1 2 3 4
Tom Suddard
Tom Suddard GRM+ Memberand Intern
12/25/12 8:39 a.m.

Woohooo! We just finished opening stuff. I rounded out this Christmas with an Alinco DR-635t HAM radio, a coleman camp oven, some lego, and some "Isuzus are better than Jeeps" T-Shirts

Giant Purple Snorklewacker
Giant Purple Snorklewacker MegaDork
12/25/12 8:45 a.m.

Ray Ban Aviators in awesome 70's State Trooper chrome!

Hasbro
Hasbro Dork
12/25/12 11:49 a.m.

Couple grand for more suspension mods.

Adrian_Thompson
Adrian_Thompson SuperDork
12/25/12 11:56 a.m.

The Samsung galaxy tab I'm typing this on.I bought 2 on black Friday to give one to our daughter planning on taking one back asI found a better deal. Well SWMBO didn't take the 2nd one back and wrapped it for me ;)

Also a couple of out of print Saab books

Datsun310Guy
Datsun310Guy UberDork
12/25/12 12:01 p.m.

1 t-shirt, 1 casual shirt, 1 dress shirt, 1 tie, pair of metal work horses, orange duct tape home made wallet from 10 year old.

SnowMongoose
SnowMongoose Reader
12/25/12 12:04 p.m.

Camo Mazda hat from one bro.
Assassins Creed 3 from the other
(almost hate him, this game is bloody difficult and I'm a terrible loser.)
Bah Humbug.

JThw8
JThw8 PowerDork
12/25/12 12:05 p.m.

Metal shrinker and stretcher, new rolling box for my airbrush and pinstriping stuff and some new Wicked Colors paints for the airbrush.

Some other cool bits too but that's the car related stuff.

914Driver
914Driver MegaDork
12/25/12 12:08 p.m.

Mrs. 914 asked what I wanted and the only tool I don't have is a decent buffer. So, a decent 6" hand held buffer to wax my stuff with; AND because I'm such a nice son in law, I'll wax your mother's Maxima as my gift to her.

I got $350 worth of pedistal grinder with buffing wheels.

Points for trying ......

ultraclyde
ultraclyde Dork
12/25/12 12:28 p.m.

Bunch of clothes for work and a three year renewal of GRM. Also my wife told me that in a couple years she might want a slightly more comfy DD, so I'll get the Cooper S for free to track. Yay!

JoeyM
JoeyM UltimaDork
12/25/12 12:44 p.m.
JThw8 wrote: Metal shrinker and stretcher, new rolling box for my airbrush and pinstriping stuff and some new Wicked Colors paints for the airbrush. Some other cool bits too but that's the car related stuff.

Great things are bound to come out of this....I expect some suitably frankenstein creation.

friedgreencorrado
friedgreencorrado PowerDork
12/25/12 1:04 p.m.

Air Hogs Havoc! I wonder if she's been snooping the forums over my shoulder.

Oh, and my sister renewed my SCCA membership!

oldtin
oldtin UltraDork
12/25/12 1:26 p.m.

Engine work for the TR4. And a few random TR6 suspension bits

Head decked, hot cam, big valves and fresh springs, forged pistons, worked over rods, worked over rear seal (now uses a mopar rear main seal instead of triumph's chewing gum and twine thing).

JThw8
JThw8 PowerDork
12/25/12 1:44 p.m.
JoeyM wrote:
JThw8 wrote: Metal shrinker and stretcher, new rolling box for my airbrush and pinstriping stuff and some new Wicked Colors paints for the airbrush. Some other cool bits too but that's the car related stuff.
Great things are bound to come out of this....I expect some suitably frankenstein creation.

No specific plan for them yet but as my arsenal of "basic" tools is relatively complete I've been trying to get more fabrication tools. I can think of a few basic things I may need them for coming up but yeah, I look forward to the frankensteining potential.

RexSeven
RexSeven UltraDork
12/25/12 1:44 p.m.

Lots of new clothes including a nice new leather jacket and a new camera. Nothing car-related.

JoeyM
JoeyM UltimaDork
12/25/12 1:54 p.m.

Tamiya 240z diecast, money with the instruction to use it on mosin ammunition, soda maker, small RC helicopter WITH CAMERA!!!

red5_02
red5_02 Reader
12/25/12 2:02 p.m.

A wheel bearing for the Protege.

4cylndrfury
4cylndrfury UltimaDork
12/25/12 2:07 p.m.

Craftsman full size 20" rise 3 ton floor jack and creeper.
Some nice clothes.
Upgraded battery for the rc boat.
Dark knight trillogy.

This was a good year!

mapper
mapper Reader
12/25/12 2:11 p.m.

My usual Christmas list is clothes but this year I pointed my parents to the Flyin Miata cam gear ninja tool. My dad does a lot of woodworking and had a small piece left over from a current project. He decided to "spice" the gift up so the cam gear tool came in a case!

sachilles
sachilles SuperDork
12/25/12 2:21 p.m.

Nice, I like your dad's style.

mtn
mtn PowerDork
12/25/12 2:22 p.m.

Girlfriend and her parents: Pair of jeans, shaving cream, socks, undershirts, underwear, and a nice flannel.

Cousin (secret santa): Capo, guitar tuner, guitar book, itunes gift card, 6 pack of beer.

Grandparents: Money.

Parents/Brothers/Dog: Carhartt shirt, hardshell case for my vintage Gibson, Comforter, scarf, socks, Hot Sauce, Far-Side coffee mug.

I'm sure I have a few more gift cards and possibly a check from out of town relatives coming in. Our family goes nuts for Christmas, I love it. Since my dad has started going to estate sales every weekend, the quantity and quality of the gifts has gone up as well.

friedgreencorrado
friedgreencorrado PowerDork
12/25/12 2:25 p.m.

In reply to mapper:

That is seriously cool.

Spoolpigeon
Spoolpigeon HalfDork
12/25/12 2:32 p.m.

Mapper: that is fantastic!!!

I got an SCCA T-shirt, pair of nice jeans, a few Lowes gift cards (a sure sign of getting older), a stocking full of reese cups and a Ferrari 458 spider.............Hot wheels car. Not to mention great food, friends and family. It's been a good holiday.

stanger_missle
stanger_missle GRM+ Memberand Reader
12/25/12 2:42 p.m.

I got a pizza stone and a Shark Steam mop. Has anybody seen my mancard?

wbjones
wbjones UberDork
12/25/12 2:51 p.m.

Ian F
Ian F PowerDork
12/25/12 3:19 p.m.

A DeWalt 12v lithium ion compact impact driver and drill set from the g/f. She's tired of me using hers.

1 2 3 4

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
LdhClDw5clbYzE0yZjMRIYHYbMnpkMefyUWmfcZh51Pojqlpe3MOcvDiWTugh9Fk