1 2
geomiata
geomiata Reader
8/29/08 4:03 a.m.

so i was watching the new fast and the furious movie trailer, and it looks like they might be moving from rice to muscle, as there is a sick gnx in the movie trailer. but there is a few glaring errors in the trailer that i haven't seen anybody comment on yet watch this: http://www.worldcarfans.com/9080826.002/trailer-for-fast--the-furious-4-released when vin diesels girl kicks jumps off of the fuel train, there appears to be 2 tanks still attached, then when the trailer crashes (seemingly for no reason at all) there is 2, then finally when the it all goes up in flames there appears to be 3. is anybody seeing this or am i just crazy? the first movie was ripe with errors and mistakes, but to goof in the movie trailer? wtf?

discuss.

ddavidv
ddavidv SuperDork
8/29/08 6:04 a.m.

Discuss? Why? Crap is crap.

GameboyRMH
GameboyRMH GRM+ Memberand Dork
8/29/08 7:34 a.m.

THROW A KIT ON DAT BITCH!!!

SLAM DAT RIDE!!!

GET BIGGAR RIMZ THEY MAEK U GO FASTAR!!!111ONE

Get used to them, they're all coming back.

Wally
Wally GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
8/29/08 9:43 a.m.

Why five small trailers? Being the truck is Left hand drive I'm assuming it takes place in the US, where they would be limited to three small trailers. They could be in the Australia outback, but i think they would have used three large trailers rather than five small ones as the fewer hitches you have the more stable it would be. That seems to be alot of effort for the relatively small amout of fuel he's carrying

joey48442
joey48442 Dork
8/29/08 9:51 a.m.

It says its the Dominican Republic at the beginning. I dont know about Michelle Rodriguez, as she trys way to hard to act like a guy for me, but the other girl is ok. Id see it.

Joey

maroon92
maroon92 SuperDork
8/29/08 10:15 a.m.

the main thing that bothered me was the squeeling of tires when he changed lanes.

You know you will go see it anyway, so quitcherbitchen. There are some really nice cars in it, that STi is SEXY, and I believe I saw a Ford Cosworth RS200.

aircooled
aircooled Dork
8/29/08 10:17 a.m.

I'm sorry, did someone just criticize a Fast and Furious movie for lack of realism??

....if you will excuse me I need to make a getaway from another car by sliding back and forth across the road...

GlennS
GlennS HalfDork
8/29/08 10:19 a.m.

yeah it looked like an RS200. Since FF1 my friends and i have been getting trashed and going to see them. They are aweful movies that are a lot more fun if your with a bunch of friends who are there to trash on the movie.

Stuc
Stuc HalfDork
8/29/08 10:50 a.m.

Yeah...... I used to laugh at these movies but I realized that I actually found them entertaining so I don't complain too much now. I wouldn't have seen the first 2, but after seeing them on TBS or Spike a number of times I went to see the 3rd, and I'll probably see this with some friends, but I swear, if they hurt that RS200 I'll never forgive them. Pretty sure that's an ae86 corolla with kouki front bumper next to it

GameboyRMH
8/29/08 10:56 a.m.
aircooled wrote: ....if you will excuse me I need to make a getaway from another car by sliding back and forth across the road...

Yeah that made me laugh. I thought "The first one to figure out they're back on pavement and switch to grip-style driving could just drive away while these guys fishtail madly through traffic"

maroon92
maroon92 SuperDork
8/29/08 1:33 p.m.

as an aside, I think we need to go to highway trains in the united states, wouldnt that save alot of diesel?

Strizzo
Strizzo Dork
8/29/08 2:59 p.m.

but not so much time in the midwest where the wind can spread those things out to 2 or 3 lanes, which is why midwestern states limit the number of trailers you can pull

doitover
doitover Reader
8/29/08 3:02 p.m.

Maybe but not as much as a real train train.

maroon92 wrote: as an aside, I think we need to go to highway trains in the united states, wouldnt that save alot of diesel?
EricM
EricM Reader
8/29/08 3:16 p.m.

I am still going to go see it.

PFFFFT! not really!

Wowak
Wowak Dork
8/29/08 3:19 p.m.
maroon92 wrote: as an aside, I think we need to go to highway trains in the united states, wouldnt that save alot of diesel?

Uh, why ruin the highways when we still have the option of real trains?

internetautomart
internetautomart SuperDork
8/31/08 10:49 a.m.

I'll definately see it....

once it comes to free TV

AngryCorvair
AngryCorvair GRM+ Memberand HalfDork
8/31/08 11:32 a.m.

on an unrelated note, why does "grip-style" driving need a name? and why don't we call it "fast" or "real motorsports" or something like that?

thatsnowinnebago
thatsnowinnebago GRM+ Memberand Reader
8/31/08 1:09 p.m.
AngryCorvair wrote: on an unrelated note, why does "grip-style" driving need a name? and why don't we call it "fast" or "real motorsports" or something like that?

I think its because "grip-style" sounds sweet and JDM. We all know the Japanese invented the cool parts of the car hobby.

CGLockRacer
CGLockRacer GRM+ Memberand New Reader
8/31/08 1:24 p.m.

was it me or did that GNX sound like it had a v8?

HiTempguy
HiTempguy New Reader
8/31/08 6:16 p.m.
grip-style

Initial-D FTMFW!

Volksroddin
Volksroddin Reader
8/31/08 6:51 p.m.

looks like fun, I like most car movie good or not. yes I rent it....some day

GameboyRMH
9/1/08 8:35 a.m.
AngryCorvair wrote: on an unrelated note, why does "grip-style" driving need a name? and why don't we call it "fast" or "real motorsports" or something like that?

I was just trying to be unambiguous.

familytruckster
familytruckster New Reader
9/1/08 7:26 p.m.
joey48442 wrote: It says its the Dominican Republic at the beginning. I dont know about Michelle Rodriguez, as she trys way to hard to act like a guy for me, but the other girl is ok. Id see it. Joey

Well, she is a lesbian.

Fast and Furious, The Mad Max Edition...

thatsnowinnebago
thatsnowinnebago GRM+ Memberand Reader
9/1/08 9:42 p.m.

I'm not going to lie, I think the trucks stealing the gas trailers are pretty sweet.

confuZion3
confuZion3 HalfDork
9/2/08 8:51 a.m.

I'm actually kind of excited for this movie. I really liked the first two. The third one was alright too - I liked the main character's tendency to not give a E36 M3. If the Japanese mafia's kid pissed him off, he beat the E36 M3 out of him - his focus was on the present and not the consequences.

Sure, the movies aren't perfect. Uh, and they were probably responsible for inspiring a whole host of idiot street-racer and da-rifter wannabees. But they were fun to watch.

1 2

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
P2fCKEyo20rlnIbyEeUW5Q75jUTlwxdVTZ32RK87yUtH3Ros61Jt517R33sLFTxI