DasAuto
DasAuto GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
5/21/24 7:00 p.m.

I am thinning my model car collection by around 75% for myriad reasons. Most are NIB, but some of the vintage ones have decal issues. Accepting party much all reasonable offers, happy to ship at cost, etc. 

Highlights:

Accurate Miniatures McLaren M8B

2x IMSA Mustangs (no decals)

IMSA Camaro (really rare and kinda rough)

Owens Corning C3

MPC Gurney Eagle

1/20 928S with Pascha decals

Larousse LC90

F2005

Renault FW19

Soarer 2800GT

Zakspeed Capri

22B

DasAuto
5/21/24 7:02 p.m.

The 2 1959 Buicks are stupid rare and good restoration candidates. 1 hardtop, 1 convertible. 

The 65 Impala is a true working hydraulics project. Lots of cool parts. 

Box of spare parts, too.

ddavidv
ddavidv UltimaDork
5/22/24 7:07 a.m.

I limit myself to Fords to keep the insanity in check. Would be interested in the Shelby Mustang race car if you are selling piecemeal and maybe some of the newer Mustangs, GT40s and a T-Bird turbo. I already have those late 60s Mustangs. 

Colin Wood
Colin Wood Associate Editor
5/22/24 8:56 a.m.

I'm glad I haven't yet acquired the patience for model car building. Otherwise that's a really cool collection.

Ian F (Forum Supporter)
Ian F (Forum Supporter) MegaDork
5/22/24 9:03 a.m.

If I didn't already have a similar pile of un-built kits (most of them decades old), I'd be severely tempted here.  

stuart in mn
stuart in mn MegaDork
5/22/24 11:32 a.m.

In reply to Ian F (Forum Supporter) :

Me too.  I have more than I'll ever get to.

I watch a YouTube channel from a crazy guy in Canada called Coldwar Motors; among many other cars he's in the process of restoring a '59 Buick, and would probably jump at a chance to get those models.

DasAuto
5/22/24 1:55 p.m.

I just had a local hobby shop buy 60 of the kits. That leaves me a handful to ebay, mostly the vintage stuff like the 59s.

DasAuto
5/22/24 2:33 p.m.
ddavidv said:

I limit myself to Fords to keep the insanity in check. Would be interested in the Shelby Mustang race car if you are selling piecemeal and maybe some of the newer Mustangs, GT40s and a T-Bird turbo. I already have those late 60s Mustangs. 

I have a Folger's Mustang GTO and a IMSA Mustang both complete but no instructions or decals that I'd sell you cheap. They are way cool. 

ddavidv
ddavidv UltimaDork
5/23/24 4:05 p.m.

Instructions? Who uses those? laugh The lack of decals...well, perhaps they could be built as fantasy/privateer cars. If they are cheap enough I'll entertain them. You can message me.

TurnerX19
TurnerX19 UberDork
5/23/24 5:26 p.m.

I am interested in the Revell GT40 #2, the Revell-Monogram Porsche 904, and the Fujimi Mazda RX7 "36". Package price to 18042? PMs work for me.

Snowdoggie (Forum Supporter)
Snowdoggie (Forum Supporter) UltraDork
5/23/24 5:35 p.m.

Is the MPC Gurney Eagle still available? I am interested. Price to 75228?

Datsun240ZGuy
Datsun240ZGuy MegaDork
5/23/24 7:01 p.m.

I'm almost 62 YO and I've been building models since 4th/5th grade - I spent a lot of my life swinging by the Hot Wheels/Models aisle when randomly shopping at stores.  I still excited seeing these models.......

DasAuto
5/23/24 10:09 p.m.

A local hobby store bought 60 of them off of me, including nearly everything y'all wanted. Sigh. 

Ian F (Forum Supporter)
Ian F (Forum Supporter) MegaDork
5/24/24 7:19 a.m.

Yeah... I would have loved that 962 model.  I remember it from my first job at a hobby store back in the 80s.  Out of my budget back then.

I can totally understand taking the hobby store's offer.  I've thought about looking into selling the un-built kits I have, but I figure maybe I'll build them after I retire.  Maybe... Ok... probably not, but let me have my little dream, thanks... 

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
YoCYKCxj6mGvJEY60mIudWFEqYOB4FvrQ2qP9K8cM84bj5vSxRF8SnM697SvXOX7