1 2
TJ
TJ Dork
1/28/10 12:00 a.m.

I know it's sacrilegious to mention here, but I'm not a fan. It's not that I actively don't like it - it's more that I just don't care about it one way or the other.

There I said it.

Wally
Wally GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
1/28/10 12:00 a.m.
MitchellC wrote: Some say, they will go to great lengths to watch the show, including lawbreaking en masse.

Others say they just can't be bothered putting on pants and leaving the computer

neon4891
neon4891 SuperDork
1/28/10 12:10 a.m.
Wally wrote:
MitchellC wrote: Some say, they will go to great lengths to watch the show, including lawbreaking en masse.
Others say they just can't be bothered putting on pants and leaving the computer

All we know is, they're called ""The Fans"

4eyes
4eyes Reader
1/28/10 12:43 a.m.
TJ wrote: I know it's sacrilegious to mention here, but I'm not a fan. It's not that I actively don't like it - it's more that I just don't care about it one way or the other. There I said it.

Well.....that hasn't gone well, has it?

TJ
TJ Dork
1/28/10 7:29 a.m.

In reply to 4eyes:

Better than could've been expected. I was just stating my opinion, not trolling for trolling's sake.

neckromacr
neckromacr New Reader
1/28/10 12:04 p.m.
4eyes wrote:
TJ wrote: I know it's sacrilegious to mention here, but I'm not a fan. It's not that I actively don't like it - it's more that I just don't care about it one way or the other. There I said it.

I think he was posting just to state his opinion and perhaps back up the OP in his luke warm reception to the show that he is not some outcast for not going gaga over the show at first sight.

nderwater
nderwater Reader
1/28/10 2:08 p.m.

Is there a more entertaining show out there for car guys?

WilD
WilD Reader
1/28/10 6:28 p.m.

Actually, I'm rather enjoying it. I'm watching it as I type this. The wife walked in a few minutes ago and asked if I was obsessed with it now, and I've only watched seven episodes.

Keith
Keith GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
1/28/10 6:44 p.m.

That's not obsession, that's simply a healthy interest. Just tell her it's educational.

JoeyM
JoeyM Reader
1/28/10 7:08 p.m.
WilD wrote: I'm watching it as I type this. The wife walked in a few minutes ago and asked if I was obsessed with it now, and I've only watched seven episodes.

Have her watch the episodes with the Peal P50 and the pink Nissan Micra...then she'll be hooked.

4eyes
4eyes Reader
1/29/10 9:57 p.m.
4eyes wrote:

Whenever something on the show gets totaly berkeleyed up, someone always says" well......that hasn't gone well, has it?" or "Now thats gone wrong" R U sure you guys watch it?

DrBoost
DrBoost Dork
1/30/10 7:39 a.m.

Oh man, season 12 just popped up onto my Netflix cue!!!

Luke
Luke SuperDork
1/30/10 7:43 a.m.
4eyes wrote:
4eyes wrote:
Whenever something on the show gets totaly berkeleyed up, someone always says" well......that hasn't gone well, has it?" or "Now thats gone wrong" R U sure you guys watch it?

I believe the correct TG terminology is "that's not gone well" (said in a raffish British accent)

aussiesmg
aussiesmg SuperDork
1/30/10 7:49 a.m.

I think it is the best program on any station that I have ever seen. There I said it.

gamby
gamby SuperDork
1/30/10 12:41 p.m.
Appleseed wrote: Welcome to the most rabid fanbase...in the World.

Clarkson Island (for the uninitiated) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DMuO-8S_0Wg

Sorry, but if one didn't enjoy the touring car race they did in the E46 BMW diesel then I question one's interest in cars. That was such a compelling, exciting (and hilarious) segment. A great example of how wonderful that show is.

Keith_Goodrich
Keith_Goodrich New Reader
1/30/10 7:28 p.m.

So many great shows. police car challenge. cheap porsche challenge. tractor-trailer challenge. watching the Stig drive cars I can only dream about around that airport track. Best show on TV.

Lugnut
Lugnut HalfDork
1/31/10 11:30 a.m.

It looks like they leave out The News on the DVDs. That is sad. Those are some of the best minutes of the show!

maroon92
maroon92 SuperDork
1/31/10 12:26 p.m.

The test track clip of the Caterham R500 is about the most invigorating I have ever seen.

Keith
Keith GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
1/31/10 1:13 p.m.
maroon92 wrote: The test track clip of the Caterham R500 is about the most invigorating I have ever seen.

Agreed, and it illustrates the difference between a normal car and a lightweight. I pretty much jumped off the couch and cheered when I saw it, that's just what it feels like to drive one of those cars. Well, one with a much more pedestrian power/weight ratio.

GI_Drewsifer
GI_Drewsifer Reader
1/31/10 9:49 p.m.

I currently have all the seasons of TG, and I enjoy watching it, but I don't think it's even in my Top 5 favorite shows. IMO, if you go back and watch some of the earlier seasons, when they started doing the silly challenges, there was a sort of tongue-in-cheek "yes we're being absolutely serious right now". You knew, that they knew, that you knew it was all rigged (try and keep up with that!). But then to many people started to think it was real. Since then they try real hard to make everything seem real, and when they get caught, they make a huge joke out of it, and then go right back to what they where doing.

A good show, but not a great one.

neon4891
neon4891 SuperDork
1/31/10 10:37 p.m.
gamby wrote:
Appleseed wrote: Welcome to the most rabid fanbase...in the World.
Clarkson Island (for the uninitiated) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DMuO-8S_0Wg Sorry, but if one didn't enjoy the touring car race they did in the E46 BMW diesel then I question one's interest in cars. That was such a compelling, exciting (and hilarious) segment. A great example of how wonderful that show is.

WOW, the full version is much better than the clip they showed. there is even a gay clarkson with a miata!

And the Stig is the sheep dog

captainzib
captainzib HalfDork
1/31/10 11:15 p.m.

Clarkson's "serious review" of the Fiesta was awesome. There are too many funny moments to list. Also, Clarkson reviewing the Ariel Atom was a classic.

MitchellC
MitchellC Dork
1/31/10 11:29 p.m.

My favorite segment has to be the "Best Driving Road in the World," Season 10, Episode 1. The Lambo, Porsche, and Aston set against the European back country make for some beautiful images.

914Driver
914Driver SuperDork
2/1/10 6:44 a.m.

I wish "Coupling" was back on.

1 2

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
IpP1F1W34VGxmVAVOXP0OQTQEqsvX1MK2uyeFKktdjrw8P1EYsaUJ2i910ZXbWIs