Giant Purple Snorklewacker wrote: There is a guy who pushes a shopping cart full of crap around town here... he occasionally screams obscenities and threats at passer-byes. He has been around for years, no one takes him seriously.
Does he have a nuke? KJU does.

Africa has malaria carrying mosquitoes... Im more worried about them getting here than Kim Jong Whackadoodles nukes

1 2 3

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
DRtDh76HaudBTGyInhMVBfPgKFZ0P6hOjqA9meTEyTyctWejWolRmo12LPeraiEU