1 ... 47 48 49 50
Gary
Gary PowerDork
7/7/24 8:38 p.m.

Annie and I were in Ogunquit, Maine, for the holiday weekend. Here are a few pics:

And Dean, I tooted the horn at Exit 70 on 495. Did you hear us? 😁

Karacticus
Karacticus GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
7/7/24 8:55 p.m.

Removed rear seat for access to landing gear to chase an intermittent gear down indication-- last flight had to cycle gear multiple times to get a proper indication. 

I've got jacks coming next week to chase that problem and a shop visit scheduled the week after that. 

While I was there, pulled front seats as well to replace the rollers on them. All the seats are at home and are going to get some attention from an upholstery cleaner. 

Also used some 3M products to re- attach the left side step on the main gear so that the first thing a person coming up to the airplane sees is no longer zip ties holding the step on. Steps (black rubber thing) are in rough shape, but Cessna shows them as not currently available with a listed price of around $1000 each!

dean1484
dean1484 GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
7/7/24 8:57 p.m.

In reply to Gary :

Absolutely!!!!!    😁😎

Wally (Forum Supporter)
Wally (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
7/7/24 11:16 p.m.

In reply to NY Nick :

That's awesome!! Congratulations!!

Duke
Duke MegaDork
7/8/24 8:10 a.m.

Drove down to Tennessee to visit my SIL and her husband.  We haven't seen them in a few years since they moved from NY to TN, and had never seen their new place.

We were supposed to pick up a kitten from her semi-feral cat, but that didn't happen because apparently they suck at gendering kittens.

Oh, well, it was good to see them, anyway. And we had never been to Tennessee.

Ian F (Forum Supporter)
Ian F (Forum Supporter) MegaDork
7/8/24 8:35 a.m.

I wrecked myself on my mtn bike last Monday and gave myself some bruised ribs... so instead of riding most of the four day weekend, I pretty much did nothing since it hurt to breath until Sunday.  Temps in the 90s with oppressive humidity didn't encourage outdoor activities either. 

preach
preach GRM+ Memberand UltraDork
7/8/24 8:43 a.m.

Found out Friday that my TN family will be up this week in Bar Harbor. I have not been there since I was a little fella. Fortunately work is pretty cool about time off.

dean1484
dean1484 GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
7/8/24 10:07 a.m.

Fishing and trying the new electric motor on the row boat. Always wanted one of these. Not fast but totally quiet.  

Tomorow I am taking the family up Mt Washington. My wife and son have never been. I was last there when my cousin and I hiked up and spent the night up there at the lake of the clouds hut.  Should be fun.  

For me this week is kind of one big weekend as I am on holiday. 

QuasiMofo (John Brown)
QuasiMofo (John Brown) GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
7/8/24 3:58 p.m.

Georgian Bay/Blue Mountains, Collingwood, Toronto and Niagara Falls Canada. 

Got here Friday July, 5 leaving Niagara on the Lake on Sunday. 

Hanging with cousins on Lake Keowee in SC, then AK1 had a 2-day driving school at BMW Performance Center. Good times, for sure, but six days away from MonZora. Will be home this evening.

Karacticus
Karacticus GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
7/14/24 11:27 a.m.

Was I able to duplicate the intermittent gear down indication?  Unfortunately no.

Did clean and apply dry film lube to the down lock hooks and got some cool video though.

gixxeropa
gixxeropa GRM+ Memberand HalfDork
7/14/24 12:11 p.m.

Bluegrass and barbecue festival and the dirt track races yesterday, looking at a wedding venue today. Fun but I wish I had some time to relax

AngryCorvair (Forum Supporter)
AngryCorvair (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
7/14/24 12:21 p.m.

Helped my wife throw an 80th birthday party in another country for my father in law.

I mean, it was just across the river in Canada, so not too challenging for a metro Detroiter. At 9AM Saturday, demand for the ferry was pretty low.

Cousin_Eddie (Forum Supporter)
Cousin_Eddie (Forum Supporter) SuperDork
7/14/24 1:48 p.m.

Today I put new engine mounts in my old Ranger. It was pretty annoying since the old mounts were so destroyed that the studs were no longer anchored and were spinning. So I had to remove the block side brackets and the frame side brackets to get the old ones removed. 

The driver side mount was simply ripped apart. That explains the shifter doing a little dance every time I let out on the clutch in first gear. 

And the passenger side mount was collapsed. Really collapsed. Metal to metal rubbing and vibrating. 

Even with the task being kind of annoying and really tedious, it was 20 dollars and two hours time very well spent. You don't realize how much vibration an old vehicle has until it's fixed and smooth again. 

etifosi
etifosi SuperDork
7/14/24 2:07 p.m.

enjoying the Giant's Despair Hillclimb

Gary
Gary PowerDork
7/21/24 9:22 a.m.

BMCNE had our annual summer picnic yesterday. The organizers did a great job. Excellent food as well as a nice little car show.

7/21/24 12:58 p.m.

Putting in lots of pedal miles this weekend. I'm three pounds short of a very long term weight loss goal so I've redoubled my efforts. 

Today it is gravel miles in the rain. 

Puddy46
Puddy46 HalfDork
7/22/24 9:40 p.m.

Went to Indianapolis for the Brickyard 400 this weekend. First time at this massive facility, and hopefully not the last.  I need to put the Indy 500 on my bucket list.

Datsun240ZGuy
Datsun240ZGuy MegaDork
7/22/24 10:13 p.m.
Puddy46 said:

I need to put the Indy 500 on my bucket list.

Yes, I'm obsessed - it's an awesome event. I make sales calls in Indianapolis and would take my lunch at the museum gift shop.  

Gary
Gary PowerDork
8/3/24 9:01 p.m.

Annie and I took a brief trip to Eastern Upstate NY (Millerton, Copake, Millbrook, and Hillsdale). This is beautiful country. We're staying at a place that looked and sounded good on the internet. But in reality, not so good. But regardless, Annie and I are having fun.

(Millbrook Vineyard.)

Duke
Duke MegaDork
8/3/24 9:03 p.m.

Waiting for the rain to stop so I can put a clutch cylinder on the Miat.

Gary
Gary PowerDork
8/10/24 9:31 p.m.

SCCA Majors at Thompson:

And, as posted on another thread:

SKJSS (formerly Klayfish)
SKJSS (formerly Klayfish) UltimaDork
8/10/24 9:34 p.m.

Spending the weekend at Sonoma getting paid to turn hot laps.

8/10/24 9:44 p.m.

I've got an older Ford Ranger that I've been slowly hammering into daily driver condition. Lately I've gotten enough of the rattles and noises fixed so that I could hear a new rumbly sound in the rear differential. It was tire speed rather than driveshaft speed so I suspected either carrier bearings or axle bearings. 

Let's go ahead and shoot the parts cannon at it. 

I couldn't figure out how to get it into my press to remove the carrier bearings so I had to get creative with a Harbor Freight puller and some heat. Came right off though.

There's the source of the noise. 

It's all back together now with fresh rolly bits and it's pretty quiet. Onward and upward to the next thing that rears its head. 

tester (Forum Supporter)
tester (Forum Supporter) HalfDork
8/10/24 9:57 p.m.

The Ninja is all zipped up on the NB. LOL

1 ... 47 48 49 50

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
TmFW99KfcRaJjYuMq5ty3xqOiApzdO92i4NzO3o6msbZQwcL5hDvnGs88LxpiDL6