David S. Wallens
David S. Wallens Editorial Director
5/28/24 4:51 p.m.

Just announced: a U.S. tour featuring the classic lineup, including Dave Navarro. 

Yup, tickets purchased.

David S. Wallens
5/28/24 4:58 p.m.

And a band I have never seen and kinda ignored back in the day. I guess I was more in the Soundgarden camp, if that make any sense. 

But always dug the grooves and his voice. It had a haunting quality to it. 

Not too long ago, actually had a short Twitter exchange with Farrell regarding band members cool enough to wear shorts on stage back in the day. He did, yes, but had to add Anthrax to that list. (I still don’t count Angus Young as that’s more as a uniform than for comfort.) 

David S. Wallens
5/28/24 5:01 p.m.

Also, Farrell shared a presale code on his IG. It worked. :) 

John Welsh
John Welsh Mod Squad
5/28/24 5:03 p.m.

Juana's Addicción!

David S. Wallens
5/28/24 5:35 p.m.

And, of course, this will be going through my head until then: “I’ll be damned, it’s Dave Navarro.”

Appleseed
Appleseed MegaDork
5/28/24 8:36 p.m.

Stop.

NOW GOOOOOooooo!

David S. Wallens
5/28/24 9:45 p.m.

In reply to Appleseed :

Well done, well done. 

Duke
Duke MegaDork
5/28/24 10:04 p.m.

I actually passed up the chance to see Love & Rockets earlier this year.  Kinda wish I hadn't, but I'm trying to decide if I want to see this show just to catch them as openers.

FWIW Navarro cites Daniel Ash as a huge influence on his guitar playing.

David S. Wallens
5/28/24 10:19 p.m.

Pretty cool on the Dave Navarro/Daniel Ash influence. Haven’t seen Love and Rockets, either, but it’s not like I’ll ever get another chance. Never saw Bauhaus, but they broke up a little too early for me. 

Duke
Duke MegaDork
5/28/24 10:21 p.m.

In reply to David S. Wallens :

I actually prefer L&R to Bauhaus.  Better songwriting and less Peter Murphy.  I saw Bauhaus open for NIN about 15(?) years ago.

But the original Jane's lineup is awesome.  Might have to seriously think about this.

David S. Wallens
5/29/24 9:21 a.m.

In reply to Duke :

FWIW, I like Peter Murphy’s voice.

Looks at left monitor.

Sees Bauhaus currently cued up.

Duke
Duke MegaDork
5/29/24 10:25 a.m.

In reply to David S. Wallens :

Oh, I listened to a lot of Bauhaus in my formative years... enough that I think I wore that part of my brain out a bit.

But, yeah, I think my coworkers may need to hear Ocean Size at an annoying volume today.

David S. Wallens
5/29/24 10:45 a.m.

There’s something about Bauhaus. The darkness of the music, the warble of his voice.

Anyway, back to listening to Cannonball Adderley right now.

So, speaking of old bands on tour, last night my wife asked about the Violent Femmes show. I saw them way back in the day. 

glueguy (Forum Supporter)
glueguy (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand Dork
5/29/24 10:50 a.m.

There is a new streaming documentary about Lollapalooza.  Lots of Perry Farrell interviews and clips of early Jane's music.

procainestart
procainestart SuperDork
5/29/24 10:50 a.m.

I mean, cynically:

Cash in now, honey

Cash in now

On the other hand, they didn't play when I went to Lollapalooza a kazillion years ago, so I guess now's my chance. 

​​​Regardless, Three Days is about a minute in at my house, ~9 more to go, and it's just as awesome as it was in 1990.​​​

AngryCorvair (Forum Supporter)
AngryCorvair (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
5/29/24 10:55 a.m.

Maybe only slightly on-topic: Like many, I discovered Jane's through Ritual, an album which takes me to a great place and time in my life. Loss, discovery, responsibility, growth, more loss, change, independence, all that. I've never seen them, so I'll probably catch this tour somewhere.

AngryCorvair (Forum Supporter)
AngryCorvair (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
5/29/24 11:01 a.m.
David S. Wallens said:

Just announced: a U.S. tour featuring the classic lineup, including Dave Navarro. 

Yup, tickets purchased.

0:35 I still dance like that 

David S. Wallens
5/29/24 11:08 a.m.

In reply to AngryCorvair (Forum Supporter) :

Oh, totally. That’s the Dig. 

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
pekhNRyfqEMXlr3BdpgpVRJE5zRVqXhTz7ntO2sRYGcikIm3CB7UtFf576BB3qwD