1 ... 45 46 47 48 49 50
rallyxPOS13
rallyxPOS13 GRM+ Memberand Reader
6/9/24 4:43 p.m.
Woody (Forum Supportum) said:

Weeding.

Thank you for posting this!  I was on the fence on ordering one of these for months.

It was as the most gratifying yard work experiences of my life!

Ranger50
Ranger50 MegaDork
6/9/24 8:20 p.m.

We went racing!

Street Car Takeover was in town at Martin Michigan.

She ran the women's class and I was the cute pitbitch. She lost first round. Bought back and lost again... with the same dialin! Grrrrrr.

Anyways, had a great time with some other explorer st friends even though they blowed up and oiled the track down and in the lights. Eventually we tow strapped them out of the track so AAA could come and get it home.

secretariata (Forum Supporter)
secretariata (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand UltraDork
6/9/24 8:31 p.m.

In reply to Gary & 11GTCS :

Thanks for the sympathy! 

I tried several methods (unsuccessfully) over the past few weekends and wound up buying a Wagner steamer from Home Despot.  It worked pretty well.  Almost all the vinyl portions removed from 4 rooms!  Need to move the toilet in one bath to get the last little bit of it down.  Still have a lot of prep work before painting.  Lots of paper backing still on the walls and lots of drywall paper peel/damage.  I think another room and my fingers would have been perfectly steamed...

dean1484
dean1484 GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
6/10/24 8:54 a.m.
RevRico said:We went through 30ish pounds of pulled pork, 2 full batches of pasta salad, 1 full tray of Cole slaw, 1 full tray of Mac n cheese, 10 smoked shotgun shells, 1/2 can of nacho cheese, 2 quarts of BBQ sauce, 18 buns, 2 packs of tortillas, and a bag of tortilla chips. 

For some reason I read this in a John Baluchi voice.  It was epic!!!   

Kreb (Forum Supporter)
Kreb (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand PowerDork
6/10/24 10:15 a.m.

My son took me to the famous Punk Rock venue 924 Gilman. I thought that it would be weird - me being old and all, but I actually had a realy good time. Its a shame I don't have enough hair left for a proper Mohawk.wink

Did some other cool stuff, but particularly enjoyed this:

preach
preach GRM+ Memberand UltraDork
6/10/24 10:56 a.m.
preach said:

Mostly on doggie duty since Mrs. p went to FL to visit her dad (in bad shape dementia/Alzheimers) and trying to get the battery swapped out of my Cayman. 

Today I go after the mechanical release in behind the inner fender. FML.

Took 3 tries but the frunk finally popped! Many "berkeley yeahs" and "Let's berkeleying go!"s happened. Waiting on the Mrs. so I can get back to it, clean it up, do the brakes, and get some of the lights off of the dash. Moved down to the shop entrance for ease of doing stuff.

Steve_Jones
Steve_Jones UltraDork
6/10/24 11:12 a.m.

Currently doing this in NC, and that's the entire plan this week. 

GameboyRMH
GameboyRMH GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
6/10/24 4:38 p.m.

Did some salvage work on the 86 and went for a ride on some local trails. Got this dropper seatpost fixed by replacing the internal cable, no bike shop wanted to touch it, it was stupidly hard to do but it now works better than new for some reason:

Gary
Gary PowerDork
6/17/24 8:44 p.m.

We were at son Jason's house for Father's Day. He's the father of three great daughters. One of them gave him the shirt because he's a golfer. He flew to NC Friday night to see the U.S. Open at Pinehurst only on Saturday (because he could). Then had a very early flight back home Sunday morning to celebrate Father's Day at home. I'm proud of him. We watched the conclusion of the tournament on his deck.

Datsun240ZGuy
Datsun240ZGuy MegaDork
6/17/24 9:11 p.m.

Made progress......

dean1484
6/17/24 11:01 p.m.

Let's see.  Went for a long drive on the back roads of northern central MA in the M5. Sun was out blue sky 72 deg windows open letting the car make great noises (V10 through a Dinan exhaust). Phone and radio off just the car and me. 2 hours went by in a blink of an eye.  

Had a great dinner with the family Friday night at one of my favorite steak restaurants. 

Spent time putting together a plan for the new to me 911. Then started pricing things.  I am seriously thinking I am going to do a RS clone with a bit of outlaw vibe keeping the pitina that the car has. I have been focusing on keeping it as minimalist as possible with a 250ish crank hp injected 2.7 and try and keep the weight around 2200 to 2300 lbs.  that may be a big ask but it is a goal to reach for.  I spent way to much time working on the roadmap for that project.  

Some BIG burgers were grilled.  Very tasty!!

My wife and I went to a local caf that has a deck overlooking a river and just sat and talked Saturday afternoon away.  

Keith Tanner
Keith Tanner GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
6/18/24 6:29 p.m.

Hey there, long time reader first time poster...

Spent the weekend with about 250 Miata owners, including running two track days and giving a seminar or two at our shop. Then played a beer league playoff hockey game that ended at midnight on Sunday. I slept very well that night.

Championship game this upcoming weekend!

z31maniac
z31maniac MegaDork
6/20/24 9:23 a.m.

The better half leaves for another conference/trade show EARLY Saturday morning in Denver. But her company picks up travel expenses to/from the airport, so I don't have to get up at 4:30 am on Saturday to take her, and she can just schedule an UBER XL. 

Take the BRZ in for an oil change Saturday morning, have two free ones left from the dealer. Then probably be lazy and try to get A LOT of sleep.

The past week has been rough, not sure if I got food poisoning again for what. Wake up Sunday morning "get sick" from the way whence it came. Didn't really eat just trying to drink lots of water/electrolytes. Monday, "get sick" maybe 7-8 times, can't take my medications because I can't even keep water down. Tuesday, can finally keep water down but still so nauseated I can't eat. Yesterday finally felt decent enough to eat dinner. 

So I literally had no food from Sat night until Wed night. 

RX Reven'
RX Reven' GRM+ Memberand UberDork
6/20/24 10:44 a.m.

Aircooled and I are headed to Monterey to watch the Indy race at Laguna Seca in celebration of my turning the big Six-O.

Looking back, 2019: Exciting season comes to a turbulent end at Laguna Seca  – Monterey Herald

Woody (Forum Supportum)
Woody (Forum Supportum) GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
6/21/24 9:05 a.m.

Family wedding in an inconvenient location. 

preach
preach GRM+ Memberand UltraDork
6/21/24 7:52 p.m.

Today I did a thing...

I mean...just in case.

OK, never mind:

Mrs. preach may not mind I did that with her dd while she is away. Haha

Gary
Gary PowerDork
6/23/24 12:46 p.m.

Thompson Vintage Motorsports Festival put on by VRG (Vintage Racer Group). It's a low-key, fun, friendly event that sort of reminds me of an SCCA regional race in the 60s.

Cousin_Eddie (Forum Supporter)
Cousin_Eddie (Forum Supporter) SuperDork
6/23/24 3:25 p.m.

Rear brakes on a little Ford truck. 

Not pictured, I sandblasted and painted the drums up real nice. I also changed the rear hose too, because I'm a guy who doesn't trust old brake hoses. 

Next weekend I'll do the front brakes and bearings. 

NY Nick
NY Nick GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
6/23/24 7:27 p.m.

Had a double this weekend. 
Saturday I went to Watkins Glen and took in the IMSA experience. Even had a private tour of the JDC Miller Racing TCR car. That was cool and then they won the race!

Then today we went to a kind of air show. They had some WWII planes including a T6, P51, Steerman and the kicker was a B-29, Fifi. That was very cool, watching Fifi takenoff gave me goosebumps!

Woody (Forum Supportum)
Woody (Forum Supportum) GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
6/23/24 7:36 p.m.
preach said:
preach said:

Mostly on doggie duty since Mrs. p went to FL to visit her dad (in bad shape dementia/Alzheimers) and trying to get the battery swapped out of my Cayman. 

Today I go after the mechanical release in behind the inner fender. FML.

Took 3 tries but the frunk finally popped! Many "berkeley yeahs" and "Let's berkeleying go!"s happened. Waiting on the Mrs. so I can get back to it, clean it up, do the brakes, and get some of the lights off of the dash. Moved down to the shop entrance for ease of doing stuff.

I've never needed to do it, but I'm pretty sure you can send power to the locks through a terminal on the driver's A-post. 

Mr_Asa
Mr_Asa MegaDork
6/23/24 8:09 p.m.

Hit up a couple estate sales.  One was, from what i could tell, a single retired electrical engineer that was into photography.

Im sure we would have cleaned the place out, but the typical old biddies that show up to these just looked ​confused 

Build thread to come soonish.

Floating Doc (Forum Supporter)
Floating Doc (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand UltimaDork
6/23/24 8:24 p.m.

Autocross on the kart track at Daytona, Saturday and Sunday. 
Weather was a factor. 

Drove the E Street Miata on Saturday. Rain was threatening, so I gave it my all on the first run to get a half second lead. The first runs turned out to be everyone's only dry run, insuring the win. 

I drove home on the battery Saturday, so swapped the Bridgestones on to the civic Saturday night and changed to H Street for Sunday.

My work assignment was late waivers, covering the track entrance for checking in stragglers after the official close of check in. The driver's meeting was underway when I got back to the kart track, so I checked the run/work order posted on the side of the timing trailer, and saw that H Street was in the first run group.

Since I had lost prep time working at the track entrance, I needed to move fast to be ready. I missed hearing the announcement of a switch of H Street to run group three.

I got my five runs in, including a surprisingly fast flyer. Unfortunately, run group three had one to two runs before the event got canceled due to severe weather. We'll run in the rain, but not lightning, and there was a lot of lightning. 

I had the fastest time in H Street, but the one driver who should beat me was limited to two runs, and was only two tenths back after his second run. I ended up (not) 11th in pax (edit: 19th in pax) for the event of the 80 or so drivers who were able to post times. 

Overall, good day for me, I was able to see how the civic handles the kart track, but a disappointment for a bunch of my friends who didn't get to race.

My GF and I just got back from Alamogordo and White Sands National Park. I wanted to get there early evening yesterday so we could stay and watch the sunset and full moon (it was the Strawberry Moon). But it was stormy and cloudy most of the day. The clouds obscured the sunset and the moon but we went back today to explore some more. Temps were around 90°F and sunny but there was a 15mph breeze which was nice.

WSNP is an amazing place. The gypsum sand is bright white. It's almost other worldly. There is lots to explore. The first day, we went out away from everyone and watched the sun set behind the San Andres mountains (well kinda, it was cloudy but the sun beams were pretty cool).

Today it was much more sunny. We hiked one of the 1 mile interactive trails which was pretty much all we could do with the sun lol.

On our way home, we stopped to see the world's largest pistachio which is just north of Alamogordo. Of course it's a tourist trap but I'm a sucker for kitchy roadside attractions.

I thought the rows of pistachio trees looked cool.

I bought some red chili pistachios for me and some habanero limon pistachios to send my dad.

It was a great weekend trip. We will hopefully be doing more 2-3 day trips throughout the summer.

Keith Tanner
Keith Tanner GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
6/24/24 5:01 p.m.

I thought I had a weekend to myself as my wife was out of town with her sister and niece. Then events conspired that I ended up with my 11-year-old nephew staying with me. We went to a BBQ place (not a place his vegetarian mom would take him, and he never gets to go out to eat without siblings), went to go see a movie (he NEVER gets to go to a cinema), watched the F1 race, made pancakes, played Frisbee in the park, skated for a while at the local rink and hung out until his mom got home. Decent weekend even if it wasn't what I had planned.

Then two back to back championship hockey games for two different leagues. Lost the first one due to a goalie brain fart, won the second one. Third in a row for the team :)

dean1484
6/24/24 6:01 p.m.

In reply to Keith Tanner :

I am officially nominating you for the best uncle award!!!  

1 ... 45 46 47 48 49 50

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
SxtvywxdMrdBOJ13VNCrBV81xrvwL4i6n8vBTSuhhRCPVS7OBWzrgd45GPdTq5Vn