1 2 3 4
N Sperlo
N Sperlo UberDork
6/11/12 12:36 p.m.

I'll build one, but like Spec B, probably won't be able to run.

friedgreencorrado
friedgreencorrado PowerDork
6/11/12 10:06 p.m.
N Sperlo wrote: I'll build one, but like Spec B, probably won't be able to run.

Just look for us when we're online, we'll have cars to the same specs, and you can do a private race with us, instead of the gAmErZ in the public lobbies. Yeah, no official points, but no frustration at getting punted off the road by some Warp-Drive engine swap cheater, either.

Note to the Forza regulars..remember to turn up the "end timer" in your fun lobbies..remember how frustrating that crap was when you were getting started?

EDIT: "was", not "is".

Graefin10
Graefin10 Dork
6/12/12 11:55 a.m.

OK, I bought the May DLC pack but still can't find the cars. Where do they go after you buy them? Dang it, I wan't to try out that Cortina.

failboat
failboat Dork
6/12/12 12:05 p.m.

I have a few trans am themed cars built to B class already that I used for a large number of my career races. Its fun to fight the modern cars with something classic, and make the old barges handle.

Dang no internet at home......Will keep checking back here for pics though.

szeis4cookie
szeis4cookie Reader
6/12/12 12:21 p.m.

Graefin - after you buy the cars from the marketplace, you have to "buy" the car in-game to put them in your garage.

Graefin10
Graefin10 Dork
6/12/12 12:26 p.m.
szeis4cookie wrote: Graefin - after you buy the cars from the marketplace, you have to "buy" the car in-game to put them in your garage.

OK, thanks. So you basically buy them twice. Well, next time I'm on I'll just try to buy one

64chrysler300
64chrysler300 Reader
6/12/12 12:29 p.m.

Ran a bunch of laps at Road America last night after work. A best of 2:39 in my '68 Barracuda...Not real fast but getting consistant. The Dart is still a nightmare. The Cougar was second best with a 2:41.

Ranger50
Ranger50 SuperDork
6/12/12 1:12 p.m.

I built a 69 Camaro to B500 specs...and it could almost be a ringer car....

Javelin
Javelin GRM+ Memberand UltimaDork
6/12/12 1:30 p.m.

Just a curiosity, I proposed B500 T/A last year and made a bunch of cars (they shared w/ Team GRM). Any reason you aren't using those cars / rules?

Hoop
Hoop SuperDork
6/12/12 2:48 p.m.

I'd like the run the Country Squire, but I simply cannot modulate the brakes with my left hand; I need ABS. Sounds like you guys will have fun, though!

Graefin10
Graefin10 Dork
6/12/12 5:36 p.m.

Thanks to your help I bought the Cortina and built it to the exact recommendation that Lain. suggested to get to B425 and went to Laguna Seca to test and tune. Still need to do some work but it's driveable and a lot of fun. The "street" compound tires made a huge difference in driveability.

moparman76_69
moparman76_69 Reader
6/12/12 5:42 p.m.

I call dibs on no. 77 posey challenger.

64chrysler300
64chrysler300 Reader
6/12/12 6:21 p.m.

I started working on the livery for the #98 Gurney Cougar. But I'll probably run the '68 Barracuda (#29 Gerald Robinson, privateer). I also have the Group 44 Cortina done.

LainfordExpress
LainfordExpress Reader
6/12/12 6:50 p.m.

Ok, so let's get an entry list going.

Also, my thoughts are for a first race this Friday night, after the b-spec race, or, if b-spec isn't on, we'll have it at 9:00.

Track is Sears Point NASCAR, for a duration of laps to be determined.

AtticusTurbo27
AtticusTurbo27 New Reader
6/12/12 6:52 p.m.

Lainford, What happened to the 510 in the U2 class? It was in your initial post in the b-spec thread.

Also, I'm on tonight if anyone wants to practice. just send me an invite.

LainfordExpress
LainfordExpress Reader
6/12/12 7:23 p.m.

Hmm.... The 510 definitely should be there for U2, not sure what happened. I'll fix it.

friedgreencorrado
6/12/12 7:48 p.m.
Hoop wrote: I'd like the run the Country Squire, but I simply cannot modulate the brakes with my left hand; I need ABS. Sounds like you guys will have fun, though!

Most of our lobbies, ABS is allowed. IIRC, Suggested Line off, traction and stability control (TCS/STM) off. IIRC, everybody's pretty much on board with allowing ABS and automatic transmissions, steering is usually set to "normal".

Graefin10
Graefin10 Dork
6/12/12 8:39 p.m.

Photobucket

Thought I'd try to post a Forza picture. I love the simplicity of this car and hate to do anything other than this to it. If I do decide to I think I'll buy another one to try to do a BRG/Yellow trim car. It should look good also if done right.

szeis4cookie
szeis4cookie Reader
6/13/12 12:36 p.m.

Since it sounds like there were more folks interested in B-Spec than could get on, I am going to stay out of this one to give other folks the opportunity to race online GRM-style.

friedgreencorrado
6/13/12 6:33 p.m.
Javelin wrote: Just a curiosity, I proposed B500 T/A last year and made a bunch of cars (they shared w/ Team GRM). Any reason you aren't using those cars / rules?

Javelin, I really think that we just forgot. There were a lot of new folks interested in B-Spec (only been around a couple of months), and the TA thing just kind of grew out of it. I really think it was an accident instead of an intentional slight. Jeez, if anyone has a real car that would fit in, you would be the one..(insert thumbs up icon here)

EDIT: deleted double post, even though I can't figure out how I made it.

Is there a great deal of difference between the proposed rules over here, and the ones you proposed?

Javelin
Javelin GRM+ Memberand UltimaDork
6/13/12 8:07 p.m.

My setups were different car-to-car (like the B-Spec cars) as doing it the spec tire/add engine stuff way created overdogs. Forza has updated some of those. I can post up my tuning files again, but run whatever you want. I was unable to host series or be on Live at the time, so I really don't have a dog in the race anyway. I was just pointing out that there should be a pretty wide gamut of cars available in the GRM lobby already built, though I don't know if they survived the cuts. At last count I had:

• 71 Javelin
  • 65 Mustang
  • 70 Boss 429
  • 70 Challenger
  • 65 GTO (Grey Ghost)
  • 69 Z/28
  • 70 Z/28
  • 67 Firebird
  • 70 T/A
Redline
Redline New Reader
6/13/12 9:59 p.m.

I would point out that on the subject of wheels, there are a few other options that were in use during the early days of Trans Am: Crager Bonneville's, ASE's, as well as the Torque Thrust and Minilite's. Having grown up back then around race cars I have seen the transition from actual real day racers to vintage racers. I can say this, the vintage racers are close to the real thing, but hold so much more performance with updated wheels that are ligher, more grip in teh rubber, larger displacement motors, you all know what I'm talking about...especially FGC. Also note that the early days of Japanese racing, Volk was making their 5 and 6 spoke wheels as well(the Volk six spoke is indeed a nice timeless wheel)

The older Alfa 1600's as well as the GTA's had the option of either ASE's or Minilites. I myself happen to run the ASE's on my little GTA that is a replica of Roman Tucker's No93...and it even has the original as raced back in the day patina still on it(the car was raced on ASE's but now wears Minilites as well as shiny paint)

My Spa Mustang wears the Crager Bonnevilles, but the in works red T/A has the American's on it as well as the requisite livery in white of course. You will note before passing or if I am faster that you the TN Fender plate...REDLINE...I still have my LTR BCH plate too if ya like ;)

AtticusTurbo27
AtticusTurbo27 New Reader
6/14/12 11:05 a.m.

I love my 510 so I will be doing a BRE replica. Will post pics when it's finished!

64chrysler300
64chrysler300 Reader
6/14/12 3:17 p.m.

Still a work in progress....

mutant
mutant New Reader
6/14/12 6:00 p.m.

the irve heorr pinto will make its debut...

1 2 3 4

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
nybJrYRzoG3ylr4SptKKSgdP38Cr5QbbLIx45V2BZp3xYzxJj4df48r8boiNRcy2