1 2 3
Jerry
Jerry PowerDork
9/15/24 7:17 a.m.

In reply to stuart in mn :

Oh I figured that as well.  But being solid metal in the sun of an African summer seemed like a bad idea.

Also I forgot about Amazon adding commercials.  Likely the last thing I watch on Amazon.

newold_m (Forum Supporter)
newold_m (Forum Supporter) Reader
9/15/24 9:01 a.m.
spandak said:

Clarkson definitely plays a character. I think he's actually really intelligent. He made cars interesting to people who would never watch a car show. Then he did the same with farming. I hear many farmers are really grateful for the awareness he's bringing to the general population about the struggles of that business.

Harry Metcalf, who has the Harry's Garage YouTube channel, also has another one called Harry's Farm that gives a good perspective of farming in UK. His farm also happens to be near Clarkson's.

docwyte
docwyte UltimaDork
9/15/24 10:35 a.m.

Thought it was decent.  As much as I liked what they did over the years, it was time for them to stop for sure.  Watching the end of the episode, looking at Clarkson then vs now was pretty shocking.

stuart in mn
stuart in mn MegaDork
9/15/24 11:28 a.m.
newold_m (Forum Supporter) said:

Harry Metcalf, who has the Harry's Garage YouTube channel, also has another one called Harry's Farm that gives a good perspective of farming in UK. His farm also happens to be near Clarkson's.

I really enjoy Harry's Farm.  He does a good job at explaining the issues of farming, and it's interesting to see the parallels as well as the differences from how things are done in the US.

Keith Tanner
Keith Tanner GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
9/16/24 1:18 a.m.

Good finish. And yes, Clarkson is quite intelligent. Also an excellent wordsmith.

Did anyone else do the math on the silver? And catch James deleting the numbers from his phone at the end?

Cousin_Eddie (Forum Supporter)
Cousin_Eddie (Forum Supporter) SuperDork
9/16/24 5:25 a.m.
Keith Tanner said:

And catch James deleting the numbers from his phone at the end?

I did notice that.

Old_Town
Old_Town Reader
9/16/24 8:29 a.m.

The Hammond Rimac jab was pretty funny as well. 

Jerry
Jerry PowerDork
9/16/24 9:30 a.m.

In reply to Cousin_Eddie (Forum Supporter) :

I thought he was texting the other guys, like Goodbye or something.  Then nothing happened, didn't think about phone numbers.

Mndsm
Mndsm MegaDork
9/16/24 12:46 p.m.

Took me a second to realize why they didn't find Hammonds car right away. 

1 2 3

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
mTEUk5RS7CAnWvVk3OyrXaVeXM8NWv47zeEGKQM6OGCggzJ5ukWA1LqIvaMPivi9