1 2
bludroptop
bludroptop SuperDork
1/19/13 1:48 p.m.

Final Chapter (I hope). I went back with Mrs. BDT in tow to take a second look. I really like the car's styling, size, interior quality and cargo space. Mrs. does too. So I agreed to test drive a TDi with the DSG.

I didn't care for the driving dynamics of the TDi at all. Between the throttle lag and the narrow power band, it just wasn't for me. I said something about the throttle lag and got this from Sales Clown #2:

"They've designed that into the car as a safety feature. Too many people hit the gas as soon as the light turns green and rear-end the car in front of them. This gives you about a 1.5 second delay."

I asked why he thought this approach was only needed for diesel drivers. Mrs. BDT gave me a hard time on the way home for being 'mean' to him.

Back to square one.

vwcorvette
vwcorvette GRM+ Memberand Dork
1/19/13 4:15 p.m.

A colleague is selling his 2010 Sportwagon TDi with ECU upgrade, Gti grill, R32 steering wheel and some other mods. Car has been babied. Also has 18's. You want me to get info?

bludroptop
bludroptop SuperDork
1/19/13 5:33 p.m.
vwcorvette wrote: A colleague is selling his 2010 Sportwagon TDi .... You want me to get info?

Thanks for the offer but no thanks. I didn't care for the TDi.

A good salesman could have sold me a car today, thankfully my local VW dealer doesn't have any.

1 2

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
Kol9MFzyy2JUsGX1EEhwYJK0Zu77HfWACTHsZuHHsJJJZZfc0C2XFl9yFyYPXy9g