1 2 3 4 5
4Msfam
4Msfam New Reader
4/28/11 3:20 p.m.

And I thought you started working on the Miata! Well, I'm going to share this with my wife. She's talked about having one done on/off for years (size dd/ or E?). Yes, chronic back issues, tears about finding clothes that hang right. Bathing suits? She's a fitness instructor, but not built like a waff. think Xena.

I think I'll bring it up and see if she has questions for you. Thank you for being brave and sharing. I wish you a speedy recovery!

My eldest daughter (I've got two!) is a curvy stick, with size d's at age 15. I'm shopping for a shotgun. I have talked to her about how boys get dumb around them. Take care! Marc

dollraves
dollraves Reader
4/28/11 3:25 p.m.
racinginc215 wrote: Wait a minute nobody posted this yet. To Doll and Katy

Hey, didn't I say no asking for pics? :P

However...

Being as in love with myself as I am, I had a photographer come down from San Francisco and do an au natural photoshoot the weekend prior to my surgery. Once I'm healed up enough, we'll do another set.

And yes, the VERY TASTEFUL black & white pictures will be for sale in SF, but at $450 a pop, I don't see you guys buying them. Seriously, that's a Challenge car purchase right there! Besides, like I said, they're tasteful... :D

oldsaw
oldsaw SuperDork
4/28/11 3:29 p.m.

Dollraves, you have earned huge respect for honestly taking the necessary steps to take of yourself. It took a lot of internal strenght to choose that path, regardless of what some of the "less informed" may think. Your ego is definitely strong and we all hope your back quickly follows suit. And thanks for having faith that the board members here would offer the support, understanding and acceptance you deserve.

KatyB, you're a member of this club whether you like it or not. Anything else just doesn't matter. And, yeah, I'm admirer of members of the IBTC, no matter where they the park their cars.

We're all the better that you have chosen to be here.

4Msfam
4Msfam New Reader
4/28/11 3:30 p.m.

Didn't a college F-SAE team get suspended for that?

KATYB
KATYB Reader
4/28/11 3:31 p.m.

uh oh now im part of a cult my dad is gonna kill me. he always told me never join a cult and never get into racing (oops)

friedgreencorrado
friedgreencorrado SuperDork
4/28/11 3:32 p.m.

In reply to dollraves:

The older I get, the more I learn about back pain.
The more I learn about back pain, the more I support your decision.

Take it easy, make sure you heal up right!

friedgreencorrado
4/28/11 3:39 p.m.
KATYB wrote: uh oh now im part of a cult my dad is gonna kill me. he always told me never join a cult and never get into racing (oops)

A lot of people will say that when you joined the racers, ya killed two birds with one stone...

wbjones
wbjones SuperDork
4/28/11 3:46 p.m.

In reply to djhives:

what an shiny happy person....

HiTempguy
HiTempguy Dork
4/28/11 4:08 p.m.
friedgreencorrado wrote: the more I support your decision.

Well played good sir, well played. slow clap

Both my mother and sister have had this operation done. They are both happy they did!

Kramer
Kramer HalfDork
4/28/11 6:57 p.m.

GRM Speak: Instead of asking if "the carpet matches the drapes," we ask "do the shoes match the car?"

And we'd be talking about shoes and cars...

dollraves
dollraves Reader
4/28/11 9:40 p.m.
Kramer wrote: GRM Speak: Instead of asking if "the carpet matches the drapes," we ask "do the shoes match the car?" And we'd be talking about shoes and cars...

You, sir, made me laugh out loud. In a meeting, even. guilty look

Luke
Luke SuperDork
4/28/11 9:48 p.m.
Kramer wrote: GRM Speak: Instead of asking if "the carpet matches the drapes," we ask "do the shoes match the car?" And we'd be talking about shoes and cars...

Except when shoes are an analogy for aftermarket wheels.

Actually, if I had a question about carpet and/or drapes, I wouldn't put it past Off-Topic to provide some solid answers

cwh
cwh SuperDork
4/28/11 10:12 p.m.

KATYB wrote:

uh oh now im part of a cult my dad is gonna kill me. he always told me never join a cult and never get into racing (oops)

Betcha if you got him on this forum he would approve of your new friends and big brothers. Just sayin'.

KATYB
KATYB Reader
4/28/11 10:15 p.m.

cwh possibly but he avoids the car scene like the plague. he will get hooked again and next thing i know ill be having to turbo his s2k and we will be building a f5 cobra kit together. hmmmm on second thought thats a great idea!!!!

SVreX
SVreX SuperDork
4/28/11 10:19 p.m.

Doll- I'm proud of you. Get well soon.

No, scratch that. You've always been well! Heal quickly!

You've given me new courage. If I decide to go through reduction surgery for my manhood, I'll make sure to post a thread about it on a shoe or interior decorating website!

Seriously, your strength and confidence is inspiring. I'm not man enough to talk as directly about some things as you are.

Heal quickly!! Luv ya!

TRoglodyte
TRoglodyte Reader
4/28/11 10:23 p.m.
Luke wrote:
Except when shoes are an analogy for aftermarket wheels. Actually, if I had a question about carpet and/or drapes, I wouldn't put it past Off-Topic to provide some solid answers

How many inches of return? window opening size? percentage of pleats? Valance fixed or moveable?

MrJoshua
MrJoshua SuperDork
4/28/11 10:24 p.m.
SVreX wrote: Doll- I'm proud of you. Get well soon. No, scratch that. You've always been well! Heal quickly! You've given me new courage. If I decide to go through reduction surgery for my manhood, I'll make sure to post a thread about it on a shoe or interior decorating website! Seriously, your strength and confidence is inspiring. I'm not man enough to talk as directly about some things as you are. Heal quickly!! Luv ya!

If you do decide to get a reduction surgery for your manhood, please don't talk about how much you know everyone was looking at your manhood at the last challenge.

ZOO
ZOO GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
4/29/11 4:38 a.m.
MrJoshua wrote:
SVreX wrote: Doll- I'm proud of you. Get well soon. No, scratch that. You've always been well! Heal quickly! You've given me new courage. If I decide to go through reduction surgery for my manhood, I'll make sure to post a thread about it on a shoe or interior decorating website! Seriously, your strength and confidence is inspiring. I'm not man enough to talk as directly about some things as you are. Heal quickly!! Luv ya!
If you do decide to get a reduction surgery for your manhood, please don't talk about how much you know everyone was looking at your manhood at the last challenge.

Careful SVreX, you might end up with granite countertops instead . . .

AngryCorvair
AngryCorvair GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
4/29/11 9:53 a.m.
MrJoshua wrote:
SVreX wrote: You've given me new courage. If I decide to go through reduction surgery for my manhood, I'll make sure to post a thread about it on a shoe or interior decorating website!

well, in the Gutty-initiated "62 Man Cannonball" at the hotel pool a couple years ago, SVreX counted as two men!

dollraves
dollraves Reader
5/1/11 5:47 p.m.

Sv, I've seen you with your fanny pack at the Challenge. I'm not sure you could reduce your manhood more than that... >ducks and runs<

I kid! You're the best. All my love to you & the family.

Curmudgeon
Curmudgeon SuperDork
5/1/11 7:19 p.m.

Doll, congratulations! I ran across an old GF from HS who had it done, she was MUCH better off. Being a troglodyte male, I never stopped to think how much of a pain (literally) they could be. She told me her bra straps used to cut her sometimes.

Fanny pack? We dirt bikers carry those but to save our masculinity we call them 'tool packs' or 'butt bags'.

93EXCivic
93EXCivic SuperDork
5/1/11 7:20 p.m.
Curmudgeon wrote: Doll, congratulations! I ran across an old GF from HS who had it done, she was MUCH better off. Being a troglodyte male, I never stopped to think how much of a pain (literally) they could be. She told me her bra straps used to cut her sometimes. Fanny pack? We dirt bikers carry those but to save our masculinity we call them 'tool packs' or 'butt bags'.

My dirt bike came with a tool box attached.

SVreX
SVreX SuperDork
5/1/11 8:25 p.m.

Fanny pack? Am I missing something? Just what ARE you looking at, girl?

Never mind- don't answer that. This can only end badly.

dollraves
dollraves Reader
5/2/11 1:10 a.m.

In reply to SVreX:

Oh, wait, you're right...it's the socks with sandals, not the fanny pack. My bad. :D

<3

friedgreencorrado
5/2/11 1:20 a.m.
dollraves wrote: In reply to SVreX: Oh, wait, you're right...it's the socks with sandals, not the fanny pack. My bad. :D <3

Aw, hell. Now I gotta build a Challenge car, just to meet this woman in person. Dollraves, can't ya give an old guy a break and just come party with us at the 2012 Mitty? Hell, I know it'd be a long drive out east..but you've done it before, right?

1 2 3 4 5

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
DRGRMEwwjzly4HIdinXJRq2US7V0Uxn06LtUfo6Y3YOCqrc1v6vhp5DWj0TilVqf