1 2
SyntheticBlinkerFluid
SyntheticBlinkerFluid UltimaDork
5/7/15 9:57 p.m.

So I'm enjoying the night air on my front porch. One of the main drags through town is 25 feet from my house.

It's nice and quiet, but then I hear a turbo spooling up as it's coming down the street. Oh what can it be?

An Ecoboost F-150.

Morbid
Morbid Reader
5/7/15 10:31 p.m.

Hahahahahahah!

Lately when I hear the telling brapbrapbrap of a flat four it's the newest neighborhood idiot with his ridiculously 'stanced' WRX that I'm honestly has survived this long against the pot-holes.

mndsm
mndsm MegaDork
5/7/15 10:46 p.m.

Lately all I get is stupid crotch rockets doing pulls on the highway in front of my apt.

Swank Force One
Swank Force One MegaDork
5/7/15 11:11 p.m.

Mustangs with straight pipes and sirens here 24/7.

gamby
gamby UltimaDork
5/7/15 11:53 p.m.

Latinos in beater Hondas/BMWs with loud exhausts around here.

Tactical Penguin
Tactical Penguin Dork
5/7/15 11:58 p.m.

Douchebag brodozers and Hardleytards disturb my sleep all...berkin'...day here.

mtn
mtn MegaDork
5/8/15 12:25 a.m.

Guy down the street from me just sold his 04 z06 today to make room for his cayman. So that is pretty neat. Next door neighbor has a minty automatic red 89 Corolla convertible. We have the e30 in my avatar. Guy across the street has a 55 Chevy, a 78 Mercedes convertible, and replaced his mairauder with an e series amg. Suburbs might be boring, but we get some cool cars.

bearmtnmartin
bearmtnmartin GRM+ Memberand Dork
5/8/15 12:31 a.m.

Dump trucks and tractors

former520
former520 Reader
5/8/15 12:33 a.m.

Imagine the day when electric cars rule the road and you won't hear any of it again unless someone breaks out the classic, or old fashion as my daughter calls them.

Lancer007
Lancer007 Dork
5/8/15 1:01 a.m.

We have a 55+ snowbird rv/mobile home place, an assisted living apartment and another 55+ community within 1/2 mile of us. There is also a fire station in the middle of all of them....so a least 5 times a night I can hear the ambulance going out on a call. Its not loud but it is noticeable. We also have an active air force base, an air national guard base and an international airport too so planes are always in the background.

I remember when I grew up in small town Indiana and how quiet it was after dinner. I'm kinda looking forward to the change of pace in West Virginia next month when we make that transition. I don't mind the noise but after being here for 20 years I feel like I'll really be able to appreciate a bit quieter place.

aircooled
aircooled MegaDork
5/8/15 3:03 a.m.

Some guy in my neighborhood has a cobra kit car he drives by a lot on the weekends and I will hear the model T's a guy a few houses away has poping every once in a while. The guy who blasts over the house somewhat regularly in the P-51 at what must at least 80% power or one of the Commemorative Airforce planes based in Camarillo always makes me run out of the house.

So...no issues here.

dean1484
dean1484 GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
5/8/15 5:59 a.m.

Local gun range is around the corner. Gun fire does not bother me any more in fact I really don't hear it any more.

I was at a less than stellar housing project for work a year or so back and a couple of the locals decided it would be a good idea to settle things by shooting at each other. I was standing there wondering why people were running and ducking. Did not phase me that gun fire may be a problem.

chandlerGTi
chandlerGTi UltraDork
5/8/15 6:04 a.m.
bearmtnmartin wrote: Dump trucks and tractors

Yup, my uncle in law showed me around his new 2015 John Deere though as he was about to plant our fields. Tech out the wazoo.

Grtechguy
Grtechguy UltimaDork
5/8/15 6:15 a.m.
chandlerGTi wrote: Yup, my uncle in law showed me around his new 2015 John Deere though as he was about to plant our fields. Tech out the wazoo.

JD is having farmers trust issues now by not allowing "owners" to work on their own vehicles. Comes down to DRM issues on the software that runs the machine.

DaveEstey
DaveEstey PowerDork
5/8/15 7:43 a.m.

Neighbor has a Corvette he likes to fire up and rev in the garage. Another has a restored early 911.

They're both likely to be annoyed when I fire up the RX7 for the first time this weekend...

z31maniac
z31maniac UltimaDork
5/8/15 7:54 a.m.

I live in downtown Tulsa. There are only a cool few cars in the parking garage for our building.

New baby blue M4, a Lexus SC430 lowered on BBS wheels!, and my BRZ. Other than that it's all Audi's or SUVs.

chandlerGTi
chandlerGTi UltraDork
5/8/15 8:00 a.m.
Grtechguy wrote:
chandlerGTi wrote: Yup, my uncle in law showed me around his new 2015 John Deere though as he was about to plant our fields. Tech out the wazoo.
JD is having farmers trust issues now by not allowing "owners" to work on their own vehicles. Comes down to DRM issues on the software that runs the machine.

He said they buy new with a warranty and sell when the warranty is out. He has old tractors they work on but otherwise he gets to bill for down time....

Giant Purple Snorklewacker
Giant Purple Snorklewacker MegaDork
5/8/15 8:07 a.m.

Bro dozer diesels and harleytards with open pipes rule here as well. The occasional fart can honda still passes by but it's become a special treat rather than a common annoyance.

SilverFleet
SilverFleet UltraDork
5/8/15 8:09 a.m.

We have just about all of the above: Brodozers with stupid bed stacks, Subarus with cheap, loud, annoying exhaust, Mustangs of all types with extremely loud exhaust, and straight piped two wheel noisemakers with un-tuned carbs backfiring and farting all over the place. Sounds like a dragstrip full of brotards at any given time.

SyntheticBlinkerFluid
SyntheticBlinkerFluid UltimaDork
5/8/15 8:27 a.m.

Oh don't get me wrong, I get all the 20 y.o. Trucks with crappy exhaust, Semis, tractors, high crop sprayers, straight piped Harleys, etc during the day time.

But late at night, it's so quiet.

patgizz
patgizz GRM+ Memberand PowerDork
5/8/15 8:29 a.m.

i'm really sick of hearing turbos spool and looking over to see an f150. i want to see something cool when i hear that noise.

Giant Purple Snorklewacker
Giant Purple Snorklewacker MegaDork
5/8/15 8:29 a.m.

In reply to patgizz:

You mean cool like a Duramax?

bigdaddylee82
bigdaddylee82 Dork
5/8/15 8:32 a.m.

Next door neighbor to the north drives an early '70s 4 door Caprice "Donk" on 24" wheels, with aftermarket exhaust, he likes to let it idle at least 30 minutes before going anywhere. I don't complain because I make a lot of car noises too. However, I'm pretty sure he's a drug dealer, you can't miss the aroma, and there's a constant stream of random vehicles stopping by all hours of the day for 10-15 minutes at a time. So it's constant subwoofer bass, and car door slamming next door.

I can't wait to move.

T.J.
T.J. PowerDork
5/8/15 8:42 a.m.

I'm pretty sure on a regular day this time of year, I get more people passing my house on bicycles or walking their dogs than I do cars. There is a guy a little ways down the street with a leMans convertible in his garage that I see drive by occasionally and there are a couple harley types that make some noise. Other than that my Mini is about as loud as it gets on my street.

clutchsmoke
clutchsmoke Dork
5/8/15 9:06 a.m.

I hear sportbike inline 4s screaming all around the surrounding area when the weather is nice. Mostly after 5pm. The suburb I live in has to have the most motorcycles per capita than any other township in Illinois.

1 2

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
vJqLlra7jDr4nAfN7aas5QmvxpcekGcbB4E8yM23Q9LuUw0VXWN0nPHueZrqNByz