Snowdoggie
Snowdoggie New Reader
6/9/08 7:21 p.m.

http://www.break.com/index/woman-faceplants-on-segway.html

ignorant
ignorant SuperDork
6/9/08 7:34 p.m.

I was at the segway R&D center last week. A friend is an engineer there. No helmet no ride..

She also hit another segway while driving.. moron...

Snowdoggie
Snowdoggie New Reader
6/9/08 7:59 p.m.
ignorant wrote: I was at the segway R&D center last week. A friend is an engineer there. No helmet no ride..

Funny. They told me the same thing at REI when I was looking at Mountain Bikes.

ignorant
ignorant SuperDork
6/9/08 8:04 p.m.
Snowdoggie wrote:
ignorant wrote: I was at the segway R&D center last week. A friend is an engineer there. No helmet no ride..
Funny. They told me the same thing at REI when I was looking at Mountain Bikes.

It's funny but thats what I was told there..

They make a sweet wheelchair as well.. the ibot http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xK5uAeEV7tI

Climbs stairs.

They are working on Luke a really sweet robotic arm.. neato thinky tanky place

Woodyhfd
Woodyhfd GRM+ Memberand HalfDork
6/9/08 8:47 p.m.

My father has a couple of Segways. They're very intuitive and easy to operate, but you definitely do not want to hit a solid object with only one wheel at a time. They'll subject you to a nasty combination of momentum, leverage and repair costs in a hurry. Just ask the woman in the video.

GlennS
GlennS Reader
6/10/08 9:45 a.m.

lol well done

therex
therex Dork
6/10/08 10:10 a.m.

I had hoped it would be the woman who was kicking her legs out. :( d'oh!

Segways are stupid.

boofighter
boofighter HalfDork
6/10/08 4:14 p.m.
therex wrote: I had hoped it would be the woman who was kicking her legs out. :( d'oh! Segways are stupid.

that was my vote a the start as well. you want stupid, you can pay to take a demonstration ride here in edmonton. a the west edmonton wall, they will charge you 10 bucks to ride a segway for about ten min. you have to ride it in a small petting zoo type area and a operator watching at all times. since when do you have to pay for a test drive?

RX Reven'
RX Reven' GRM+ Memberand New Reader
6/10/08 4:34 p.m.
boofighter said:since when do you have to pay for a test drive

Um, it's called dating

seann
seann New Reader
6/11/08 10:54 a.m.

jeeze, that ladies face bounced In Chicago, they have cops on segways. I have mixed feelings about segways, they make it possible to get through your entire day without any exorcise. Before you at least had to walk to your bus stop or car. It's sort of like scooters, I see them and think: man that would be so cool, but if it's nice enough to ride a scooter, I could be on my bike and I'd rather peddle.

BobOfTheFuture
BobOfTheFuture New Reader
6/11/08 6:19 p.m.

wow. these move faster then I thought.

challenge legal?

Luke
Luke HalfDork
6/11/08 7:17 p.m.

^I bet they'd blitz the autocross.

Wally
Wally GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
6/12/08 7:19 a.m.

Michelin had a few to try out at Lime Rock a few years ago. As uncoordinated as I am it seemed fairly simple to use.

neon4891
neon4891 HalfDork
6/12/08 8:19 p.m.

umm, ouch

914Driver
914Driver HalfDork
6/13/08 5:43 a.m.

Ah, the curse of open wheels....

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
gOBzf6un6cBDcsesrs6kwvXuTYE8a0h8XYJhJsTvS5kyrlBcjMFapICe8R02IMRy