poor pup, its eyes were crystal clear!

mad_machine
mad_machine GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
6/4/10 1:24 p.m.

cute pup.... makes for a dog of a car though

Toyman01
Toyman01 GRM+ Memberand Dork
6/4/10 6:38 p.m.

I have had to clean cat out of an engine bay before. A small block Chevy engine isn't very forgiving. Thanks for reminding me.

grimmelshanks
grimmelshanks Reader
6/4/10 6:57 p.m.

yikes, i heard a car start with a cat chillin in the engine bay. i didnt have the pleasure of cleaning it as it wasnt my car, but its a sound i dont want to hear again

porksboy
porksboy Dork
6/4/10 7:40 p.m.

Ive cleaned opossum out of 2 different cars before. Talk about stinky.

egnorant
egnorant Dork
6/5/10 10:00 a.m.

As a kid in 1977, I worked at the corner gas station when a couple of old ladies pulled in because they were overheating.. Quick inspection showed a missing fan belt (1972 Buick) and a smear of blood. Then we hear the cat meowing! The ladies looked at each other and cried "BAXLEY"!!.

Hour later we rescued the cat from under the passenger fender with a much shorter tail and a cut on his shoulder. They were 300 miles from home...cat was remarkably calm and loving once reunited with his ladies.

mad_machine
mad_machine GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
6/6/10 10:11 a.m.

only problems I ever had with animals and cars were kamikaze birds and mice....

Toyman01
Toyman01 GRM+ Memberand Dork
6/6/10 1:13 p.m.
mad_machine wrote: only problems I ever had with animals and cars were kamikaze birds and mice....

Oh no mice. I took my tow beast out last fall and the heater wouldn't work. Making odd noises out of the blower compartment. I thought the fan had come off the shaft, so I pulled the blower motor. Nope, the fan was fine. There was a rats nest in the blower box. Literally. I bet I dug three pounds of leaves and trash out of the blower box. I still haven't figured out how it got in there to start with.

Ian_F
Ian_F Reader
6/6/10 7:21 p.m.

One reason I want my TDI parked in the garage for the night during the winter is for fear of something deciding the coolant heater would be a nice place to snuggle next to for the night... only to be rudely awakened when I leave for the work the next morning.

Spinout007
Spinout007 GRM+ Memberand Dork
6/6/10 9:45 p.m.

Well if it's that cold at least it won't be long and have scales. I've helped pull a dash out to remove a snake before. WTF would you not put your python in a bag or something to contain it if you are going to take it with you??

Lesley
Lesley SuperDork
6/6/10 10:34 p.m.
Spinout007 wrote: WTF would you not put your python in a bag or something to contain it if you are going to take it with you??

I don't know why, but that made me LMAO.

Salanis
Salanis SuperDork
6/6/10 11:12 p.m.

I'm very glad that puppy is alright and has a loving home. He's a cutie.

mad_machine wrote: only problems I ever had with animals and cars were kamikaze birds and mice....

Deer jumping out from ditches.

Although, I did once have a (fortunately minor) bird strike in an airplane. Blink-of-the-eyes moment of terror as I saw it coming for me. Then I breathed easier when I saw it zip past under my wing without apparently hitting anything.

Then, once I landed, I saw the trail of blood and feathers on the underside of the wing, trailing back from the attachment point of the wing spar (high wing airplane). Stupid bird managed to ricochet off one of the most structurally sounds points of the plane.

rebelgtp
rebelgtp Dork
6/6/10 11:29 p.m.
grimmelshanks wrote: yikes, i heard a car start with a cat chillin in the engine bay. i didnt have the pleasure of cleaning it as it wasnt my car, but its a sound i dont want to hear again

My dad told me about this time when he was a kid and he drove his '55 Chevy over to his buddies house. They went inside and hung out for awhile then decided to go out and do something. They got in the Chevy and heard a very bad sound from the engine compartment. Apparently his friends mom's cat moved her like one or two week old kittens to the engine bay to keep them warm...

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
NSwI8wo0PVeSkgtF2O78ClBhRLfw70HbYoGD42Ds5cWUwqPqqzcxnTPwlXdjuUu2