1 ... 9 10 11 12 13 ... 16
moparman76_69
moparman76_69 Dork
12/4/13 2:33 p.m.
DukeOfUndersteer wrote: Goth for Christ Troll??

Troll would be right, sounds like someone purposely trying to draw negative attention to Christianity to rebel against her "strict liberal christian" family. The "Goths for Christ" FB page was just started on July 18th and I'm sure she is the only person involved with it.

Remember there is no such thing as bad press. That website does not deserve all the traffic it is getting right now, it is full of articles designed to do exactly what is happening.

DrBoost
DrBoost PowerDork
12/4/13 3:07 p.m.

Autopsy report is out
http://www.usatoday.com/story/life/people/2013/12/04/paul-walker-roger-rodas-autopsy-complete/3866823/
"thermal injuries"
That sucks.

mndsm
mndsm UltimaDork
12/4/13 3:08 p.m.

So he was alive when the car went up, that's berkeleyin' terrible.

4cylndrfury
4cylndrfury MegaDork
12/4/13 3:38 p.m.
mndsm wrote: So he was alive when the car went up, that's berkeleyin' terrible.

this

sad

Lancer007
Lancer007 Reader
12/4/13 5:55 p.m.

Its the internet and people have to have a thicker skin to deal with trolls but that being said.....I really hope she gets Lou Gherig's Disease.

RX Reven'
RX Reven' GRM+ Memberand HalfDork
12/4/13 6:59 p.m.
Anti-stance wrote:
EastCoastMojo wrote: I can only hope that when I become an ex-parrot, there will be pages and pages of rumors on the interwebs about what kind of shenanigans I was up to directly prior to my demise. . And I want my grave marker to read, "Ran when parked", even if it's not 100% accurate.
I'd like mine to say "Died while trying to parallel park a Carrera GT"

Not car related but everyone around me knows I want mine to read “I told you guys I didn’t feel good”.

Also, after the born on – passed away on stuff, I want it to read “Let me help you with the math: XX years, XX months, XX days” as a convenience to any passerby and as a reference to my career.

hotrodlarry
hotrodlarry HalfDork
12/4/13 7:02 p.m.
PHeller wrote: In case anyone is interested: 25601 Hercules St Santa Clarita, CA 91355 is the site of the accident.

zoom into street view... looks like it was a popular place to hoon.

Lancer007
Lancer007 Reader
12/4/13 7:55 p.m.

On another internet forum a guy that lives nearby gave a detailed run down of the street this occured on. Along with the curve that would be easy to get up to speed on the lane reflectors are the big round bumpy ones that could really unsettle a car like that if the left side was under load and on the throttle...

Mazda787b
Mazda787b Reader
12/4/13 11:42 p.m.
unk577 wrote: Apparently she is on suicide watch. What a bitch. Thought that was given with her being Goth?

I may or may not be associated with the Facebook group who had a big hand in this (although I did not take part) if it is not just another stunt for page views.

Let's just say the many patrons of Woodward Avenue have never been able to come together over a topic before this. I've seen people in heated arguments over running 87 vs. 93 octane..

aircooled
aircooled UltimaDork
12/4/13 11:45 p.m.
aussiesmg
aussiesmg MegaDork
12/4/13 11:52 p.m.

In reply to aircooled:

Tastefully done

Strike_Zero
Strike_Zero SuperDork
12/5/13 12:15 a.m.

In reply to aircooled:

That was pretty good . . .

Appleseed
Appleseed UltimaDork
12/5/13 12:52 a.m.

Indeed.

linnjb
linnjb New Reader
12/5/13 1:15 a.m.

Great tribute. Sure hope they give him a good send off in #7. I Feel sorry for his family.

plance1
plance1 Dork
12/5/13 2:08 a.m.

In reply to Lancer007:

what "other" forum?

Lancer007
Lancer007 Reader
12/5/13 7:14 a.m.

In reply to plance1:

ar15.com

mazdeuce
mazdeuce SuperDork
12/5/13 7:18 a.m.

As someone who has been burned fairly badly, I hope that his injuries were bad enough that he was unconscious. One of my greatest fears is getting burned again.

JoeyM
JoeyM Mod Squad
12/5/13 10:28 a.m.
JoeyM wrote: BTW, from the Random Acts Of Kindness file: http://www.inquisitr.com/1051057/paul-walker-secretly-paid-for-engagement-ring-that-iraq-veteran-couldnt-afford/ http://www.cambio.com/2013/12/03/paul-walker-anonymously-bought-engagement-ring-for-soldier/ there must be some angle grinder dust in the room....

better link. We now have the name of the couple
http://losangeles.cbslocal.com/2013/12/03/paul-walkers-ring-purchase-speaks-volumes-of-his-character-couple-says/

mndsm
mndsm UltimaDork
12/5/13 10:45 a.m.

I prefer that 2nd link. The first one made the woman look extremely greedy.... the 2nd one makes me think PW might have egged them on. THATS pretty sweet right there.

PHeller
PHeller UberDork
12/5/13 11:04 a.m.

It will be tricky writing him out of F&F7. If I was the producer, or the family, or the fan, I'd want his good natured character to reflect on the good-natured actor.

However, as automotive enthusiasts and adrenaline junkies ourselves, we can't deny that Walker died doing something dangerous that he loved.

If they could somehow have it that Brian dies in a car crash in paradise in the period between 6 & 7, combined with Hans death, along with a speech by Dom illustrating the mortality of the "crew" and that speed (and cars) are the instruments by which this group lives and dies.

We'll still hate the bad guy played by Statham, who we know killed Han, but we'll also know that Brian's character died outside of all the excitement and action that the movies are known for.

I've kinda been hoping for a more realistic, down to earth Fast and Furious 7, so this would fit into that, but I'm sure it'll get all bungled up.

4cylndrfury
4cylndrfury MegaDork
12/5/13 12:25 p.m.

Its a shame that this guy lived this whole generous, humble, charitable life, and all this time, all we got out of TMZ and Entertainment tonight is a near constant stream of Kardashian fauxdrama and Lindsey Lohans newest drug binge. The more I find out about the way he lived his life, the more ashamed I am as a person that I didnt care until his death. He LIVED an example that many (most) of us could take a cue from.

Also, Im sure theres more to Rodas life story to tell as well, shame hes not in our thoughts, his family has lost just as much as walkers...

Cone_Junkie
Cone_Junkie SuperDork
12/5/13 12:26 p.m.
mndsm wrote: I prefer that 2nd link. The first one made the woman look extremely greedy.... the 2nd one makes me think PW might have egged them on. THATS pretty sweet right there.

Agreed. Unfortunately somebody was cleaning the shop with an air nozzle or something when I read that one. The dust in here is bothering my eyes...

DukeOfUndersteer
DukeOfUndersteer UltimaDork
12/5/13 1:36 p.m.

In reply to 4cylndrfury:

Posted this on my FB. Thank you.

Lancer007
Lancer007 Reader
12/5/13 2:00 p.m.

In reply to Cone_Junkie:

I thought my living room was the only one getting a little dusty

Adrian_Thompson
Adrian_Thompson PowerDork
12/5/13 3:21 p.m.

Wtf is wrong with these people? Why can't the nut jobs who go and shoot up schools and kill kids choose these guys to take their angst out on instead?

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/12/02/westboro-baptist-paul-walker_n_4372468.html

1 ... 9 10 11 12 13 ... 16

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
bogJcs7CBcJvaW6g9s8TZ8urh4bn5lu1xAeApQlQP39kaNxgMszNejdlty11Vh8d