cwh
cwh PowerDork
8/18/12 9:17 p.m.

Florida tops nation in concealed weapons permits?

Gov. Rick Scott’s claim is true — Florida has the nation’s most concealed weapons permits, says PolitiFact Florida.

Read more here: http://www.miamiherald.com/2012/04/27/2958146/florida-tops-nation-in-concealed.html#storylink=cpy

Ya'll be careful here. Road rage can be fatal!

carguy123
carguy123 PowerDork
8/18/12 9:19 p.m.

It's all those Yankees that migrate down there bringing their Mafia weapons.

Knurled
Knurled GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
8/18/12 9:51 p.m.

Meanwhile, I recently discovered that besides my family and most one friend's family, I am the only person I know who does not own a firearm of any sort.

It's not that I don't like them, it's just... okay, I can injure myself with a drinking straw still in its wrapper, I know where my limitations are with respect to self-injury. I'm surprised that they give me silverware.

N Sperlo
N Sperlo PowerDork
8/18/12 9:57 p.m.

Knurled, you sound like my father-in-law. Except he has lots of guns. He has injured himself on everything imaginable, and yes, he has been shot before... on accident.

Whatever you're comfortable with. If you aren't comfortable with a gun, you probably shouldn't have one.

LainfordExpress
LainfordExpress Reader
8/18/12 10:50 p.m.

How many people wouldn't be comfortable with a car if ey didn't have driver's education available at every high school in the country?

poopshovel
poopshovel UltimaDork
8/18/12 11:26 p.m.

Wait. What?

z31maniac
z31maniac PowerDork
8/19/12 12:09 a.m.
Knurled wrote: Meanwhile, I recently discovered that besides my family and most one friend's family, I am the only person I know who does not own a firearm of any sort. It's not that I don't like them, it's just... okay, I can injure myself with a drinking straw still in its wrapper, I know where my limitations are with respect to self-injury. I'm surprised that they give me silverware.

I live in OK.

My mother is only the person in my family that owns a pistol. She also works for the Fed and I have pictures of her shooting a .50 cal machine gun.

I would not screw with her!!!

N Sperlo
N Sperlo PowerDork
8/19/12 12:15 a.m.

Welcome to Florida...

JoeyM
JoeyM UltimaDork
8/19/12 6:23 a.m.

mad_machine
mad_machine GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
8/19/12 8:28 a.m.

one of my co-workers got a concealed carry from Florida.. and he lives here in NJ..

Beer Baron
Beer Baron PowerDork
8/19/12 10:35 a.m.
mad_machine wrote: one of my co-workers got a concealed carry from Florida.. and he lives here in NJ..

I think this is a fairly common thing. I think my dad did that as well. Florida gives out concealed carry permits more easily that most other states and they're widely recognized, so you get a lot of out of state people who are issued CCW permits through Florida.

daytonaer
daytonaer Reader
8/20/12 6:48 a.m.

Here in PA we have a very simple process to get a permit, PA shares reciprocity with FL. The process is a background check and takes 1-2 weeks.

You can be denied a PA permit (they won't tell you why), apply for a FL permit, and have a good probability of getting the FL permit.

There are so many people living in PA with FL permits, Mayor nutter wants to ban the reciprocity in philly.

singleslammer
singleslammer Reader
8/20/12 8:48 a.m.

The answer is old people... Little old lady that carries a .357 in her pursue is not afraid to walk out of Bingo with her winnings if you catch my drift.

Drewsifer
Drewsifer Dork
8/20/12 12:13 p.m.

Go Florida!

Although getting my permit down here did take almost 6 weeks. But at least I've got it.

noddaz
noddaz GRM+ Memberand Reader
8/20/12 12:27 p.m.

I wouldn't worry about the people that HAVE the permits...... It's the ones that don't that would concern me...

JoeyM
JoeyM UltimaDork
8/20/12 12:44 p.m.
daytonaer wrote: You can be denied a PA permit (they won't tell you why), apply for a FL permit, and have a good probability of getting the FL permit.

FL is a "shall issue" state. PA sounds like a "may issue" state.

[edit: Nope. I'm wrong. http://www.justfacts.com/guncontrol.asp#right-to-carry ]

Cone_Junky
Cone_Junky Dork
8/20/12 1:23 p.m.
noddaz wrote: I wouldn't worry about the people that HAVE the permits...... It's the ones that don't that would concern me...

[cough cough] Zimmerman [cough cough]

Of course I'm white and I don't like iced tea, so I gues I don't really need to worry...

Wally
Wally GRM+ Memberand UltimaDork
8/20/12 6:09 p.m.
noddaz wrote: I wouldn't worry about the people that HAVE the permits...... It's the ones that don't that would concern me...

Yep, we have shootings every day I i can't recall any of the shooters having permits.

N Sperlo
N Sperlo PowerDork
8/20/12 6:38 p.m.
Wally wrote:
Yep, we have shootings every day I i can't recall any of the shooters having permits.

All ours have been deemed in the right.

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
FBELgW22FcSVXB5AIEtLSKdzUjyoqFHTv9zqLke5Dc6v32UadMSlXD7HktkUUUbl