1 2 3 4
DukeOfUndersteer
DukeOfUndersteer PowerDork
5/3/12 8:58 p.m.
Anti-stance wrote:
DukeOfUndersteer wrote:
DrBoost wrote: Can we ban Ohio?
After I leave, i'm all for this!

Time to dig the Corrado out of storage and go to the track?

jrw1621
jrw1621 PowerDork
5/3/12 9:00 p.m.

Sorry to hear that or congratulations, whichever fits.

DukeOfUndersteer
5/3/12 9:09 p.m.
jrw1621 wrote: Sorry to hear that or congratulations, whichever fits.

Thank you. Haha. Just wasn't meant to be for me up here. A lot of just personal stuff, my girlfriend doesnt want to move up, ect. But Brad has been nothing but a great host and buddy.

jrw1621
jrw1621 PowerDork
5/3/12 9:14 p.m.

Do you always call him Butt Brad?

DukeOfUndersteer
5/3/12 9:19 p.m.
jrw1621 wrote: Do you always call him Butt Brad?

:instantrimshot:

EastCoastMojo
EastCoastMojo GRM+ Memberand UberDork
5/3/12 10:49 p.m.

Welcome back to the Southland.

mad_machine
mad_machine GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
5/4/12 6:34 a.m.
DukeOfUndersteer wrote:
jrw1621 wrote: Are you leaving?
Yep, going back to Georgia in aboot a month.

Sure you are not in canda?

Curmudgeon
Curmudgeon MegaDork
5/4/12 7:12 a.m.

http://www.charlestoncitypaper.com/charleston/ohioans-have-invaded-the-lowcountry-and-some-folks-wish-they-would-leave/Content?oid=1946300

dculberson
dculberson Dork
5/4/12 9:48 a.m.
mad_machine wrote:
DrBoost wrote: Can we ban Ohio?
no! We want them in Ohio.. not spread throughout the country. At least if they stay in Ohio, we will know where they are

No greater irony than that coming from someone in New Jersey.

mad_machine
5/4/12 9:51 a.m.

I hate to say it.. but living and working in a resort area... I do dread the ohioians..

dculberson
dculberson Dork
5/4/12 9:57 a.m.

Everybody needs to have an outgroup to exclude from their ingroup, I guess.

Ranger50
Ranger50 SuperDork
5/4/12 10:07 a.m.
Curmudgeon wrote: http://www.charlestoncitypaper.com/charleston/ohioans-have-invaded-the-lowcountry-and-some-folks-wish-they-would-leave/Content?oid=1946300

LOL! Sadly, that is everywhere Ohio goes. Just need to put up a giant fence around Ohio to keep them in.

Ranger50
Ranger50 SuperDork
5/4/12 10:07 a.m.
Curmudgeon wrote: http://www.charlestoncitypaper.com/charleston/ohioans-have-invaded-the-lowcountry-and-some-folks-wish-they-would-leave/Content?oid=1946300

LOL! Sadly, that is everywhere Ohio goes. Just need to put up a giant fence around Ohio to keep them in.

fasted58
fasted58 UltraDork
5/4/12 10:20 a.m.

I'm in Pa., should I drive around Ohio when I drive west then?

Curmudgeon
Curmudgeon MegaDork
5/4/12 12:53 p.m.
mad_machine wrote: I hate to say it.. but living and working in a resort area... I do dread the ohioians..

I've worked in the car bidness for a long time and you quickly learn which tags generally mean the occupants are going to be rude and generally cause trouble.

Numbah one: Ohio. Next: New York. Third: Florida (but generally those were snowbirds who were driving north to see family).

93EXCivic
93EXCivic UltimaDork
5/4/12 1:01 p.m.

I have nothing against Ohioians but OSU fans piss me off.

mndsm
mndsm UberDork
5/4/12 1:08 p.m.
Curmudgeon wrote:
mad_machine wrote: I hate to say it.. but living and working in a resort area... I do dread the ohioians..
I've worked in the car bidness for a long time and you quickly learn which tags generally mean the occupants are going to be rude and generally cause trouble. Numbah one: Ohio. Next: New York. Third: Florida (but generally those were snowbirds who were driving north to see family).

I work with people over the phone- NY shows up as the worst, followed closely by Connecticut and the rest of the east coast.

mad_machine
5/4/12 1:35 p.m.
Ranger50 wrote:

Sounds like a movie.. "Escape from Ohio"

DrBoost
DrBoost UberDork
5/4/12 2:36 p.m.

I just HATE travelling through Ohio. There's nothing to look at until you are seconds from leaving that bleak place. They all drive 10 UNDER the already low speed limits. It seems to defy physics, how can I drive at 65 miles per hour, for 4 hours and have only traveled 130 miles???

fasted58
fasted58 UltraDork
5/4/12 2:43 p.m.

dculberson
dculberson Dork
5/4/12 2:54 p.m.

Sounds like Ohio isn't missing much if you guys whine this much all the time. Sheesh.

My problem with driving here is the hyperactive highway patrol. That's why a lot of the people drive like chumps - we so much as blink wrong on the freeway and the po po pulls us over. A friend and I went on a trip to Toronto years ago, he refers to it as the "Mario Andretti Tour of Canada," since I was hitting, well, ludicrous speed on the freeways there .. and still being passed. On the way back, I got pulled over in Ohio for: my license plate light being out. Yay.

Anyway, there are problems everywhere, and everyone feels the need to pick on everyone else.

Michigan has E36 M3ty roads and E36 M3tier drivers that insist on passing on the right. New Jersey is full of guidos that flick you off for existing and stupid gas stations that make you wait 15 minutes 'till they fill your tank. I could go on but in general think it's more constructive to dwell on the positive. I get to drive 85mph in Michigan and still get passed - sometimes by the cops themselves! New Jersey has NJMP which is awesome.

Why whine when all it does it make you look bad?

Xceler8x
Xceler8x GRM+ Memberand UltraDork
5/4/12 3:15 p.m.
fast_eddie_72
fast_eddie_72 SuperDork
5/4/12 3:41 p.m.

Grew up in Ohio. Then I moved to Memphis, TN. Made Ohio look like a nice place. Then I moved to CA. Loved it there, but couldn't afford to stay. They have some problems. And, really, the congestion and traffic got pretty old. I'm in Denver now, and I have to say, I'm damn glad to be here.

dculberson
dculberson Dork
5/4/12 6:47 p.m.

Denver seems like a cool place to live!

mad_machine
5/4/12 8:21 p.m.
dculberson wrote: My problem with driving here is the hyperactive highway patrol. That's why a lot of the people drive like chumps - we so much as blink wrong on the freeway and the po po pulls us over. A friend and I went on a trip to Toronto years ago, he refers to it as the "Mario Andretti Tour of Canada," since I was hitting, well, ludicrous speed on the freeways there .. and still being passed. On the way back, I got pulled over in Ohio for: my license plate light being out. Yay.

If you think the Ohio highway patrol is bad with cars.. try driving commercial across ohio.. the radio was full of drivers pulled over for 1 mph over the limit. They simply do not cut the big trucks ANY slack

1 2 3 4

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
2OsGIFlUC52kZkJuBshc0KSh88VQVI1gzJkQVyPofshsJCwpk9DU3SOHYKWK0MMw