1 2 3 4 5
EastCoastMojo
EastCoastMojo GRM+ Memberand UberDork
11/29/12 9:13 p.m.

Three words: THE GREEN MACHINE Still WANT!

fast_eddie_72
fast_eddie_72 UltraDork
11/29/12 9:15 p.m.
Datsun310Guy wrote:
Woody wrote:
my younger brother had this car - we spent a lot of time messing with it.

Oh wow. That takes me back. I LOVED that thing when I was a kid. As I recall, I somehow broke or lost bits from one and the next year I got another from Santa! Man, I guess I started young.

Woody
Woody GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
11/29/12 9:22 p.m.

I looked for one for my daughter a couple of years ago and there's almost no info on them on the mighty internet. I thought maybe I had imagined it or gotten the name wrong.

SkinnyG
SkinnyG HalfDork
11/29/12 9:22 p.m.

I had the Beetle vs Pickup set twice as a kid, but I always, always, wanted this one:

Woody
11/29/12 9:27 p.m.
EastCoastMojo wrote: Three words: THE GREEN MACHINE

Two words: SAAB WHEELS

EastCoastMojo
EastCoastMojo GRM+ Memberand UberDork
11/29/12 9:29 p.m.

No, on the Saab they are all the same size.

Gearheadotaku
Gearheadotaku GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
11/29/12 9:53 p.m.
SkinnyG wrote: I had the Beetle vs Pickup set twice as a kid, but I always, always, wanted this one:

I had the truck / beetle one too!

Gearheadotaku
Gearheadotaku GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
11/29/12 9:54 p.m.
ransom wrote: Secretly? Not that I can think of... I'll happily admit to wanting all kinds of kids' toys; some I had when I was a kid, others that I just wanted... Of course, it mostly turns out I don't seem to have time to play with things these days. Even my "grownup" toys don't get the exercise they ought to... I never play with my Tamiya AA-powered Unimog, or maybe I'd let myself go find one of these from my youth:

I had a few, one of my favorite toys as a kid.

CarKid1989
CarKid1989 SuperDork
11/29/12 10:08 p.m.

Well i never got a mini bike when i was growing up. and i think that time has passed size wise. (so i bought motorcycles by the handfull )

I did by myself a slinky a few years back and on an impulse buy i just bought a Magic 8 Ball monday. Always wanted one.

Woody
11/29/12 10:14 p.m.
Gearheadotaku wrote:
SkinnyG wrote: I had the Beetle vs Pickup set twice as a kid, but I always, always, wanted this one:
I had the truck / beetle one too!

I remember playing with SSP Smash Up Derby cars, but I don't think they were mine. Maybe they belonged to the aforementioned cousin. I had a lot of SSPs, though, and I even bought two off eBay a few months ago. They may have been my favorite toys of the 70's.

Appleseed
Appleseed PowerDork
11/30/12 1:27 a.m.

I still want Shockwave. Do kids get to play with toy guns anymore?

Jamesc2123
Jamesc2123 Reader
11/30/12 5:50 a.m.
EastCoastMojo wrote: Three words: THE GREEN MACHINE Still WANT!

Reminds me of:

What I want:

It opens up for a full interior as well...I wonder if the holochess board works

JG Pasterjak
JG Pasterjak Production/Art Director
11/30/12 6:48 a.m.

Yeah. I think 93EXCivic beat me to it, but this:

I think that was the holy grail of the Star Wars toy universe.

jg

DoctorBlade
DoctorBlade SuperDork
11/30/12 7:10 a.m.

I had one. Only popular toy I ever had. Perfected powerslides and spinouts in a hurry.

Sky_Render
Sky_Render HalfDork
11/30/12 7:49 a.m.
RexSeven wrote:
DaveEstey wrote: Legos. All of them.
THIS. However, there is one set in particular I've always wanted:

I kept ALL of my LEGOs. And I had a LOT of them. (I believe I have 7+ of the biggest Rubbermaid cases full of them.)

I've decided when I own a house, I'm going to get into model railroading. With LEGOs. I'm going to go on eBay and buy loose LEGO bricks by the garbage bag, disinfect them (because who knows where those things have been), and build an epically-awesome LEGO town consisting of trains, roads, and 5-foot-tall skyscrapers.

Ian F
Ian F PowerDork
11/30/12 8:02 a.m.

+1! That was the first thing that came to mind before opening the thread.

Of course, after opening the thread, I was reminded of a bunch of other things I want.

I still really want a Tamiya Bruiser...

I had a Millenium Falcon as a kid. I still have it, actually. It's not worth anything, however, because shortly before I stopped playing with action figures, I entered my "everything must be painted black" phase. So it's black.

pinchvalve
pinchvalve GRM+ Memberand UltimaDork
11/30/12 8:06 a.m.

1988RedT2
1988RedT2 UltraDork
11/30/12 8:34 a.m.
Appleseed wrote: I still want Shockwave. Do kids get to play with toy guns anymore?

I can't tell you how many Nerf guns are in my house, but I'm quite sure it's over a dozen!

These are cool also. They shoot discs instead of darts. Flatter shooting, with significant knock-down power!

4cylndrfury
4cylndrfury UltimaDork
11/30/12 8:40 a.m.

Indoor RC aero stuffs...

Maroon92
Maroon92 MegaDork
11/30/12 8:47 a.m.

I've been looking for an original JAZZ transformers action figure for a few years. The ones on ebay are either all jacked up, or overpriced... Maybe I'm just too cheap!

Ranger50
Ranger50 UltraDork
11/30/12 8:47 a.m.

Still want one of these:

Except I ain't paying the $100 for one now....

ZOO
ZOO GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
11/30/12 9:08 a.m.

I forgot this:

Apexcarver
Apexcarver UberDork
11/30/12 9:26 a.m.
Ian F wrote:
+1! That was the first thing that came to mind before opening the thread.

Of course you guys know...

http://www.amazon.com/Huffy-Machine-Green-Medium-20-Inch/dp/B007JEFDEI/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1354288657&sr=8-1&keywords=green+machine $80 with free shipping....

Me, I always wanted one of those Kinex roller coasters..

I also miss the hotwheels tracks we would set up. We had a rachet arm thing that would fling the cars around the circuit. Later we also had the battery operated foam rollers.

Wally
Wally GRM+ Memberand UltimaDork
11/30/12 9:28 a.m.
Ian F wrote: I still really want a Tamiya Bruiser...

Me too. I tried to buy one when I was in the 7th grade but there wasn't enough grass to mow or soda to deliver at what I was getting paid. I still ended up with an original RC-10 so it wasn't a total waste of time.

I also wouldn't mind finding one of these

mpolans
mpolans Reader
11/30/12 9:32 a.m.

Robotech/Macross VF-1S. The fully transformable one 1/48 scale one. They're expensive now and I'm just too cheap.

I used to covet a Battlestar Galactica Colonial Viper too, but I'm not sure I'd want it anymore.

1 2 3 4 5

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
ndn05lqVKJh6Dqh8Q8sqwOrDUgo0l4QSTcimRmIucpGalQH7zb66AvDJuSeFdNg2