1 2
pinchvalve
pinchvalve GRM+ Memberand UltimaDork
7/18/12 8:00 a.m.

I see jobs listed today that almost always say "MBA preferred". What sucks is that these employers are not upping the salary to help offset the additional cost of getting an MBA. If I paid an additional $50,000+ to have an MBA, I'd want to make more than someone without an MBA! The jobs I see however pay less than what I make (are entry-level even) but still want that degree. It may be the cost of entry to certain careers.

rotard
rotard Dork
7/18/12 8:30 a.m.

Zombie thread likes brains. I think the programs can be good. For instance, it seems like a good way to make professional connections in my area. That, and all the HR departments love them some Clemson.

Cotton
Cotton Dork
7/18/12 8:36 a.m.

It really depends on what field you're in. For my wife it was almost a requirement to move ahead, but lucky for her she went straight into the MBA program after her undergrad, so was still in school mode. For me it would have been a waste of time and money imho.

JoeyM
JoeyM SuperDork
7/18/12 9:12 a.m.
rotard wrote: Zombie thread

Canoe dead.

Harvey5
Harvey5 None
9/21/13 5:43 a.m.

I think MBA has a lot of value if done from good schools. There is no point of doing them from average schools as in today’s scenario you can expect good jobs only if you are among top brass. Thunderbird laureate

1 2

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
h6xxUohHwYsbR0II5yr673bEh0IhRsgihRXQgz02cJeMUbJQuvaX3NIEiiOQc12t