1 ... 8 9 10
NermalSnert (Forum Supporter)
NermalSnert (Forum Supporter) Dork
9/10/24 1:06 p.m.

In reply to Mr_Asa :

I had considered that but wasn't sure. Thanks for validating!

Thanks y'all

1988RedT2
1988RedT2 MegaDork
9/10/24 1:06 p.m.
Mr_Asa said:
NermalSnert (Forum Supporter) said:

No luck on the Caddy forums so I'll try here. How can I stop the crank from turning while I torque the crankshaft bolt to 125 ft.lbs? 1956  Cadillac 365. There is no window on the bell housing that I could find. Edit: The engine is in the car.

Figure out when #1 will be TDC on the firing stroke (so that the valves are closed.)  Turn crank so #1 is at BDC-ish, feed clean 1/4" nylon rope into cylinder.  Slowly turn crank so that piston compresses the rope against the cyl head and the closed valves.

Torque bolt to your heart's content.  Remove rope by going back to BDC-ish and pulling out of cyl

That's much better than my idea of putting a spark plug with too much reach in one of the cylinders, then turning the crank until the piston hits the plug. laugh

Mr_Asa
Mr_Asa MegaDork
9/10/24 1:15 p.m.
NermalSnert (Forum Supporter) said:

In reply to Mr_Asa :

I had considered that but wasn't sure. Thanks for validating!

Thanks y'all

Done it on... 2? 3? Engines now?  All still running nicely.

Duke
Duke MegaDork
9/18/24 7:57 a.m.

Are there any MMA fighters that don't look like meth dealers who sample their own product?

I recognize that I am not the target demographic.  But at best, most look like they've cleaned up for their court date.

1988RedT2
1988RedT2 MegaDork
9/18/24 8:04 a.m.
Duke said:

Are there any MMA fighters that don't look like meth dealers who sample their own product?

I'm gonna go with "No."  It takes a certain mindset to choose to make a living beating people as near death as you can get them before the ref breaks it up.  Of course, sometimes you win, sometimes you lose.  I'm guessing not many of these guys are Rhodes Scholars. 

1 ... 8 9 10

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
NdcRpUKweWogemf1RRg0VPOSJ1a36YGC8ACWTUMbqSpHzCJkNfogRZC3payuo9ka