1 ... 8 9 10 11 12 ... 32
Duke
Duke MegaDork
2/2/16 4:50 p.m.
914Driver wrote:

My father had one JUST like that, minus the Hurst logo. Even in that color scheme. 389/4bbl/TH350. My sister destroyed it by driving it into a house. So he replaced it with this:

428/4bb//TH400.

oldtin
oldtin UberDork
2/2/16 4:59 p.m.

paranoid_android74
paranoid_android74 Dork
2/2/16 5:07 p.m.

Four years ago I had never even heard of GRM :-/

ProDarwin wrote:
paranoid_android74 wrote: I wanted one of these sooooo bad- in this exact color even.
I was practically giving this thing away when I had it for sale on here 4 years ago :(
paranoid_android74
paranoid_android74 Dork
2/2/16 5:11 p.m.

Myyyy word- I forgot about this thread! I have to come back later so I can properly drool over the pics...

BlueInGreen44 wrote: In reply to Storz: First gen: Second gen:
paranoid_android74
paranoid_android74 Dork
2/2/16 6:02 p.m.

Until I saw the hearse earlier, I had forgotten about this one:

paranoid_android74
paranoid_android74 Dork
2/2/16 6:05 p.m.

Crap- just found on CL for $1500:

I wish it was a first gen with three pedals though. Get ready for another ADD post from moi!

ProDarwin
ProDarwin PowerDork
2/2/16 7:32 p.m.

Finding a clean 1st gen is hard. I'd jump on a '95 if I came across one that was automatic. The swap isn't too difficult and there are a lot of bushings/suspension parts I'd want to refresh on a 21+ year old car anyway.

CarKid1989
CarKid1989 SuperDork
2/2/16 7:47 p.m.

Wagons you say? Here is my old DD Saturn Wagon

Saturns are fun. Teaches you about momentum instead of outright speed. Cheap, inexpensive, and they dont cost much either. I love 'em

CarKid1989
CarKid1989 SuperDork
2/2/16 7:48 p.m.

paranoid_android74
paranoid_android74 Dork
2/2/16 10:10 p.m.

You guys are the best enablers ever!

Just when I thought my mind was made up (on something different) I'm now shopping Saturn wagons.

Already manual options so far:

99 in Milwaukee $1500

97 in Cincinnati $1100

Any takers?

wbjones
wbjones MegaDork
2/3/16 12:01 a.m.

first time looking at this thread ... so it may have been mentioned already ...

but my choice would be the Honda Accord Station Wagon ... but that would probably have something to do with my being a bit of a Honda fanboy ...

Jay
Jay UltraDork
2/3/16 12:11 a.m.

Why we can't haz ??

Whatever project director had this designed and then didn't build it needs to be tweaked in the nipples until they do. (Citroën Eole concept, 1986.)

Jay
Jay UltraDork
2/3/16 12:16 a.m.

Fortunately we did get the XM, which is amazing in both wagon and 5-door variants:

As you might expect, it's on my bucket list. High on the list.

Jay
Jay UltraDork
2/3/16 12:34 a.m.

Continuing on with the super '80s silver futurism theme, someone posted this in the Unicorn thread: And yes, they were available in 4WD: I'll take one slammed, in the silver, with the 1.6 turbo, wheels, and aero kit from a Ralliart please: ...And maybe a side of box flares.

Bonus content! Does this count as a wagon? I basically want this for a daily driver, flight mode included. I guess that's why I like the XM so much.

Props to anyone who can name where it's from.

Kia_Racer
Kia_Racer Dork
2/3/16 3:57 a.m.

Isn't that from "The Last Starfighter"?

travellering
travellering Reader
2/3/16 4:21 a.m.
Kia_Racer wrote: Isn't that from "The Last Starfighter"?

Damn, beat me to it. Love that movie!

As penance for not being first with the answer, here's another wagon I can't get here:

bastomatic
bastomatic UltraDork
2/3/16 7:47 a.m.

I've seen one of those Toyota wagons here before actually. I think that's an incredible rear end.

And the XM - yes please. I love those disc wheels.

singleslammer
singleslammer UberDork
2/3/16 8:02 a.m.

In reply to travellering:

I saw one of these for sale. In like TX. They are here, just super rare!

bravenrace
bravenrace MegaDork
2/3/16 8:07 a.m.

My late Dad's RT4WD Civic Wagon, which I now have for sale, BTW.

NickD
NickD HalfDork
2/3/16 2:06 p.m.
bravenrace wrote: My late Dad's RT4WD Civic Wagon, which I now have for sale, BTW.

Love these. Every time, I think of Bisimoto's 700+hp D16-powered Wagovan. Sadly he parted that car out.

Jay
Jay UltraDork
2/3/16 2:17 p.m.
bravenrace wrote: My late Dad's RT4WD Civic Wagon, which I now have for sale, BTW.

6 speed? Looks like a peach! Especially if you're in the midwest.

I had this one when I was 18-ish, even with 2WD and a carby 12V it was pretty fun. The shift linkage broke multiple times and left me without 2nd, 4th, or R.

16 years ago it already had severe rust problems. I sold it to a welder who did fix it up a little bit and I saw him driving it around a couple times, but I don't imagine it's still around. :(

bravenrace
bravenrace MegaDork
2/3/16 2:59 p.m.

In reply to Jay:

No, its autotragic. It had some of the typical rust, but I welded in new metal and did a partial paint job on it. Its really solid and clean now.

classicJackets
classicJackets Reader
2/3/16 3:54 p.m.

This was my DD for a year, 1983 Civic wagon. I am the second registered owner. Pulled it to do an engine swap (83 hp feels really slow, even with a 2100lb curb weight), but it will likely get an "advice from the hive" thread come summer. Love the ugly little thing

mazdeuce
mazdeuce PowerDork
2/3/16 4:02 p.m.

In reply to bravenrace:

I remember you fixing this for him. Sorry about your loss.

daeman
daeman HalfDork
2/3/16 4:31 p.m.

Some various commodore wagons

1 ... 8 9 10 11 12 ... 32

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
c11FKLg2NPJp6hkQLZy4lwmNSYecxTDwy6Uj30fqDF0gGpEWfqK1ZqrXlyAlKfUb