1 ... 4 5 6 7
oldsaw
oldsaw SuperDork
12/22/11 3:20 p.m.
Xceler8x wrote: One party is so dead set on letting anything happen that they've contradicted themselves. That or they've finally shown they really only care about the rich. The contradiction being that they've said for 30 years they're all for tax cuts. Now they have one. Served on a silver platter. What happens? They turn up their noses because it's not a long enough term. WTF?!

That silver platter disappears in 60 days. If your olfactory senses are so acute, explain why a 365 day extension is unacceptable.

Bobzilla
Bobzilla SuperDork
12/22/11 3:23 p.m.
fast_eddie_72 wrote: In reply to Curmudgeon: That right there was brighter than a tin roof mid-day in July. And if folk was ta listen to ya, it's lible to get just about as hot for them politicians in Washington. I'm plum tired of it. Thing is, lookin' fur a compromise with Congressional DEMOCRATS is like a white-tailed deer huntin' fur Sassafras leaves in Januay. Puttin' them pigs in suits makes um slikcer than slatherin' um up with grease. 'Specially that Boehner. That ole boy's hide couldn't be tanned no more if'n you was to salt 'im, soak 'im and burry 'im in lime.

Yep... still works. It ain't just "one side" here folks. It;s ALL OF THEM. One side is just a little better at the "blame game".

Bobzilla
Bobzilla SuperDork
12/22/11 3:23 p.m.
fast_eddie_72 wrote: In reply to Curmudgeon: That right there was brighter than a tin roof mid-day in July. And if folk was ta listen to ya, it's lible to get just about as hot for them politicians in Washington. I'm plum tired of it. Thing is, lookin' fur a compromise with Congressional DEMOCRATS is like a white-tailed deer huntin' fur Sassafras leaves in Januay. Puttin' them pigs in suits makes um slikcer than slatherin' um up with grease. 'Specially that Boehner. That ole boy's hide couldn't be tanned no more if'n you was to salt 'im, soak 'im and burry 'im in lime.

Yep... still works. It ain't just "one side" here folks. It;s ALL OF THEM. One side is just a little better at the "blame game".

ThePhranc
ThePhranc Reader
12/22/11 3:25 p.m.
Xceler8x wrote: As part of the Senate bill both parties agreed to 38 billion in reductions. The Congressional Republicans shot that all to hell. The source for this info is the link I posted earlier

Congressional or House Republicans? If you say Congressional you contradict your self. You might want to clear that up otherwise you make it look like you don't know what you're talking about.

fast_eddie_72
fast_eddie_72 SuperDork
12/22/11 3:25 p.m.
oldsaw wrote: That silver platter disappears in 60 days. If your olfactory senses are so acute, explain why a 365 day extension is unacceptable.

Because of the pipeline?

That bill is so knee deep in pork ole' Chris Christie is a lickin' his chops and firin' up the stove! Its bar-b-que time, boys, and your payroll tax cut is tinder in the kiln!

fast_eddie_72
fast_eddie_72 SuperDork
12/22/11 3:27 p.m.
Bobzilla wrote: Yep... still works. It ain't just "one side" here folks. It;s ALL OF THEM. One side is just a little better at the "blame game".

No, see, you just changed the... But the Democrats have...

Yeah, whatever you say. Still works! Yee haw!

Wait, post it again. It's growing on me. But, uh, you should probably take out the part about Boehner. Say what you will about Nancy Pelosi, she's not all that tan.

oldsaw
oldsaw SuperDork
12/22/11 3:29 p.m.
fast_eddie_72 wrote: In reply to Curmudgeon: That right there was brighter than a tin roof mid-day in July. And if folk was ta listen to ya, it's lible to get just about as hot for them politicians in Washington. I'm plum tired of it. Thing is, lookin' fur a compromise with Congressional Republicans is like a white-tailed deer huntin' fur Sassafras leaves in Januay. Puttin' them pigs in suits makes um slikcer than slatherin' um up with grease. 'Specially that Boehner. That ole boy's hide couldn't be tanned no more if'n you was to salt 'im, soak 'im and burry 'im in lime.

Seems like them Blue Dog Democrats disappeared as quickly as the word "compromise" did in the Repub's vocabulary.

fast_eddie_72
fast_eddie_72 SuperDork
12/22/11 3:30 p.m.
ThePhranc wrote:
Xceler8x wrote: As part of the Senate bill both parties agreed to 38 billion in reductions. The Congressional Republicans shot that all to hell. The source for this info is the link I posted earlier
Congressional or House Republicans? If you say Congressional you contradict your self. You might want to clear that up otherwise you make it look like you don't know what you're talking about.

Ha! Busted on Semantics!

You got the civics lesson smack down! Shows how much you know! Your opinion is useless! Man, well played Phranc one! Impressive. You didn't have to actually talk about what they did at all! You totally Pwned him!

[Eddie Felson] Fat man, you shoot a great game of pool.

[Minnesota Fats] So do you, Fast Eddie.

oldsaw
oldsaw SuperDork
12/22/11 3:34 p.m.
fast_eddie_72 wrote:
oldsaw wrote: That silver platter disappears in 60 days. If your olfactory senses are so acute, explain why a 365 day extension is unacceptable.
Because of the pipeline? That bill is so knee deep in pork ole' Chris Christie is a lickin' his chops and firin' up the stove! Its bar-b-que time, boys, and your payroll tax cut is tinder in the kiln!

NOT because of the pipeline - because the Dems are just as corrupt as the Repubs in playing politics at the expense of compromise and progress.

fast_eddie_72
fast_eddie_72 SuperDork
12/22/11 3:36 p.m.
oldsaw wrote:
fast_eddie_72 wrote: In reply to Curmudgeon: That right there was brighter than a tin roof mid-day in July. And if folk was ta listen to ya, it's lible to get just about as hot for them politicians in Washington. I'm plum tired of it. Thing is, lookin' fur a compromise with Congressional Republicans is like a white-tailed deer huntin' fur Sassafras leaves in Januay. Puttin' them pigs in suits makes um slikcer than slatherin' um up with grease. 'Specially that Boehner. That ole boy's hide couldn't be tanned no more if'n you was to salt 'im, soak 'im and burry 'im in lime.
Seems like them Blue Dog Democrats disappeared as quickly as the word "compromise" did in the Repub's vocabulary.

lol, yeah, good point.

Their time was up when the tea folk came to town. With the regular conservatives, and the ultra conservatives on the Republican side, the conservative Democrats started to look like down right Commies!

fast_eddie_72
fast_eddie_72 SuperDork
12/22/11 3:36 p.m.
oldsaw wrote: NOT because of the pipeline - because the Dems are just as corrupt as the Repubs in playing politics at the expense of compromise and progress.

Do they have a pipeline in their bill too?

oldsaw
oldsaw SuperDork
12/22/11 3:38 p.m.
fast_eddie_72 wrote:
oldsaw wrote:
lol, yeah, good point. Their time was up when the tea folk came to town. With the regular conservatives, and the ultra conservatives on the Republican side, the conservative Democrats started to look like down right Commies!

Didn't that happen after the Blue Dogs were absorbed by the real Commies?

oldsaw
oldsaw SuperDork
12/22/11 3:40 p.m.
fast_eddie_72 wrote:
oldsaw wrote: NOT because of the pipeline - because the Dems are just as corrupt as the Repubs in playing politics at the expense of compromise and progress.

No; they left that out so they could suck-up to baseline campaign contributors.

fast_eddie_72
fast_eddie_72 SuperDork
12/22/11 3:51 p.m.
oldsaw wrote:
fast_eddie_72 wrote:
No; they left that out so they could suck-up to baseline campaign contributors.

They're playing a game (as I said back in my post on the last page that made all the good points everyone ignored before I realized that it was more important to have witty jabs than substance- hey, kinda like running for office!) They've done a good job of painting the Republicans into a corner on this one. The Republicans, ironically, never wanted this tax cut. So Democrats were in the unlikely position of having to give them pork to buy their votes so they could say "we cut your taxes". Now they're saying "wait a second, screw you guys. We'll just tell the American People that the Republicans RAISED your taxes!" Ha! That'll show um! Beaten at their own game. Why that plan was more crafty than the 4H knitting display at the County Fair.

Hell of it is, it's working.

fast_eddie_72
fast_eddie_72 SuperDork
12/22/11 3:52 p.m.

Anybody else have an urge to watch the Dukes of Hazzard?

fast_eddie_72
fast_eddie_72 SuperDork
12/22/11 4:15 p.m.
mguar wrote: golden rule.. he who has the gold makes the rules..

There ya go!

fast_eddie_72
fast_eddie_72 SuperDork
12/22/11 4:40 p.m.

Boehner just announced that they have a deal on the payroll tax break. Two months. Looks like the Dems won one.

Ole Boehner caved like that wood bridge down on Pine River road when that truck full of manure drove over it. Yup, he’s plum near as full of it too.

oldsaw
oldsaw SuperDork
12/22/11 5:00 p.m.
fast_eddie_72 wrote: Boehner just announced that they have a deal on the payroll tax break. Two months. Looks like the Dems won one. Ole Boehner caved like that wood bridge down on Pine River road when that truck full of manure drove over it. Yup, he’s plum near as full of it too.

That kinda stuff happens, like when Colorado Commies pile too much E36M3 in a truck that can't handle the load AND then ignore the warning signs about the bridge limits.

fast_eddie_72
fast_eddie_72 SuperDork
12/22/11 5:27 p.m.

Looks like we better make an investment in better infrastructure.

ThePhranc
ThePhranc Reader
12/22/11 5:33 p.m.
fast_eddie_72 wrote:
ThePhranc wrote:
Ha! Busted on Semantics! You got the civics lesson smack down! Shows how much you know! Your opinion is useless! Man, well played Phranc one! Impressive. You didn't have to actually talk about what they did at all! You totally Pwned him! [Eddie Felson] Fat man, you shoot a great game of pool. [Minnesota Fats] So do you, Fast Eddie.

Actually I already addressed the issue earlier in the thread. I wasn't trying to pwn or smack down him I was trying to help him articulate his points better.

Thanks for playing fast eddie.

fast_eddie_72
fast_eddie_72 SuperDork
12/22/11 6:08 p.m.

Yes-sir-ee. Why you're a right helpful sorta fella! I seen that there kinda help before. Hen house is empty and fox is grinnin ear to ear. Sorta sounds like electing a business man to be President.

Cone_Junky
Cone_Junky HalfDork
12/22/11 6:10 p.m.

Who else thinks Fast Eddie has been drinkin' the moonshine again?

It's amusing, I'm just a little worried about you Eddie. Should we call a close relative to come check on you?

fast_eddie_72
fast_eddie_72 SuperDork
12/22/11 6:14 p.m.

Not yet, but I am home from work and not going back 'till next year. Check in later and see how I'm doing.

Actually, with this rotten cold I'll probably pass.

fast_eddie_72
fast_eddie_72 SuperDork
12/22/11 6:17 p.m.
fast_eddie_72 wrote: Thing is, lookin' fur a compromise with Congressional Republicans is like a white-tailed deer huntin' fur Sassafras leaves in Januay. Puttin' them pigs in suits makes um slikcer than slatherin' um up with grease. 'Specially that Boehner. That ole boy's hide couldn't be tanned no more if'n you was to salt 'im, soak 'im and burry 'im in lime.

That one was pretty good though. He, he. I said "Sassafras".

oldsaw
oldsaw SuperDork
12/22/11 6:24 p.m.
fast_eddie_72 wrote: Looks like we better make an investment in better infrastructure.

So all those "shovel-ready jobs" were just expensive, targeted pocket-lining, political BS?

1 ... 4 5 6 7

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
4grfHWmEHMhyWpV8eqKkb1LaQMogUk51YGw59xTjXEEOBBY2Dlu2MmDQ2idxOJ4G